It is currently Mon Sep 26, 2016 9:31 am

Free Newsletter

Indulge without inviting fat

Share your weight loss tips here

Moderator: Moderators

Indulge without inviting fat

Postby CUZZY26 » Fri Aug 15, 2008 8:49 pm

I've been doing this for a few years and iv'e picked up a tip or 2....
For starters if you like doughnuts but like me know that for each one you are actually eating 10 grams of fat then try cinnamon toast....lightly spray olive oil (not butter) then sprinkle cinnammon sugar...There you have it 2 pieces at only 2 grams !!

If you are a chocaholic like me, try this today ...Cocoa has more antioxidants then any other food...Antioxidants need to reach the skin to have proper anti aging effects. Coupled with sugar throughout the day the effects will be much less...SO add a tablespoon of cocoa and a sugarfree sugar enhancer tablet together with boiling water and skim milk and there you have a chocolate drink that will do wonders for your skin. while you watch the weight melt away.Having a salad? i make my own fat free dressing using mustard...also parmessan cheese on everything in place of fatty chesse will be good too. parmessan is super tasty so you use less and its already low fat.
CUZZY26

Re: Indulge without inviting fat

Postby CUZZY26 » Sat Aug 16, 2008 3:08 am

A tip on exercise for those of you who pretty much hate it...
Wear all day everyday leg weights. You won't notice they're on until you take them off at night. (float around on a cloud time - I call it)
Excellent if you really don't have time or are getting back into exercise. No motivation required ! They're cheap too. :D
If anyone has any quick fixes for arms and tummy it'd be great...?
CUZZY26

Postby CUZZY26 » Sat Aug 16, 2008 3:24 am

I'm still up reading everyones post...2 in the morning...going to bed now but before I do, last tip before I check in again and weigh myself.
Opting for a high protein and low carb diet means you will lose weight, have more long term energy and feel less bloated.
Things that have worked for me are:
[b]~Seafood salad flakes...very high protein, little to no fat and ready made to snack on
~Lowest fat ham and chicken and turkey breast meat. Honey ham has the least amount of salt of all the hams.
CUZZY26

Postby CUZZY26 » Sat Aug 16, 2008 3:33 am

Great for the whole family.....
When browning and cooking some meats you don't always have to use oil.
For intance I just made soup the other day and my mother said brown in water...I did it and there really was no difference in the taste. Same goes for mice in spaghetti and meatballs....Actually if you boil regular mince you can scoop off the fat that rises to the surface.

Does anyone have cooking tips that will help me....Its not that I don't like the plateau my weight is on...I'm just ready for the next stage in weight loss
CUZZY26

Postby carinna » Sun Aug 17, 2008 9:09 am

CUZZY26 wrote:i make my own fat free dressing using mustard....

Do you mind sharing your recipe for this dressing? I love mustard! Thanks!
*Check out my BEFORE and AFTER pics*:
http://www.carinna.wordpress.com
**Comments are always welcome!**
carinna

Postby CUZZY26 » Wed Aug 20, 2008 1:46 am

I know its ok to add a little oil and salt and pepper but if you really don't add anything and you say you like mustard than just watering it down so it lightly coats the lettuce for taste, also instead of 'fatty' cheese I use parmessan. Its not as sick as it sounds. Its full of flavour to me and it works. My friend when she needs a quick fix...wraps tuna (the brine kind) in a lettuce leaf and eats them like rolls. She sweras by that.

I love the before and after photos you guys have going on your link. Congrats! Was that long ago? Do you both still look that good?
CUZZY26

Postby Shalimar » Fri Aug 22, 2008 2:45 pm

Hey Cuzzy, where did you get your arm/leg weights from and how much approx. where they?
Thanks, Sue.

SW: 175.0 kgs.
CW: 62 kgs-Hit goal 12 September 2009.
Shalimar

Postby Strawberry » Fri Aug 22, 2008 3:45 pm

Shalimar wrote:Hey Cuzzy, where did you get your arm/leg weights from and how much approx. where they?
Thanks, Sue.

sue i've seen them sold in kmart & priceline they're not that price around the $10-20 mark
Strawberry

Postby Shalimar » Fri Aug 22, 2008 5:25 pm

Thank Strawberry, mum and I were heading up to Kmart on Monday hoping that we would find them. It looks like we are heading in the right direction. Thanks again :D .

Shalimar

Postby carinna » Sat Aug 23, 2008 1:32 am

Thanks for the recipe. And thanks for the compliment on my (our) pics. Yes, in fact I just updated it a few days ago. I'm very happy with our progress. :lol:
*Check out my BEFORE and AFTER pics*:
http://www.carinna.wordpress.com
**Comments are always welcome!**
carinna

Postby CUZZY26 » Mon Aug 25, 2008 11:28 pm

This weeks aldi catalogue has them at $7 and $10. I had to pay more when they were hard to find a few years back but isnt that how it is? I hope more people do use them not just when exercising but they hide well under slacks at work and shopping etc..
CUZZY26

Postby Shalimar » Tue Aug 26, 2008 12:29 pm

We got some from Kmart yesterday Cuzzy, Strawberry (thanks) pointed me in the right direction.

We don't have an Aldi here.

Shalimar

Postby AbelAbbot » Thu Oct 20, 2011 9:10 pm

Our weight is a balancing act but the equation is simple, If we eat more calories than we burn then we gain weight. If we eat fewer calories than we burn, we lose weight. We can lose weight without feeling miserable. By making smart choices every day we can develop new eating habits and preferences that will leave us feeling satisfied.
AbelAbbot

Postby sunshine88 » Wed May 09, 2012 2:02 am

I am really glad that I found this forum. The tips that i've read really inspires me.
:D
sunshine88

Return to Home Grown Tips