It is currently Thu Dec 08, 2016 11:12 am

Free Newsletter

No chocolate for one week

What do you promise to do today to help lose weight?

Moderator: Moderators

No chocolate for one week

Postby milkyway » Wed Jun 13, 2007 10:58 pm

My pledge is to not eat chocolate for one whole week, even if I do visit my sister's chocolate shop.

However, Jarrah hot chocolate doesnt count.
Just keep moving! And don't be lazy...
------------------------
SW: 74.3kg - 1/1/09
CW: 71.1kg - 3/5/09
GW 62kg
milkyway

Postby shelbel » Wed Jun 13, 2007 11:12 pm

Oohh thats a tuff one!!

Best of Luck!! :wink:
Highest Weight - 93kgs
Current Weight - 68.3kgs
Goal Weight - 65kgs

The wise man Stephen King once said - The only way to go on, is to go on. To say 'i can do this' even when you know you cant

You'll find me in the almost there section :)
shelbel

Postby kate_turner2000 » Thu Jun 14, 2007 8:46 am

lol hot jarrah definately doesnt count hehe. hard pledge san especially considering your sisters shop is so fab. but we know you can do it - take one day at a time :)
xoxox
kate_turner2000

Postby milkyway » Thu Jun 14, 2007 9:57 pm

Day one and doing OK so far...
------------------------
GW 62kg
milkyway

Postby kate_turner2000 » Thu Jun 14, 2007 10:00 pm

the first day or two are the hardest san so you are doing well :)
kate_turner2000

Postby milkyway » Fri Jun 15, 2007 8:10 pm

Well - that pledge isn't working out so well for me :( ... I ate a couple of tiny pieces of chocolate today ... but that's not the bad part - the naughty side of me thinks that if chocolate is off the menu, then I'll get my sugar fix another way and somehow, I think substituting chocolate for pancakes with jam is not what this pledge is supposed to be about :P.

So I will modify my pledge to no sugary treats of any kind (Jarrah is OK and shall sustain me) between Monday to Friday as of next week.
------------------------
GW 62kg
milkyway

Postby kate_turner2000 » Fri Jun 15, 2007 9:07 pm

thats ok san its funny how other foods try to sneak their way in ;) let us know how you go! and tell your sister she isnt allowed to sell such yummy choccies! hehe
kate_turner2000

Postby Ally » Sat Jun 16, 2007 8:41 am

Hi Sandra...just a thought for you....instead of cutting it out altogether (don't know about you, but that just makes me want it more! :roll: ) why not limit yourself to 2 squares per day (or even 3-4 if it fits into your food plan) that way you are getting your choccie fix without 'pigging' out on it. I am aware some people will bawk at this, but I successfully lost 30kg and I ate either a mint pattie OR 2-3 squares of chocolate a day....what then happened with me is because I was allowing for it every day, after about 3-4 weeks I didn't feel like it every day, but then only had it between 2 and 4 times a week. It is worth a shot matey....this is all the sort of stuff I am in the progress of putting back into action for me because it worked for me....I hope this is a help to you
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wGLHYSm/]
[/url]
Ally

Postby zeedeveelgirl » Sat Jun 16, 2007 2:11 pm

That's a great idea Ally, I did it pretty much that way too. Because you allow yourself to have it and you know it's not forbidden, you stop craving it as much. I'm lucky if I have choccy twice a week now!! It really makes you savour the taste and appreciate it more too.
zeedeveelgirl

Postby milkyway » Sat Jun 16, 2007 2:19 pm

I don't know that I could trust myself to have just one or two pieces :oops: that's why I think it has got to be all or nothing with me!
------------------------
GW 62kg
milkyway

Postby Ally » Sat Jun 16, 2007 10:30 pm

I know what you mean Sandra....but I had to really just bite the bullet and stick to it which for me was like losing my right arm...but after awhile it stuck.....now just to get back to it...I know that I just have to retrain my thoughts as I tend to be an all or nothing person, but what I discovered was that the world (or at least mine :roll: ) was not going to come to an end if I didn't eat the whole block in one sitting....I hope you can find a happy medium too matey!!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wGLHYSm/]
[/url]
Ally

Postby desert_me » Tue Sep 11, 2007 10:41 am

I am going to reduce my chocolate consumption to one barline (55g) every other day.

Which is a BIG drop from 250g block every other day, and more chocolate snuck in besides....

I will eventually reduce it to once a week.
And no more KFC.....
desert_me

Postby wanabe_thin » Wed Sep 19, 2007 10:17 am

The chocolate habit is really hard to break, but I did with the help of a self hypnosis tape.

I was a real chocaholic, if it was there I couldn't resist. Familly size bars would evaporate from the fridge, I'd hide it in the vege crisper so the kids wouldn't find my stash! Duck to the shop to buy milk and grab a cornetto and eat it before I got home so my husband wouldn't see. Really bad.

A few weeks before last easter I started listening to the CD and without realising, I simply lost interest in chocolate. In fact I didn't eat any at all that easter! Even when the family was all sitting together watching TV sharing eggs, my husband offered me some and I actually said no thanks, I don't want any! He asked me if I was feeling sick!!

I almost never eat chocolate now, maybe once a month and its more likely to be an ice cream rather than a chocolate bar.

I don't know what is said on the CD because I always fall asleep but it has had a big effect.

The book with CD is called
I CAN MAKE YOU THIN - Paul Mckenna - Bantam press

The book has lots of practical everyday things that help break bad eating habits.

Worked for me! Now I just have to work on my other bad habits!!

Kim
Ultimate Goal 65kg by 18/09/08
This months goal- to weight less than last month LOL!! :)
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wsrRMSI/]
[/url]
wanabe_thin

Return to Daily Weight loss Pledge