It is currently Sat Dec 03, 2016 6:45 am

Free Newsletter

No binge pledge

What do you promise to do today to help lose weight?

Moderator: Moderators

No binge pledge

Postby HappyBella55 » Thu Sep 06, 2007 12:40 pm

Ok so my emotional eating is getting a bit out of control.

Last night was bad, bad, bad.

So my pledge is to go for the rest of the week without eating for any other reason than hunger.

I pledge not to feed my emotions but to love them and sit down and work through them rather than run away and stuff myself with food.

I hope I can do this. It's going to be tough.
Start weight - 77kgs
Goal weight - 53kgs
Current Weight - 50.1kgs

No more weighing, no more scales. My measurement is my success at health. It's an investment I make every single day. My priority: be healthy!
HappyBella55

Postby Chelle » Thu Sep 06, 2007 2:24 pm

I pledge not to feed my emotions but to love them and sit down and work through them rather than run away and stuff myself with food

I think it's that's a great way to combat emotional eating instead of initial of feeling go straight to comfort food & overating junk then the dissipoinment afterwards of the guiltiness of eating all that food. Find out why it is making you reach for the cuppboard's when your emmotion are down & running wild. If you are down like you said work with them, write down what your feeling are & take the safer path.

There is plenty of thing that can bring on emotional eating. I think it is a great pledge & i'm sure there are a few girl's on this forum that can help & do it with you. Goodluck
Chelle

Postby kate_turner2000 » Thu Sep 06, 2007 3:47 pm

what was bad about it chicki? im sure you can get through this. do you have any healthy alternatives to keep on hand?
kate_turner2000

Postby HappyBella55 » Sun Sep 09, 2007 12:47 pm

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

:oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

Ok so last week didn't go as well as I hoped. I reverted back to old habbits and turned to the food.

I didn't have any plans in place for me to cope when the binge monster comes out.

I have to find some alternate forms of distraction. I was asked last night if I had any hobbies. I couldn't answer as the realisation hit me that I don't have any hobbies or distractions to help me cope.

I have to put on my thinking cap and come up with a list of alternate things to do when the urge to binge hits.

Thanks for your support guys

I will post when i figure out some coping mechanisms.
Start weight - 77kgs
Goal weight - 53kgs
Current Weight - 50.1kgs

No more weighing, no more scales. My measurement is my success at health. It's an investment I make every single day. My priority: be healthy!
HappyBella55

Postby lng86 » Sun Sep 09, 2007 12:51 pm

I have a tip so you can never binge again...

Don't buy the food that you binge on! Simple :D

Seriously though, it works... because those cravings pass extremely quickly... It doesn't even give you enough time to run to the shops.

Are you likely to binge on fruit? Or yoghurt? Or cup-of-soups? Or vegetables? No!!!

It's worked for me!
To succeed you need to find something to hold on to, something to motivate you, something to inspire you - Myself (Lauren)
lng86

Postby kate_turner2000 » Sun Sep 09, 2007 1:43 pm

hey there bella, sorry to hear the pledge didnt work out the best but at least it is something you can work towards. do you enjoy scrapbooking? i really like it but dont often have time to do it because i have a little one running around. i am planning on making my own xmas cards to send out this year too so that is something i am working on. another thing is knitting. my mum is very crafty and can knit and sew and all that so she taught me to knit- nothing fancy! but i am making heidi a blanket for her bed for next winter :)
kate_turner2000

Postby HappyBella55 » Sun Sep 09, 2007 8:13 pm

Lauren thank you for your tip but that would require me to have no food in the house. I tend to binge on whatever food is available even healthy food.

I won't be buying junk food though trust me :D. I want to beat the binge monster more than anything.

Yep Kate I'm definitely going to work towards it.

I've never tried scrap booking. I like taking pictures (any subject really) I think I might look into it. Gives me something to do in my spare time and keeps my mind busy so I won't get overwhelmed by the emotions in my head.

I don't know how to knit, neither does my mum so she can't teach me, but I like the sound of scrap booking. Thanks for that tip.

