It is currently Sun Dec 04, 2016 11:15 pm

Free Newsletter

My three point plan

What do you promise to do today to help lose weight?

Moderator: Moderators

My three point plan

Postby SarahC » Tue Jul 24, 2007 11:40 am

I have had this plan in place for the last couple of months. I've got three things that I aim to achieve every day, which are:

1. Intake is within my daily kilojoule limit (6000kJ for three days then one day of 8000kJ)

2. Everything is written down in my food diary AND it's written down under the correct day (no more robbing Peter to pay Paul, or however the saying goes!) There's half a point for one or the other, a full point for both.

3. Nothing eaten overnight. By that I mean after 10pm or after I go to bed for the night, whichever happens first. (I'm allowing for now half a point for a small snack, less than 500kJ and only if I'm desperate.)

So far I am yet to have a single day where I have achieved all three of these. I've been tallying up my total score each week and updating it in my signature line. As you can see by this week's score (from Sunday to Saturday) I have been doing extremely badly :oops:

To get me going, I'm going to start reporting my progress each day. I'll do this every day for the next 10 days. What fun!
SarahC

Postby Ally » Tue Jul 24, 2007 11:44 am

Hi Sarah you have some really good outlines there.....I look forward to reading your daily progress...all the best!!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wGLHYSm/]
[/url]
Ally

Postby kate_turner2000 » Tue Jul 24, 2007 12:12 pm

oooh looking forward to the reporting sarah! i like the idea of eating less one day and more the next, its a good way to trick your body :)
kate_turner2000

Postby molligrub » Tue Jul 24, 2007 8:59 pm

Hey Sarah, that is such a great idea you've got going - I'm going to do something similar!!

I've worked out my little plan - covering four areas - water consumption, food consumption, sleep and exercise. Each area will have a score of -1, 0 or +1 depending on how well I go (possible 4 points in a day), and for every point I earn I will allow myself $5 toward my clothing budget at the end of the week!! Each negative point will deduct $5 from my fund. I desperately need new clothes, so this will give me some incentive.

Sorry for hijacking your thread, I just think that you have really thought up a good system there - what a brainwave!!, hope you don't mind me copying it!!!

Cheers, Molli.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wnqxaGD/]
[/url]

I am gonna exercise my butt off!! Literally!!
molligrub

Postby SarahC » Tue Jul 24, 2007 10:15 pm

That's okay Molli, you can share my thread :) Great idea with the money and clothes incentive too!
SarahC

Postby SarahC » Wed Jul 25, 2007 9:36 am

1. Not even close to my goal intake, thanks to yet another bran muffin and couple of squares of chocolate. About 1000kJ over

2. I picked far too much last night and didn't write any of it down, so who knows how much I ate. I got all the main things written down and counted though... I'm being reeaaally lenient to myself by calling this half a point!

3. I woke up at midnight and ate a wrap filled with tuna (yuck) and the last of those damn bran muffins (so glad to see the back of them!). Not happy this morning at all :(

A begrudging total of 0.5 out of 3.

And I would appear to have put on 1.5kg in the last 4 days! (Had to weigh myself this morning to avoid getting on the scales tonight at the gym - I have a "fitness assessment", what a waste of time!!)

Sorry for being all grumpy this morning :(
SarahC

Postby kate_turner2000 » Wed Jul 25, 2007 9:59 am

hey sarah its probably a lot of fluid retained mate, you will be back where you belong soon :) i know it might not seem like it to you, but you work really hard with working out and also cooking and so on. you can come back from this :)
kate_turner2000

Postby SarahC » Wed Jul 25, 2007 4:41 pm

Thanks Kate :D

I'm cancelling the gym appointment... no way they're getting me anywhere near their scales today lol. I don't even want to be in the same room as a pair of scales... or any other measuring device for that matter!
SarahC

Postby molligrub » Wed Jul 25, 2007 4:56 pm

I'm hearin ya Sarah - I'm feeling the same way about the scales lately! Sometimes it's just better not knowing, I reckon!! Gosh, that little bit of equipment can make or break your day, really! :roll:
[/url]

molligrub

Postby SarahC » Thu Jul 26, 2007 10:20 am

I know! I checked again this morning and it had gone down. I feel better today :roll:

Day 2:
1. Still over my kJ limit by about 1000kJ. Nuts! Literally... almonds and brazil nuts :lol:
2. Did a bit better on the picking side of things. I weighed and measured everyting I picked at (like 10g of bran, 3 almonds, I mean it gets ridiculous, but it all adds up!!) and included it in my totals.
3. Yet again I woke up at midnight and yet again my feet carried me into the kitchen. I ate a slice of my TVP meatloaf, cold, straight out of the fridge :( The only good thing is that I woke up again, at about 1:30am, and just went to the toilet and back to bed.

1 out of 3 this time....
SarahC

Postby molligrub » Thu Jul 26, 2007 11:13 am

Well done, Sarah, every little improvement counts.

I think it is so hard not to pick - I just go to the fridge and my mind goes on autopilot and next thing I know there's quite a bit missing LOL.

So I can completely understand how hard it is not to pick between meals.
[/url]

molligrub

Postby kate_turner2000 » Thu Jul 26, 2007 11:58 am

damn nuts!! rid them to hell!!... but let me go with them! lol.
kate_turner2000

Postby SarahC » Fri Jul 27, 2007 10:15 am

Day 3:
1. Had a late one last night and managed to let myself get a little hungry, so had a minor eating fest when I arrived home. Overshot my limit by about 2000kJ :(
2. At least I didn't do any picking after dinner as I was not home. Haha I get a point here by default!
3. I woke up and ate a power wrap with cheese!!! GRRRRR. Only 400kJ not too damaging so half a point.

1.5 out of 3

Weight steady at 50.2 as well. I'm considering going back to daily weighing... :?
SarahC

Return to Daily Weight loss Pledge