It is currently Tue Sep 27, 2016 11:06 pm

Free Newsletter

Diet Tips

Share your weight loss tips here

Moderator: Moderators

Postby The Blimp! » Wed Dec 27, 2006 5:17 pm

Hi all

My tip for not eating junk food is to shop online. I plan a week's meal plan in advance, including snacks. That way, I don't have to walk past aisles of chips, lollies and soft drinks. And I only have food in my house that is on my list of "allowed to eat".

In Adelaide we have a company called bananablue that delivers. In the Eastern states they have Coles and Woollies online. I am not sure about the other states though.

PS Feeling Fat, I don't know if you are allowed to do tip no. 2 now, with all the water restrictions!

Kate
The Blimp!

Postby kate_turner2000 » Wed Dec 27, 2006 7:02 pm

lol would love to shop online unfortunately its like 45 bucks to deliver :S bugger that!! we only shop grocery wise monthly because my partner gets paid monthly but after a few shopping trips you get used to walking past the nasties :S
kate_turner2000

Postby Ally » Wed Dec 27, 2006 9:17 pm

:shock: geez Kate they know how to sting.....that is incredible!! We don't have online shopping up here where we are, so it is a case of training yourself to walk straight past the aisle or if I have to go down there I just keep my eyes straight ahead!!!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wGLHYSm/]
[/url]
Ally

Postby kate_turner2000 » Thu Dec 28, 2006 7:09 am

hi ally
you are right it is training yourself and its possible!
kate_turner2000

Postby The Blimp! » Thu Dec 28, 2006 7:14 am

$45!!!!! I only get charged $8!! Glad I live in Adelaide.

I guess the good thing is that they keep all the junk food in one or two aisles so you just have to avoid those and then not look left or right while standing at the checkout!

It seems you have got better willpower than me!

Kate
The Blimp!

Postby Ally » Thu Dec 28, 2006 7:26 am

Geez that is a big difference in pricing isn't it?? When you get your order Kate, is it always fresh?? Can you order fruits and veges and meats through the online shopping?? Don't mind me just being nosey!! :wink:

I think it also comes down to knowing that when you eat that choccie bar or lollies or takeaways that you are going to feel sluggish....I don't feel guilty anymore when I have a treat, but I feel sick more than anything....the crap foods just aren't tasting good to me anymore. I find my tastebuds are more for fruits and veges and lean meats and stuff. I can quite happily walk past the aisles now without having to buy something (I was always buying blocks of chocolate and lollies every week in my trolley!!!).
[/url]
Ally

Postby The Blimp! » Thu Dec 28, 2006 7:53 am

Ally, my delivery company is excellent. The fruit & veg and meat is excellent - actually better than at the supermarket because it doesn't get picked over by other customers! 8)

I have a friend who moved here from Melbourne and she has started using the one I use and said it is much better than Coles online over there, but why not give it a go if you have a service? If you like it, stick with it. If not, go back to the supermarket.

I wouldn't pay $45 though!!!! As I said I only pay $8, which I well and truly save because I don't impulse buy!

I agree with you on the choccy thing - every now and again I have a mini mars bar because I think it is what I want but even that size is sickly - makes life easier, huh?
The Blimp!

Postby Ally » Thu Dec 28, 2006 7:58 am

Unfortunately we don't have an online shopping service for up here or I would give it a go...it sounds great!! I guess that is one of the downfalls of living away from a capital city, but the thought of living in or around Brisbane makes me shudder!!! LOL

Yeah the mini bars are great as you can still have the chocs you love with out the massive fat and cal content!!
[/url]
Ally

Postby hushpuppy » Thu Dec 28, 2006 10:47 am

We dont either ally which is a bummer causeit sounds great and would stop the stress of shopping with a 3 year old
Jules
[url=http://www..com]Image[blinkiebee/url]
SW 107kg
CW 99.8kg
GW 65kg
hushpuppy

Postby spaffy » Sat Aug 25, 2007 8:21 pm

ahhh my friends and partner are all junk-food-aholics!!!! i know that it is my choice to eat their tasty but naughty snacks and most of the time i have will power but boy oh boy does it take some will power... as one of the girls said nothing tastes as good and feeling thin does!! i am attempting to keep that mantra in my head as we go to a buffett tonight for a friends birthday.. there is some major hical crappy food there... wish me luck

spaffy
spaffy

Re: Diet Tips

Postby DixMay06 » Thu May 07, 2009 1:30 am

I think my diet tips are, don't drink to much cola just water... and low calorie beer would be... and don't eat more rice... :)

Last edited by Mandie on Thu May 07, 2009 8:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Advertising in signature removed.
DixMay06

Previous

Return to Home Grown Tips