It is currently Tue Dec 06, 2016 7:42 am

Free Newsletter

Diet Tips

Share your weight loss tips here

Moderator: Moderators

Diet Tips

Postby Dolly » Tue Jul 26, 2005 7:08 pm

Diet Tip
Tape a picture of your skinny self to the refrigerator for inspiration. To remind yourself what you can look like.

Take a shower or bath when a food craving strikes. It will relax you, and keep your whole body occupied and out of trouble (i.e., the kitchen) until the craving fades.

Drink a tall glass of water before every meal. It’s a healthy way to quench your hunger.
Last edited by Dolly on Thu Nov 24, 2005 1:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dolly

Postby Fairie » Wed Jul 27, 2005 6:23 pm

If you are like me and can't find a skinny photo try finding a celeb photo you like then put your face to it. :lol:

We can all dream

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
[/url]
Fairie

Postby Dolly » Tue Aug 02, 2005 4:26 pm

Ha ha good idea Fairie, I'll have to flip though a few old magazines to see if I can find a photo of Megan Gale, I'm sure she won't mind if I borrow her body.

Dolly
Dolly

Postby Dolly » Wed Aug 10, 2005 1:47 pm

Diet Tip
To make a delicious low fat mayonnaise simply combine one teaspoon Dijon mustard or one teaspoon satay sauce with a low fat yoghurt.

Dolly
Last edited by Dolly on Thu Nov 24, 2005 1:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dolly

Postby Summer » Wed Sep 21, 2005 4:25 pm

When you get a sweet tooth, go brush your teeth. Once I heard of someone saying that they did squats while they brushed their teeth. Then, they'd brush their teeth after they ate something, so when they got a craving they were less likely to give in thinking about all those squats they'd have to do. :lol:
Summer

Postby Fairie » Wed Sep 21, 2005 4:33 pm

I'm glad I have very few sweet cravings :D
-Fay-

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wSDGUdx/]
[/url]
Fairie

Postby feeling fat » Sat Sep 24, 2005 2:32 pm

does anyone have any tips on how i can avoid bad foods when they're staring me in the face???
feeling fat

Postby Dolly » Sat Sep 24, 2005 4:10 pm

Hi Feeling Fat, I know exactly how you feel, the way I delt with a similar problem when my teen/adult kids and their friends marched into the house and left their tempting sweet, fat or salty snacks everywhere, was to buy plastic containers and gather up all the offending foods and place them in their rooms.
I tried to get back my power in the house (which wasn't easy as over the years they treated me as a friend not a respected parent) I said it's fine you have all these foods but you have to keep them in your rooms and don't offer them to me or eat them near me.

I told my husband to keep all the chocolate and biscuits he bought locked in his car and if he wanted to eat them fine, but not in my sight.
I never buy cakes or buns with icing anymore. The only time I make a cake is when a visitor is coming over and by the time they leave most (if not all of it) is gone. I also only buy plain biscuits that I know I don't like (incase we have surprise visitors)
Last edited by Dolly on Fri Oct 07, 2005 10:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dolly

Postby Fairie » Sat Sep 24, 2005 7:58 pm

Hi Feeling Fat,

The only way I could stop eating chips or biscuits or Icecreams and everything else was not to by them. If I don't have them in the house I can't eat them. I told Gerry if he wanted anything like that he had to go and buy them himself and eat them before he got home.
-Fay-

[/url]
Fairie

diet tips

Postby Evelyn » Fri Oct 07, 2005 9:52 am

:lol: Good morning to you all. I have just read all those tips that will help me on my way to a thinner me. WOW good timing as today is my first day to start my exercise (walking) program. I am feeling motivated today well so far anyway and after all it is only 9.30am. I have been so depressed over this body (that I really don't think is mine) cause it wont fit into my clothes. LOL but thanks to all of you and the tips I'm about to embark on a journey that will change my life. Yippee thanks ladies.
warmest regards,
Evelyn.
Evelyn

Postby Fairie » Fri Oct 07, 2005 10:52 am

Good Morning Evelyn, I hope you enjoy your walk and you will be fitting into your clothes again real soon. :D
-Fay-

[/url]
Fairie

Postby Dolly » Fri Oct 07, 2005 3:14 pm

Funny Diet Tips

*Success is when you can look beyond food...and look down and see your feet.
*To make your hips and thighs look slim on the beach, dig two tunnels under your thighs and
make a small dent in the sand for your bottom. Place your towel over the top and sit in the dug
out area. Hey presto, no bulging thighs and hips.
*Always stand 3/4 on for photographs ..... really slimming
*Stand next to a person fatter than you whenever possible and never ever befriend a real skinny!!!
*Always eat in private, if people never see you eat, they'll believe you when you say you have a thyroid problem
*If you have a problem with eating too much in the evenings, go to bed at 7.30 pm every night and ask your
partner to hand cuff you to the bed, you never know, you may solve two problems in one, by spicing up your censored life at the same time ;)
*If you do know someone who's naturally skinny, have them come and live with you for two
weeks and eat exactly what they eat at exactly the same times. You are guaranteed to lose weight!
*Con your friends into thinking how good you're looking lately ..... study and memorize your most
flattering pose in a mirror and ensure when anyone sees you, you strike the pose..... note, this only works
if you then don't move again until they've left the room.
*Cross your legs at your ankles. Your thighs and calves will look slimmer.
*Get a tan. A tan helps you look thinner
*Whenever a friend calls round, tell them you're on your way to the gym, word will get round
about how fit and healthy you are.... and you may even feel it necessary to prove it once in a while
*100 laughs a day is equal to 10 minutes of exercise!
Now can it get any easier than that?
Dolly

funny diet tips

Postby angelsforme » Fri Oct 07, 2005 4:33 pm

:lol: What a lot of good ideas dolly, I would never of thought of them in a thousand years. LOL and a good laugh as well as the tips. Keep em coming I just love it.
Well today was my first day of getting out of the house and going for a walk. I walked with my daughter and the twins aged 22months, of course they got the stroller which I didn't think was really fair they could of shared it with me because we had a great big long walk to much for my first time but feel better for it. Hope I can keep it up.
regards
Evelyn
angelsforme

oops

Postby Evelyn » Fri Oct 07, 2005 4:40 pm

:oops: forgot to sign in so my name is guest in previous post. Oh well that walk must have done something to me..LOL
Evelyn

Postby Fairie » Sat Oct 08, 2005 9:58 am

Well Done Evelyn, once you get a routine happening it will be easier.

I seem to have lost my routine over the winter months, :wink: must get started again. :D
-Fay-

[/url]
Fairie

Next

Return to Home Grown Tips