It is currently Tue Dec 06, 2016 1:37 am

Free Newsletter

Serena's pledge

What do you promise to do today to help lose weight?

Moderator: Moderators

Serena's pledge

Postby Serena » Thu Jun 30, 2005 12:00 am

I'm going to walk into town tomorrow and renew my gym membership. Probably about 6km return.
Serena

Postby Maraver » Thu Jun 30, 2005 7:20 am

Good lass let us know how you go
Pam
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wcPPfC1/]
[/url]
Maraver

Postby Scott » Thu Jun 30, 2005 10:36 am

Two birds with one stone! I like it.

Now you'll be able to tell us all about your gym workouts!

Keep up the great work - 6kms is a great walk. :)
Scott

Postby Serena » Thu Jun 30, 2005 4:26 pm

Isn't it always the way? I woke up this morning all ready to walk down to the gym and it's pouring rain! Instead I drove to the gym and renewed my membership and I've booked in for a fitness assessment and program on Monday. Then the rain eased up after lunch and I got my walk in anyway. So I still got my two birds I just had to use separate stones.
Serena

Postby Scott » Thu Jun 30, 2005 6:12 pm

As long as you got your walk in and you joined the gym all is good!

Let us know what your gym program is like.
Scott

Postby Serena » Wed Jul 13, 2005 7:44 pm

I've decided that I'm going to go on weight watcher's. I've tried it before and had some success. I honestly believe that formal diets should be unnecessary so long as you eat healthy foods but I'm feeling a little out of control with my eating and I think the structured points program might help me regain control of my diet.
Yesterday I ate almost the whole packet of gingernut biscuits! I think the dog had 2 and Darren had maybe 5, the rest was all me! Isn't that disgusting? So anyway, I have all the books and I pledge to start weight watcher's this week - maybe not tomorrow, because I have to wait until after I do the groceries, but definitely this week.
Serena

Postby Serena » Fri Jul 15, 2005 6:43 pm

I have started weight watcher's today. I have a new exercise book and have ruled up some tables for charting my progress and some pages for recording my food intake and bonus points etc. and on the first page I have some photo's of me I took a couple of weeks ago for reference. I'm feeling good about it too. Today I went to the green grocer and bought heaps of lovely fresh fruits and vegies and over the last couple of weeks or so we've been not renewing our junk food supplies so our kitchen is looking pretty healthy right now. I think I need some tactics for surviving Sunday lunch at mum's house.
Serena

Postby Maraver » Fri Jul 15, 2005 6:48 pm

Well We will be with you every step of the way
I have a weight watchers calculator which I found really useful
Pam
[/url]
Maraver

Postby Serena » Mon Jul 18, 2005 3:46 pm

Well my pledge to make up for Saturdays binge on Sunday went right out the window. It was like my brain never even registered my intention to behave myself and then the days nearly gone and oops! - drank too much coffee, and real coke, and ate sweets at mum's and didn't exercise. Oh well, the weekends over and if I can control myself fairly well over the week and get in all of my workouts, maybe I'll give myself permission to not care if I'm a little out of control on weekends.
Serena

Postby Dolly » Mon Jul 18, 2005 3:57 pm

'

You're definately not alone with binging on the weekends.
I diet all week with success but because of my previous weekends small indulgence, my weight watchers weigh-ins remain stagnent.

Dolly
Dolly

Postby Serena » Mon Jul 18, 2005 10:28 pm

Because I exagerated my recording of my workout today, tomorrow I'm going to do my gym workout and an extra workout at home as penance. And I will do my best to ward off any naughty snack-bearing family members.
Serena

Postby Maraver » Tue Jul 19, 2005 7:42 am

Good for you let us know how you go
Pam
[/url]
Maraver

Postby Serena » Tue Jul 19, 2005 12:32 pm

Well, it was very cold this morning so I turned off the alarm, rolled over and went back to sleep. Too late to go to the gym in the morning and I have to make Darrens lunch and pack a dinner for him to take to work and the middle of the day is just a bit busy, and I don't like going to the gym in the afternoon because it gets really busy. So no gym today. It was only cardio day though so I figure I can make it up at home. We've been for our little family bike ride / scooter run. Just when you think you might be feeling some results from all your hard work you get shown up by a 16kg husky with an attitude problem and you realise just how far you have to go. I should make that another goal. To be able to beat the dog in a race. Anyway, I'm pretty stuffed after the ride. I will do tae-bo after Darren goes to work and then I should be caught up.
Serena

Postby Serena » Tue Jul 19, 2005 4:27 pm

Well I've just finished doing tae-bo with a bewildered husky attacking my feet. Note to self: tae-bo and full stomach not a good mix. I recall tae-bo never used to be this hard, I used to even be able to do the advanced one. Maybe I'm getting old. I am so unfit. I know I'm unfit and I know that tae-bo is a great way to get fit and burn fat and build muscle all in one handy workout. So why don't I do tae-bo more often? No idea. It was a real effort to do it today and not just physically. I had to force myself to do it, it was like I was looking for any excuse to get out of it. I really baffle myself sometimes. I have a spare bedroom converted to a workout room and a complete set of tae-bo videos and yoga videos and pilates videos. And yet the door hardly ever gets opened. Why? But I manage to go to the gym almost every day which takes twice as long and costs a lot more than working out at home. We even have a weight bench and some dumbbells and barbells. It's a pretty good setup but it hardly ever gets used. I must be mentally ill. Oh well, at least I am getting some exercise now. I might go have a nice spa as a reward for being good.
Serena

Postby Dolly » Tue Jul 19, 2005 5:04 pm

Hi Serena,
There's nothing wrong with the way you are doing things, infact it's quite normal.
Humans seem to be able to succeed at things if they get that live recognition, someone needs to be watching us eat and praising us, someone also needs to watch us exercise.
9 times out of 10 if it's just left up to us to do alone with no one recording or showing much interest we often fail.
That's why this thread is a good idea, you can report your stuff to us, we care.
If today wasn't a successful day, tomorrow will be your winning day.
Dolly

Next

Return to Daily Weight loss Pledge