It is currently Tue Sep 27, 2016 9:27 am

Free Newsletter

Love to Read . . then let me recomment!

Share your weight loss tips here

Moderator: Moderators

Love to Read . . then let me recomment!

Postby FatTactic » Wed Dec 01, 2010 5:14 am

I love books, I find them a fantastic source of daily inspiration (I am what I read) I have two books that I can say have changed my weight loss journey.
David Kessler "An End To Overeating" An informative insightful book into what happens to us from the neuroscience point of view and the food industry of today and its growing contribution to obesity. Great for the Rationalists like myself that just love to know why?
Geneen Roth "Woman Food and God" Geneen Roth’s “Woman Food and God” gets to the underlying nature of the weighty problem of weight. The underlying pain, beliefs, convictions held deep within us that have us so afraid we abuse ourselves with food because why? Because my friends we are operating on the BS belief that we are too small to handle a pain that we were too small to handle at the time it came about.
However we are grown up now and we aren’t too small and by turning towards that pain in a state of kindness (not crappy judgement), we get to feel the miracle we forgot -grown ups can do what little people can’t, we can be our own hero and take on the monster that lies unnecessarily within.

Warm Regards
Anne
[Advertising link removed]
Last edited by EvilWombatQueen on Sun Dec 05, 2010 12:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Advertising link removed. Please do not use this forum to promote products or services.
FatTactic

Re: Love to Read . . then let me recomment!

Postby Shay » Wed Dec 01, 2010 6:06 am

Just letting you know we crack down on links and spamming ;)
Had my baby girl Leah on 13/12/10!

Weight at 40 weeks: 81.5kg
SW 4 days post-baby: 74.4kg
CW: 67kg

1st mini goal: 72kg - DONE!
2nd mini goal: 70kg - DONE!
3rd mini goal: 67kg - DONE!

4th mini goal: 64kg
Shay

Return to Home Grown Tips