Well at the weekend I got some chocolate lamington fingers as part of the dessert I made for my Saturday night treat. These things come in packets of 18 or so and I used about 4. So there I was left with lots of these yummy little cakes, just sitting innocently in the cupboard, screaming for me to eat them. I eventually gave in and had one on Tuesday. Did pretty well considering but didn't want to go through back and forth should I or shouldn't I. I love these things so of course as a good wife does
I encouraged my hubby to eat them instead. Turns out he is not keen on them! What the... They were still very fresh having been in an air tight container so I decided they had to either go in the rubbish or go to a good home. I work in an office and if anyone else does you will know how quickly the hordes will descend on free food. So here is my tip if you have naughty foods you want to get rid of and have a willing body of people available. Note this does not have to be an office situation any gathering of people will do.
- take said food into workplace
- calmly and clearly announce there is free food available and give the location
- step back out of the way for your own safety
- watch the vultures descend
- when dust clears you should now see an empty plate with any luck it will be clean enough not to wash