It is currently Thu Dec 08, 2016 8:53 pm

Free Newsletter

cold weather snack

Share your weight loss tips here

Moderator: Moderators

cold weather snack

Postby Fireball » Mon Apr 27, 2009 12:56 pm

Each week all the left over vegetables purchased the week before go into the pot and make a soup, that includes salad foods such as lettuce. Add what is needed to make it tasty and vary contents so the flavour is different each week eg. add beans, barley, chilli, curry etc. so it doesnt get boring. Sometimes make it extra chunky or extra fine or vitamise for a creamy texture & it tases different. After a few days I sometimes add different ingredients for variety but nothing too much work.

Put it in a big open container in the fridge in full view when the door is open and make sure the soup ladle and soup bowl/cup is handy. This really helps control snacking and is great to warm you up in the cold weather. In warmer weather serve chilled soups.

In our house there is never any left over and it keeps your store of vegetables fresh. We often take some to work for lunch. Its' great for those times when your rushed off your feet or get home from work late and would start picking while your dinner cooks...

"Unknowingly, we plow the dust of the stars, blown about us by the wind, and drink the universe in a glass of rain."
Ihab Hassan
Fireball

Re: cold weather snack

Postby Shalimar » Mon Apr 27, 2009 1:32 pm

That's a great idea Fireball, especially at the moment as I have this thing about food wastage, it's my current gripe :evil: .

SW: 175.0 kgs.
CW: 62 kgs-Hit goal 12 September 2009.
Shalimar

Re: cold weather snack

Postby Czarina » Mon Apr 27, 2009 2:06 pm

Brilliant idea, Fireball! I've been using my leftover veggies to make veggie stock that can be used in soups, casseroles, etc...it's great for avoiding wastage and is also much better in the sodium stakes!
Czarina

Return to Home Grown Tips