It is currently Sat Dec 03, 2016 1:22 pm

Free Newsletter

ever have one of those days...

What do you promise to do today to help lose weight?

Moderator: Moderators

ever have one of those days...

Postby kate_turner2000 » Thu Jul 12, 2007 9:50 am

have you ever had one of those days where you wish you could go back to bed and not face the day?

it seems like i have woken up on the wrong side of the bed this morning. im not tired but micks car is playing up again. sick of bomb cars that always need work on them and in turn cost a fortune :cry: and then a job he was going for that was 20 minutes from home, $10,000 more a year was given to the other bloke before mick and they told him that they 'would keep him in mind'. we have been hanging to hear back for nearly a week about it and really thought that it would improve our financials and also living because mick wouldnt have to commute 2-3 hours a day and pay for commuting. so i know he is shattered this morning from the news. my brother has to go into hospital this morning to have a colonoscopy and one of those cameras down his throat because he is having digestive problems and they need to find out why. he is 28 and has never been in hospital before so i am nervous for him. i just feel like staying in my pjs and not necessarily stuff myself with food but i dont feel like doing a food plan for today which in turn will mean that i will eat whatever i want and then have to deal with the aftermath of eating whatever i want.

so my pledge today is:
* do my food diary now- this morning after i finish this post
*do my hour of work out
*go and buy some helga bread today because i have run out of multigrain
*drink 3 litres of water a day (the last couple of days i have found myself drinking a bit more than 2 litres because i dont want to eat junk food after dinner so i sip on water instead

fingers crossed.
kate_turner2000

Postby grugwashere » Thu Jul 12, 2007 10:31 am

im sorry to hear about your mis fortunes kate :(
but good on you for making this pledge, i hope things turn around for you soon :)
SW:91kg
CW:75kg
GW: Somwhere in the 60's for now

Next mini goal:73kg
grugwashere

Postby SarahC » Thu Jul 12, 2007 10:38 am

Sorry to hear that Kate. How disappointing and frustrating. I can really relate to not getting the job, it has happened to me so many times... it really gets you down :(

The pledges sound great though. Maybe a walk to the shops to get the bread (if it's not too far that is)? Walking is great :)
SarahC

Postby kate_turner2000 » Thu Jul 12, 2007 11:26 am

thanks girls things have got to turn good for us at some point they have been down for months now :cry: too cold here for a walk with heidi this morning sarah which sucks but spent about 20 minutes scrubbing oil off my driveway :? guess that counts as exercise. couldnt get the helgas bread but got noble rise rye and spelt bread. looks yummy. had to buy more vegemite too which cost me an arm and a leg!

oh and then i put one of my only jackets on this morning i had brought with my birthday money back in april and the zipper broke :? not the actual zipper part but the little thing you use to pull the zipper up and down- doopledinger thing. lol. i just laughed. my day will get better!

i laugh how all these people are doing this new "the secret" thing. it was on oprah and everything about how if you say positive things to yourself and imagine things happening then they will. well i have spent a good week visualising mick getting this job and it didn work. "the secret" sucks :(
kate_turner2000

Postby sassi » Thu Jul 12, 2007 11:31 am

hey kate, sorry to hear you're having one of 'those' days. i definitely know the ones you mean!

hope things change for the better really soon.

spelt is meant to be really good for your digestion as well :D
sassi

Postby Chelle » Thu Jul 12, 2007 12:40 pm

Sorry Kate that you are having a bad day. I hope your brother is alright. I hope that your day get's better.
Chelle

Postby kate_turner2000 » Thu Jul 12, 2007 12:53 pm

thanks girls, its good to have a rant and rave :) being quite frustrated and upset has its upside- i just scrubbed the whole kitchen :shock: im a clean freak as it is but its cleaner than ever! also i brought myself a lavender oil at shopping on tuesday as my reward for losing weight- $2 for the reject shop :P but its burning in my oil burner at the moment and the house smells pretty :) plus it will be calming for me ;)
kate_turner2000

Postby Chelle » Thu Jul 12, 2007 1:04 pm

that's good kate

I know what it is like, I went to go to the gym today got there & there is a major blackout from an unknown source that has wiped out 5 suburbs. It really censored me bacause I was pummped today & I was going to go hard at it today. So I had to come home & will do somthing at home I don't know what yet but plan it after lunch.
Chelle

Postby milkyway » Thu Jul 12, 2007 1:48 pm

Hey Kate - I believe in the law of attraction... but on the flip side, I also believe in fate... so I reckon Mick didn't get that job because an ever better & more convenient one is just around the corner.

I remember all too well what it was like to have a car that you would worry about every time you took it out. In my first car, I used to have a lump of wood next to me and when my car stalled in the middle of an intersection I would have to quickly pop the bonnet and whack the alternator and *fingers crossed* the car would start again... that was just ONE worry amongst many... my next car would overheat and break down any day the temperature was over 30 degrees. Bloody European cars LOL. So I feel your pain, sista!!!

