It is currently Sun Oct 23, 2016 6:57 pm

Free Newsletter

Treating my body well

Share your weight loss tips here

Moderator: Moderators

Treating my body well

Postby Bubbles » Tue Nov 27, 2007 9:22 pm

I just thought I would share how I overcame a particular obstacle on my last weight loss journey. I just could not loose even a kilo. I would start to cut back on the eating and within a couple of days I just give up. This happened over and over and over again. I would say things to myself like "I am not that overweight, it doesn't really matter."

Anyway I did an Anthony Robbins program. It actually worked. He said that if you just can't loose weight there is a reason and you have to identify the reason.

I thought about it for a long time, lots of navel gazing and I realised something about myself. When I was a teenager I was part of a group who were all boarderline anorexic. We had some really sick attitudes to food. I would go for literally days without eating. It was basically a form of self abuse.

As an adult I had moved a long way from those attitudes yet when I was trying to loose weight I still thought of it as something like a self punishment. Being a well adjusted, happy adult I would consistantly reject this way of thinking when ever I tried to click back into "starvation" mode.

I learned (with the help of Weight Watchers) to think of loosing weight as a healthy thing to do. It is not self abuse to get to a healthy weight. It is not starvation to eat lots of veggies and some fruit and other healthy stuff etc. I also did it a bit slower than I would otherwise have tried to loose weight. Once my attitude to weight loss changed I started to actually loose some weight and stuck to a healthy eating plan.

I know it is a bit deep but I thought it may help someone else.

Postby mimosa8 » Tue Jan 01, 2008 8:13 pm

That was a really good post.

its so true. thankyou for posting it.

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Tue Jan 01, 2008 9:54 pm

That's a great post, Bubbles. Thank you for sharing your story. It sounds similar to my sister's attitude toward weight loss (she starves herself to lose weight then gives up). I'll recommend the Anthony Robbins CDs to her. I'll probably keep an eye out for them for myself too!

Postby Mummyof3 » Sat Jan 19, 2008 5:19 am

Just read your post, awesome, thanks for sharing go alot out of it.

"You must begin to think of yourself as becoming the person you want to be."

Return to Home Grown Tips