It is currently Sat Dec 10, 2016 6:21 am

Free Newsletter

fun exercise? YES!

Share your weight loss tips here

Moderator: Moderators

fun exercise? YES!

Postby laura21 » Wed Apr 26, 2006 10:43 am

I'm not the biggest exercise fan because it all seems like a chore, but then I remembered what i liked doing as a kid and got into skipping and dancing again...The best part about it is that you don't realise that your burning any fat and don't get obsessed with how much time you "should" be exercising.
I bought a skipping rope for about 3 dollars and now I use it with my little sister and do all the rhymes that I used to use when I was a kid, it really makes me smile!
As for the dancing, I was a bit ashamed to join a class because of my bulk, and because of the price so I bought a few CDs and now I just dance around the house while Im doing chores or whatever! It's great, I've lost weight without realiseing and without the "shoulds".
my tip is to find the best exercise for you, dont do ti ebcause you have to or you'll lose interest, dance, yoga, skipping, even a long shop can be a good idea.... :)
laura21

Postby Hayley » Wed Apr 26, 2006 11:19 am

Hi Laura,

It was nice to read you message about fun exercise. I think it's great that you've started skipping with your younger sister and the dancing is a good idea too. I'd love to do dancing lessons but like you, I am embarrassed and it costs lots of money. Dancing works though, Kate lost 13kg from participating on the show 'Dancing with the stars'.

Chasing my little boy around at the park and kicking his little soccer ball is good exercise too - I need to do more of it and it's fun.

Have a great day :D
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wuOdmgo/]
Hayley

Postby Dolly » Wed Apr 26, 2006 2:28 pm

Hi Laura, it looks like you've found a great way to exercise with rope jumping.
I've always thought of taking up belly dancing for my exercise but even though a large belly is considered beautiful in the middle east, at the moment my belly would still frighten people away.
Dolly

Postby Butterfly_Dawn » Wed Apr 26, 2006 7:21 pm

That's why I like riding to work - I don't have to make time for exercise because I did it by getting to work and back. And it's got more purpose to it so it's less like a chore.
35kg lost. (November 2005 - October 2006)
15kg gained again (as at October 2010).
Back to the drawing board - Let's do this thing!

"You can't change the winds, but you can change the sails"

"Reach out and take control of what lands in your lap"

Butterfly_Dawn

Postby KimE » Wed Apr 26, 2006 7:22 pm

Hi Laura, great ideas and your right that you are more likely to stick with it if you enjoy it. Dancing is the one that sounds good to me as I grew up doing jazz ballet and tap dancing. Will have to hunt down a dance aerobics DVD or something similar.

Hey what about that Tae Bo anyone done that? Is it fun?
Kim - To thine own self be true
Maintainence since 04/11/06
Preferred Weight - Under 60 kgs
Current Weight - 64.8 kgs
Start Weight - 85 kgs
KimE

Postby Belzie » Sun Jun 18, 2006 2:26 pm

thats sooo true u know...i used to go running everyday but stopped cuz it was not fun...the motivation was gone!!!!

but recently....i have started skipping 200 times every morning to wake me up (i wake up at like 4 to study ans sleep @ like 9)

i love dancing to...but dont do it as often...i really wanna joing a bellydancing class after my HSC but im not game enough (i hate doing things on my own)
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
[/url]
Belzie

Postby roxy » Mon Jun 19, 2006 11:47 am

wow what a great idea, i am going out very soon to buy myself a rope :D need something to break up my morning walk

yeah i agree with you belzie, really would like to start a dancing class but not on my own. :(

good luck all
xxx
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
[/url]
roxy

Postby KimE » Mon Jun 19, 2006 3:18 pm

I have started doing a class at our local gym called Body Jam which is basically a cardio dance class. We do all different types of routines latin, disco, hip hop, jazz, funk. It is absolutely so much fun I am grinning the whole class.
Kim - To thine own self be true
Maintainence since 04/11/06
Preferred Weight - Under 60 kgs
Current Weight - 64.8 kgs
Start Weight - 85 kgs
KimE

fun fun fun

Postby bunny » Thu May 17, 2007 1:58 pm

Carmen Electra - Fit To Strip.

Geri Body Yoga

Pole Dancing - for fun and fitness.

Hip Hop dancing
bunny

Postby Chelle » Fri May 18, 2007 3:19 pm

I have started doing a class at our local gym called Body Jam which is basically a cardio dance class. We do all different types of routines latin, disco, hip hop, jazz, funk. It is absolutely so much fun I am grinning the whole class.

I would love to try that but when I lived in Port Macquarie I worked every time & now They don't have childminding at the night when the class is on so I can't win.
Chelle

Postby chubba momma » Sun Aug 12, 2007 9:41 pm

im often in front of the tv with Hannah dancing to the wiggles :lol: :lol:
NO MORE EXCUSES!!
chubba momma

Postby Ophir » Mon Aug 13, 2007 5:44 pm

I really enjoy my daily walks. I walk home from work everyday which is 5.5km. Its just a fantastic way to unwind and relax. Its also my only real outside time as i work in an office and live in an apartment.
Ophir

Postby gottashed » Fri Aug 24, 2007 5:30 pm

I have recently started doing Jazz and Hip Hop dancing. It is so much fun and you dont even realise how much work you are doing. The teacher does a full on work out to start with and then we get stuck into the dancing. We do a 45 minute class on Thursday nights. I giggle the whole way through, heaps of fun, recommend it to anyone.

Kylie
gottashed

Return to Home Grown Tips