Keep the faith, things will get better.

And I hope your brother is OK. Keep us posted.

PS Paperclips make fabulous zip substitutes :D
PPS I am also the biggest optimist I know :P
Just keep moving! And don't be lazy...
------------------------
SW: 74.3kg - 1/1/09
CW: 71.1kg - 3/5/09
GW 62kg
milkyway

Postby kate_turner2000 » Fri Jul 13, 2007 11:29 am

well i didnt buy helgas bread because they didnt have any but i brought noble rise rye and spelt bread instead. all night mick was saying R.Y.E - he was a being a smarty pants by spelling rye because it was rye and spelt bread. :P

didnt drink 3 litres yesterday but got to 2.5litres.

weighed myself sneakily this morning and the scales arent moving for me. i have noticed that my calories have been under 1200 each day and calorieking says i can have 1500 so i am trying to aim for about 1300 from now on. see if this makes a difference.

san those black pants with the tie up belt you gave me keep slipping off today LOL

tomorrow night we are going to hogs breath for dinner. if anyone has been there and knows of something that is healthy and yum let me know. after the rough times we have had lately i told mick that we are going to have an early tea at hogs breath when we do our shopping on saturday. we should treat ourselves every so often. we never go out for dinner.

my brothers surgery went really well. he is quite relieved nothing sinister was found. they had to widen his gullet to improve digestion and he has to eat more fibre i.e. fruit and vegies! and also has been told to STOP DRINKING COLA! be it pepsi or coke. thanks everyone for your support and concern :)

saN i shook my head when i read about your old car. my car stops at intersections and ive spent heaps of money fixing things. its as old as me my car. and micks is not that far behind it! we are trying hard to get this new car next year and we will only have one car then. my old car which was also as old as me i used to have to use the brake and accelerator at the same time.
kate_turner2000

Postby kate_turner2000 » Fri Jul 13, 2007 12:24 pm

p.s i also just found out today that my brother in law has been sent to iraq for 8 months as of october. he is a warden officer in the army.
kate_turner2000

Postby milkyway » Fri Jul 13, 2007 12:39 pm

yay for slipping down pants :D That's really cool.

I'm glad to hear that your brother is OK. Might be a bit of a wake up call for him that he needs to get more fibre and other goodies into his body.

That's pretty scary about your bro-in-law. My brother's a warrant officer, too. But these days in his new job he gets to choose who to send abroad - not me he says :P. He's been in the army for about 16 or 17 years and has seen some pretty nasty stuff - from Rwanda to Timor to Aceh to Solomans. So he's not about to send himself to Afghanistan or Iraq. He has three kids and his wife also works, so it's really hard when he does have to go away for 6 months+

Never been to Hog's Breath, so no idea what they serve. I think it's important that you get to have a bit of a date with your boy, even if it is early on a Sat night with Heidi in tow. Noice :)

I'm willing a new car your way, Kate.

I have an 11 year old Saab. I bought it for $10K about 3 years ago. Thought it was a bargain at the time. It broke down on me once (needed a new fuel pump - about $1200, plus tow fees and instant RACV membership) and I had to have the timing belt changed ($1500) and every time it has a service, it costs heaps because it's yet another European car and air filters etc. cost over $100 :roll: And the air con broke down several times so we've spent hundreds on that. At least my husband drives a little Daewoo - those parts are cheap AS.

Oh to have a new car under warranty... one day!!!
------------------------
GW 62kg
milkyway

Postby kate_turner2000 » Fri Jul 13, 2007 12:55 pm

hey san yeah my brother has been to timor and othe rplaces too. he is a wo2. and has been in the army for 20 years. he has two kids 20 and 17 and my sister works full time too. he was supposed to be retiring at the end of the year but his boss has called on him to go overseas to iraq to train people over there so his retirement has been put on hold. my sister will be freaking out about him being away so long.
kate_turner2000

Postby milkyway » Fri Jul 13, 2007 1:08 pm

My brother tried to leave the army last year because his eldest child started high school and he always said he wanted to be settled back in Melbourne for that - they built a house and everything!

But the army offered him a choice of postings (and he can do back to back postings there so the kids gets to stay in one place for 6 years... my niece who's in grade 5 has already been to about 4 different schools) and a bonus of a year's salary if he would stay... kinda hard to knock back when he had no idea what he'd do in the 'real world'. :?

Anyway, they are all settled and loving it :)
------------------------
GW 62kg
milkyway

Postby vanessa0305 » Fri Jul 13, 2007 3:59 pm

I am having one of those weeks.

My car blew up yesterday...must have known the 13th was coming. I know have to spend the money from our tax that was going to pay off our credit cards to buying another old bomb cause thats all we can afford.

John hasn't had proper work in 3 weeks. and we are slowly seeing our dream of owning our home slipping through our fingers.
Vanessa

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/woi7sgh/]
[/url]
vanessa0305

Next

Return to Daily Weight loss Pledge