It is currently Mon Dec 05, 2016 9:26 am

Free Newsletter

Don't Drink Water With Your Meals?

Share your weight loss tips here

Moderator: Moderators

Don't Drink Water With Your Meals?

Postby Dameet » Mon Oct 24, 2011 1:00 pm

So as I was learning about enzymes and realized that when consumption of water dilutes the enzyme concentration MEANING...Less breakdown of food.
After more research I learned that quicker fat loss will result from:

Drinking Water After the Meal not DURING because your food will bread down more efficiently, which will RESULT in, quicker fat loss and getting the most out of your food.

So remember, Eat THEN drink water AFTER your meal to Increase Fat Loss!

Try it out, I'm sure you'll reap the benefits in the long run :)

Cheers,
Dmitro
No matter HOW slow you're moving, you'll ALWAYS be lapping the ones on the couch...
Dameet

Re: Don't Drink Water With Your Meals?

Postby chevbrock » Wed Oct 26, 2011 1:08 pm

I would like to know where you found this. Everything I read says the opposite!
chevbrock

Postby Dameet » Wed Oct 26, 2011 6:06 pm

I don't have any proof on paper as I learned this from my professor in University, but if I'm wrong I apologize. It makes sense to me, logically enzyme dilution would mean lower concentration of enzymes therefor lesser breakdown of food. That IS logical thinking, but science is a bit tricky and sometimes simple logic doesn't settle. Please, if you have info, do share :)
No matter HOW slow you're moving, you'll ALWAYS be lapping the ones on the couch...
Dameet

Postby chevbrock » Wed Jan 25, 2012 4:10 pm

To my knowledge, enzymes aren't in the stomach, therefore I don't see the amount of water you drink with your food would have any impact on enzyme production. If any, it would be very minimal.
chevbrock

Postby SydneyPT » Sat Jul 21, 2012 1:42 pm

There is no evidence of this. I drink water with my foods, especially if a food source is dry.

My dad recently said to me: "Don't drink water with raw sushi fish because harmful bacteria will grow and you will end up sick." I am still waiting to be sick.
Check out my Facebook page- Insanely Fit Personal Training
SydneyPT

Postby RainbowGirl » Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:38 pm

I've heard a similar thing about drinking water before your meal too. Especially a lot of water to try and eat less.
*shrug* I've never seen any actual proof of water consumption timing & food intake for weight loss.
RainbowGirl

Postby jemimah » Tue Feb 26, 2013 8:23 pm

Drinking more water detoxifies the body and also helps in reducing weight. So if you are in planned diet, than try to have more water which is 10 to 12 glasses minimum. I always prefer water after meal, as it makes the food easy to digest.
jemimah

Postby fortyfour » Sat Mar 23, 2013 10:20 pm

"Drinking Water After the Meal not DURING because your food will bread down more efficiently, which will RESULT in, quicker fat loss and getting the most out of your food."

There's nothing logical here. firstly, diluted enzymes does not mean that your digestion is more efficient. More efficient how?

Are you saying that if the food in your stomach breaks down faster that you will lose fat quicker? How do you explain that. It is not digestion that burns off fat its your metabolism and energy expenditure.
"
Height - 165cm
Starting weight - 7 March 2013 - 83.6kg
weight - 21 March 2013 - 79.8kg
latest weight - 28 July 2013 - 77kg
fortyfour

Return to Home Grown Tips