It is currently Thu Dec 08, 2016 4:59 pm

Free Newsletter

2 motivation tips I haven't seen elsewhere on the web

Share your weight loss tips here

Moderator: Moderators

2 motivation tips I haven't seen elsewhere on the web

Postby Sanov22 » Wed Sep 01, 2010 3:04 pm

OK the first one is probably out there *somewhere* on the internet, but anyway...

1. I find that after I watch a sports-related movie (a good one, particularly if it has a good training montage!) I'm much more motivated to exercise and get fit. Particular favourites are the Rocky series, which have the best training montages EVER. Also some of the dancing movies have made me feel like moving around. Pick a sport you could see yourself doing as exercise and find a movie about it.

2. (Pretty sure this one is mine!) well you have to be a little bit computer/excel capable for this one... but it's easy enough to learn. So, open up Excel, and in one column, put today's date and then the dates of future weigh-ins. Start the next four columns with your current weight. The first one is for recording your actual weight... I do it daily but it would still work if you only weighed in every week. In the second column, decrease the values at the absolute minimum rate you want to lose weight at (mine is 0.1kg/day, or 700g/week). In the third column, decrease the values at a fairly optimistic (but still reasonable) rate (I'm using 0.2kg/day, or 1.4kg/week). In the fourth column take the average of the values in the second and third colunms. Then make a graph! There will be 3 different lines for the "minimum", "average" and "good" weight loss lines, and as you enter more of yor actual weights, the fourth line will grow and you can see where you are sitting with respect to the others. You can chose different colours for the 4 different lines, - I chose red for the "minimum" line, orange for the "average" line, green for the "good" line and black for the "actual" line. It's fun to have this kind of visual aid to your progress I think... I'm always telling myself now "I need to stay under the red line", or "I want to catch up to that orange line"

Hope you enjoy... if anyone wants to try #2 and needs some help with Excel I'm happy to explain in more detail
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wzWjG1y/]
[/url]
Sanov22

Re: 2 motivation tips I haven't seen elsewhere on the web

Postby jennywilliamson » Thu Dec 09, 2010 1:25 am

Incredible!

In all the years that I have searched for weight loss motivational techniques online, i have never come across these before! Not only are they unique, but they also make a ton of sense.

Cheers to you for sharing these!

:D
jennywilliamson

Postby brendan » Thu Dec 09, 2010 7:22 am

I have been using a lo-tech variant on tip 2.

A couple of week after I starting losing weight I drew up a graph (dates on X-axis, weight on Y-axis) first of all estimating what my goal weight should be and calculating when I could reasonably expect to attain it (at a kilo a week) I drew a line between the current weight and goal weight and labelled it as the target slope. After a few more weeks of plotting actual weights on a weekly basis I discovered I was losing weight at more than twice the rate of the expected loss, so I drew a line from the start weight to the then current weight and extrapolated till it crossed the goal weight - labelling it Best Slope (finding that the goal weight would be attained at that rate some months earlier than first thought) Of course it is highly unlikely that the current weight loss rate can be sustained for the whole plan, but I figure that the actual weight/date will lie somewhere between the two lines. So far it has been very close to the Best Slope :D
I also do a graph for each month, taking readings on a daily basis, and even though the line goes up and down a bit during the month, overall I pretty well follow the Best Slope.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w4Q56PK/]
[/url]

End of March - 119kg - 118.7 - made it!

End of April - 115kg
End of May - 111kg
End of June - 107kg
End of July - 103kg
End of August - 99kg
End of September - 95kg
End of October - 91kg
End of year - 81kg TARGET WEIGHT - Optimistic
brendan

Postby baseter » Sun Jan 23, 2011 2:10 am

I really like the Excel tip and I think it is unique. It is first time i read something like this. It will make you want to always reach the maximum value and to eat less. It is very motivational .
baseter

Postby waterbaby » Wed May 25, 2011 2:07 pm

love it! love excell. gonna try it out!
thanks for the tip!
Rachel - mama of 2 boys (DS7 & 2)
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wVRereJ/]
[/url]
SW 104kg
CW 97.5kg
Goal Weight: 65-68 kg
Working hard now! No room in my life now for half-hearted attempts!
waterbaby

Postby kaithsandy » Wed Jul 13, 2011 3:47 pm

I never found such tips before. It's really motivational. Thanks for sharing will definitely try.
kaithsandy

Postby conanedo » Sun Aug 21, 2011 2:33 pm

already read tips number 2 at tim ferris book 4 hour body, never tried but if that really works for you, i think i should try, thanks friend :D
Last edited by CronicBadger on Thu Aug 25, 2011 7:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed commercial link.
conanedo

Postby markleach1 » Sat Oct 15, 2011 11:48 pm

Hey man

I like these... thank you.

Mark
markleach1

Return to Home Grown Tips