It is currently Fri Dec 09, 2016 1:09 am

Free Newsletter

my dieting method

Share your weight loss tips here

Moderator: Moderators

my dieting method

Postby jessica86 » Tue Jul 08, 2008 12:04 am

this isnt really dieting, i would eat what i eat now even if i was skinny. anyway. this is my way of sticking to my calorie allowance each day.

I have a notebook/journal where i give myself 'options' for each meal. i have 5 different 'chapters', breakfast, morning tea, lunch, afternoon tea & dinner.

for each 'chapter' i am allowed so many calories. Breakfast is 200-250cals, morning tea is 150-200cals, lunch is 400-500cals, afternoon tea is 150-200cals and dinner is 250-350 cals.

for each 'chapter' or meal i have a list of different meal options i can choose from. so for breakfast i can choose between for example, 50g muesli & soymilk(240cals) oran apple& a banana(230cals) etc. i have already calculated the calories of each option so it fits in with each calorie allowance.

so each day i just choose an option from the list of each meal, and i know i have had 1500cals or less for that day.

this works for me as i tend to eat the same stuff, and buy the same brands each week, plus i cook for myself (im a vegan and my fiance is a carnivore so he can cook for himself).

i am continually adding to my journal with new options to keep things varied.

<3 jess
jessica86

Re: my dieting method

Postby sassi » Tue Jul 08, 2008 12:58 pm

that sounds like a great method of ensuring you keep within your cals for the day & still having options :)
sassi

Postby Strawberry » Fri Aug 22, 2008 3:48 pm

what a great idea.
i tend to eat the same thing for breakfast/lunch & snacks. dinners are my problems never know what i'm going to make until the last minute.
Strawberry

Postby CUZZY26 » Mon Aug 25, 2008 11:33 pm

That sounds like a great idea. I think I'll try it too...varying meals is a great way not to lose interest. Do you have any good ideas for healthy snacks in that notebook of yours? Do you ever deviate from the menus you have?
CUZZY26

Postby jessica86 » Wed Aug 27, 2008 8:32 pm

for snacks i usually have things like fruit or nuts, but i also have things like potato chips- i buy a big bag of red rock deli chips, and portion the bag out into little zip lock bags and weigh them and then i know how many cals is in each bag. i also have vegan tim tams- i think its important to include some junk food as snacks or else id go nuts!

i do deviate from my menu's sometimes, like if we go out somewhere for dinner, or when i work night shift but i have so many options already in my notebook i tend to stick to it!

<3 jess
jessica86

Postby HealthyLiving8 » Thu Oct 23, 2008 4:56 am

water and fruits are BFFs

keep up the good work!
HealthyLiving8

Return to Home Grown Tips