I'm liking the idea of starting a weightloss scrapbook :D
Start weight - 77kgs
Goal weight - 53kgs
Current Weight - 50.1kgs

HappyBella55

Postby madeline » Sun Sep 09, 2007 8:44 pm

If you do binge (I binged a couple of time in the last week oopsies :oops: ) call it dinner, then drink water and tea for the rest of the night (that almost balances it out in terms of kjs). I've had a whole packet of chips a couple of times for dinner this week, but it's not showing on the scales so far. It's not the end of the world, Bella, don't worry hun. Just focus on flushing it out of your system with fluids, and then head to bed so you don't eat anymore, and just focus on having a better day tomorrow :)
"Ððñ'† µ wï§h ¥ðµr gïrl£rïêñÐ wå§ hð† lïkê mê, Ððñ'† ¥å ßåߥ ;)"
CW- 57kgs, GW- 53kgs (8kgs lost!)
madeline

Postby HappyBella55 » Sun Sep 09, 2007 10:10 pm

Thanks for those tips Madeline.

Drinking water is something I am definitely going to do.

Does drinking green tea help?
Start weight - 77kgs
Goal weight - 53kgs
Current Weight - 50.1kgs

HappyBella55

Postby Bread-Monster » Sun Sep 09, 2007 11:32 pm

Well...one way of not bingeing is to make sure all the food in your house has to be painstakingly prepared. Buy frozen peas, and whole brocolli and carrots and corn on the cob. Leafy greens, rice, semolina, cantelope, grapefruit, whole pineapples. Don't buy bread, buy flour, butter, yeast. Don't buy anything that won't take you longer than 5-10 minutes to prepare.

My aunty use to do this, she would buy lots of biscuits and binge on them, one day she took them out, put them on a plate, instead of eating them, she threw them in the bin. I thought she was insane and I asked her why should would waste it. She said it was better in the long term and that it would remind her not throw money away by buying them in the first place...Don't get me wrong, I still think she's insane. She should've given them to her neighbours.
Current weight 50.4kg
Current Fat % 13.5%

Fat % 14.0%

-Si vis Pacem Para bellum-
Bread-Monster

Postby bear » Sun Sep 23, 2007 10:26 pm

hey there Bella!!I am going to follow your pledge as well as I had binging more often than not!!! Had a bad weekend ( BBQ, undercover party!!)BINGE,BINGE,BINGE!!
I found a get way to stop binging!! Write down everything you eat,drink! and sshow someone who will tell you straight if your food diary is good or not! I did that and showed my PT. it was enough to get me eating properly and start listening to my body , and to eat when I was actually hungry!! It worked cause I had a great week (lossed 1.5 kgs) :D Just waiting for TTOMs and I'll see how good I really am!! :wink: I was readin inthe latest issue of Good Medicine that it takes 4 days to form a habit (good or bad). Should put it to the test!!!
bear

Postby HappyBella55 » Mon Sep 24, 2007 9:09 pm

Hey Bear,

I have been recording everything that goes in my mouth. I'm due to show my doctor my weekly food dairy (she's been really supportive), and she's measuring blood pressure, cholesterol etc.

I've started a journal and every time the desire to binge comes along I write in my journal and drink water.

I'm also making myself a dress which is helping keep me occupied.

its TTOM for me and this weekend I allowed myself to eat whatever without the guilt and surprisingly I did really well.
Start weight - 77kgs
Goal weight - 53kgs
Current Weight - 50.1kgs

HappyBella55

Postby bear » Tue Sep 25, 2007 11:09 pm

Your so good BELLA!!! :D :D The food diary helps when you follow it!!! Although the past 4 days I fell off the wagon and have binged again :cry: :cry: . At times I just need to be shot!!! :oops:
Tomorrow is a new day!!! :D I will set up camp at the Gym to hopefully burn some off those empty calories I ate!!
Then on Thursday I'm having an undercover party, serving alcohol and nibblies!! :shock: Why do I shoot myself in the foot?!! :cry:
On Friday I'll be having a session with my PT so she'll just flog me - It will serve me right and I'll think twice about binging again!! :D I'll take note to drink lots of water when the urge arises to binge again!!BEAR
bear

Return to Daily Weight loss Pledge