It is currently Wed Dec 07, 2016 11:30 pm

Free Newsletter

The Joy of Giving...

Share your weight loss tips here

Moderator: Moderators

The Joy of Giving...

Postby KimE » Wed Sep 27, 2006 8:06 pm

Well at the weekend I got some chocolate lamington fingers as part of the dessert I made for my Saturday night treat. These things come in packets of 18 or so and I used about 4. So there I was left with lots of these yummy little cakes, just sitting innocently in the cupboard, screaming for me to eat them. I eventually gave in and had one on Tuesday. Did pretty well considering but didn't want to go through back and forth should I or shouldn't I. I love these things so of course as a good wife does :lol: I encouraged my hubby to eat them instead. Turns out he is not keen on them! What the... They were still very fresh having been in an air tight container so I decided they had to either go in the rubbish or go to a good home. I work in an office and if anyone else does you will know how quickly the hordes will descend on free food. So here is my tip if you have naughty foods you want to get rid of and have a willing body of people available. Note this does not have to be an office situation any gathering of people will do.

- take said food into workplace
- calmly and clearly announce there is free food available and give the location
- step back out of the way for your own safety
- watch the vultures descend
- when dust clears you should now see an empty plate with any luck it will be clean enough not to wash :lol:
Kim - To thine own self be true
Maintainence since 04/11/06
Preferred Weight - Under 60 kgs
Current Weight - 64.8 kgs
Start Weight - 85 kgs
KimE

Postby Ally » Wed Sep 27, 2006 9:42 pm

Excellent idea Kim....love the visual on the pack of vultures decending!! LOL. :shock: Hope the plate is clean from all the food going and not some grub licking all the coconut off the plate!! hahahha :P
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wGLHYSm/]
[/url]
Ally

Postby Garfield » Wed Sep 27, 2006 9:44 pm

Good one Kim. I live in university accommodation, so I can imagine if I'm ever in that situation... there are 25 starving uni students on my floor, so I can imagine how that would go down :lol:
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
[/url]
Garfield

Postby kate_turner2000 » Thu Sep 28, 2006 7:49 am

great idea kim!! i used to work in a club which was quite a big establishment and the amount of foods etc sitting in the staffroom on my breaks and starting and finishing work was amazing. everything from the kitchen like pastries and soups and fresh bread rolls, sandwiches and even krispy kreme donuts. lets jsut say its doesnt last long!! good idea :)
kate_turner2000

Postby Dolly » Thu Sep 28, 2006 9:00 am

Great idea. I often quickly toss out expensive left overs to the dogs if I know I'm gonna cave in.
My husband is one of those guys that can nibble on an easter egg or a box of chocolates every 3 days or so. I'm happiest (and most successful with my dieting) when the temptation is out of the house, I cannot rest until it's gone.
Dolly

Postby SarahC » Wed Oct 11, 2006 3:08 pm

Great idea Kim. This will definitely work in my workplace! I could probably skip the second step.... just leave it in the coffee area, and it would disappear for sure. I wouldn't have to say anything :lol:

It would only work though if the food were exceptionally yummy. Dried fruits and nuts (my weakness at the moment!) would most likely sit there and rot... and I'm sure no-one would be interested in the bag of out-of-date soy chocolate that I have in my drawer! Last year someone left a bowl of little plums, which were quite nice actually, but it took about three weeks for them to go! Lamingtons would be lucky to last 5 minutes :wink:
SarahC

Postby Butterfly_Dawn » Sun Oct 15, 2006 6:32 am

When we bought the house the real estate agent gave us a box of chocolates (no not a box of roses, one of those gift boxes full of chocolate blocks and lollies), and I took a couple of packets in to work and stuck a sign on the bowl with "eat me...please!"

They were gone by end of day.
35kg lost. (November 2005 - October 2006)
15kg gained again (as at October 2010).
Back to the drawing board - Let's do this thing!

"You can't change the winds, but you can change the sails"

"Reach out and take control of what lands in your lap"

Butterfly_Dawn

Postby Ally » Sun Oct 15, 2006 8:35 am

Good on you Tegan!!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wGLHYSm/]
[/url]
Ally

Return to Home Grown Tips