It is currently Sun Dec 11, 2016 7:04 pm

Free Newsletter

40 day fast made me lose weight

Share your weight loss tips here

Moderator: Moderators

40 day fast made me lose weight

Postby Phat-Beth » Wed Aug 31, 2011 5:22 am

One lady introduced to miracle diet in a ladies meeting she told us to consider the 40day fast at the beginning of the year which was a good cleanser and promise of lose of weight. All you can do is to access the site 40day.com or you can google its based on the origin of Eden with eating foods in their original form. Let me say that this was not easy to agree upon, the five of us and we all agreed that we needed to start a fresh new year and cleanse our system. The rule was to steam all foods and if possible to eat raw foods, no processing, no dairy products, no frying, baking or roasting, no sugar, no salt but you may use fresh garlic or other herbs. . :?:

I can see the shock on your face, that was the expression on ours we needed to look for variety of foods that we were used to but this time round to do the unexpected, follow the above rules steaming and use coconut oil room temperature without frying. Very tasteless food the first week but after a while i got used. The other thing was blending fruits making a smoothie e.g. banana, mango, apple no milk but add a little water. (Very good for breakfast and would accompany it with steamed arrow roots or sweet potatoes)

NB: Allowed too is raw cashew nuts they are very good source of protein but eat sparingly.
Lots of water consumption 2-3 litres.

Did I finish the 40day fast, the answer is no i reached day 21 but i tried i lost 5-10kgs within that time. None of my friends reached where i reached so am proud of myself that apart from the diet there were 7 deadly sins that these program coaches to keep off.

This is my experience i know there many fad diets that are promising quick fixes what i advice is to be careful and research, seek medical advice before beginning. :P
Last edited by CronicBadger on Wed Sep 07, 2011 12:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed sig advertisement.
Phat-Beth

Return to Home Grown Tips