It is currently Wed Dec 07, 2016 11:25 pm

Free Newsletter

No. More. Booze!!!

What do you promise to do today to help lose weight?

Moderator: Moderators

No. More. Booze!!!

Postby MissE » Tue May 22, 2007 2:14 pm

I'm not an alcoholic or anything lol, but I AM a uni student who works in a pub. Recipe for disaster!!
But for the next week, no booze shall pass these lips!
Life is too important to be taken seriously!
MissE

Postby BubbleButt » Tue May 22, 2007 2:19 pm

LOL.. I say no booze shall pass my lips every Mon - Saturday and on Sunday's I bugger up and have a cider or something.. :lol:

Good luck tho.. :)
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
BubbleButt

Postby Jisgone » Tue May 22, 2007 10:34 pm

im on this pledge, mine was a month without booze and i started the 16th of may :)
Jisgone

Postby MissE » Mon May 28, 2007 2:26 pm

hahaha...
Misersable. Failure.

started with my fav work buddy looking at me horrified and saying "but its Wednesday!!!" when i said i wasnt drinking. we have a tradition, you see.
Then Friday night i went out. Saturday night i went out. Sunday night i had dinner with my family and my brother bullied me, but i stopped at 3. No im having lunch with a pal, and beers after with a couple other friends. Sigh.
Life is too important to be taken seriously!
MissE

Postby kate_turner2000 » Mon May 28, 2007 2:27 pm

LOL never mind miss e its something you can work towards achieving. maybe offer to buy the drinks and go to the bar and get them only to trick your friend and buy a diet beverage instead?!
kate_turner2000

Postby madeline » Mon May 28, 2007 6:37 pm

I am proud to say I haven't had an alcoholic drink since NYE. I was never a big drinker (just b'days, NYE and weddings) so I really haven't found it a problem to give it up. Also my boy has a few months to go before getting off his Ps so I felt bad drinking when he couldn't have a drop, that also helped hehe :D

Come on girls, you can do it! Makes it so much more special when you do have a glass.

Madz
"Ððñ'† µ wï§h ¥ðµr gïrl£rïêñÐ wå§ hð† lïkê mê, Ððñ'† ¥å ßåߥ ;)"
CW- 57kgs, GW- 53kgs (8kgs lost!)
madeline

Postby Dotti » Mon May 28, 2007 6:48 pm

I feel your pain MissE! Just look at my display picture :lol: I'm not an alcoholic either, but it's still socially hard to go to clubs and pub without having at least one drink. I'm trying to stay away from these places while I get back to shape and exercising. Perhaps grab a diet coke? Or vodka and orange juice? But definitely stay away from the beers, it's full of carbs! Good luck!
Dotti

Postby Butterfly_Dawn » Mon May 28, 2007 7:40 pm

I find it not hard at all to go to the pub and not have anything - I get a soda water (you could do orange juice or diet coke etc) and just pretend that it's gin and tonic, vodka and orange, bundy and coke etc. Then I just give myself permission to relax and have fun. Everyone thinks I'm drinking and I have a good night without the hangover. I did it on my sis's 21st and she didn't suspect a thing.
35kg lost. (November 2005 - October 2006)
15kg gained again (as at October 2010).
Back to the drawing board - Let's do this thing!

"You can't change the winds, but you can change the sails"

"Reach out and take control of what lands in your lap"

Butterfly_Dawn

Postby shelbel » Wed Jun 13, 2007 9:15 pm

LOL I will never make this pledge!! :D

Whenever i go out with my pals i always make sure we're on the dance floor most of the night, at least it burns some of it off! Besides i probably couldnt get on the dancefloor without it, so kinda beats the point of doing it!!
Highest Weight - 93kgs
Current Weight - 68.3kgs
Goal Weight - 65kgs

The wise man Stephen King once said - The only way to go on, is to go on. To say 'i can do this' even when you know you cant

You'll find me in the almost there section :)
shelbel

Postby jeshka » Thu Jun 14, 2007 4:41 pm

this pledge would be too hard for me. I'm not an alco either, but I drink most weekends. My vice is usually beer, but I can pledge to cut that out, because I know how full of carbs it is. I am a big fan of the vodka with crushed lime and soda water, and usually if I go out dancing, that's all I have. Vodka and orange juice is great too.

This weekend, however, we have an engagement party to go to, and there's going to be much champagne. Since it always gives me an incredible headache though, I will go easy on it and only have a few.

Ok so that's mine, no beer for.... 2 weeks!
jeshka

Postby kate_turner2000 » Thu Jun 14, 2007 5:01 pm

err cant drink vodka and orange juice anymore. too much of it one night- skulling one after the other and i was puking the whole way home. never again i vowed. til i did the same thing with vodka and solo... and then vodka and raspberry *sigh* now i dont drink
kate_turner2000

Postby sassi » Thu Jun 14, 2007 5:04 pm

:lol: i'm guilty of consuming too many "empty" alcohol calories as well!

i'm trying to cut back though. went out last night to watch the origin with the boy & friends and i drank diet coke while everyone else had beer. it was nowhere near as much of a challenge as i thought it would be! i made a decision to go over my daily cals a little so i could have what i wanted for dinner at the pub & decided that no beer was my sacrifice!
sassi

Postby kate_turner2000 » Thu Jun 14, 2007 5:06 pm

well done sassi great decision :) as i always say:

'you dont need to drink to be social'
kate_turner2000

Postby jeshka » Mon Jun 18, 2007 1:36 pm

i don't have to drink to be social, but it certainly helps. Drinking on saturday night, I had most of my bf's family telling me that they had never seen me talk so much in the 10 months or so that they've known me - i'm a bit of a shy one, but usually only takes me 1 or 2 drinks to come out of my shell. i just think of the hangovers and that's enough motivation to cut down!
jeshka

Return to Daily Weight loss Pledge