It is currently Mon Dec 05, 2016 9:30 pm

Free Newsletter

hot low cal drink in place of coffee/tea

Share your weight loss tips here

Moderator: Moderators

hot low cal drink in place of coffee/tea

Postby fortyfour » Sat Mar 23, 2013 2:38 am

I don't like decaf anything so i don't even go there. I do like coffee and tea but sometimes I feel like i've had enough for one day or its late at night.

I've just discovered that i like hot water with a dash of milk - The coffee to have when you don't need a coffee.

The other good thing about it is that its hydrating. Its got that nice milky flavour and i use full cream milk. And the calories are still low. Its a lot better than a full cup of milk. And it gives me something to put in my mouth at least.

Some people i know like plain hot water. And they are not even on a diet.

And milk is good for you.
Height - 165cm
Starting weight - 7 March 2013 - 83.6kg
weight - 21 March 2013 - 79.8kg
latest weight - 28 July 2013 - 77kg
fortyfour

Re: hot low cal drink in place of coffee/tea

Postby Blitz » Mon Mar 25, 2013 7:34 pm

I don't think one or two cups a day are going to destroy you. I think that if you were knock off ten or twenty cups a day then it's another question. :shock: Again it really is about the amount rather than what it is. The caffiene content in a few cups don't amount to a hill of beans (to paraphase Bogart). :lol: My wife insists on having skim milk in her cappuccino. The amount of difference between regular and skim is very small. It seems hardly worth the effort to be so petty.

Milk is good for you (hot water for a cuppa what's that about?). A glass full of milk is very good for you. Osteoporosis is something that should be avoided at all costs.

Kim
Was: 153.7kg
Lost: 87kg
Now: keeping it off for life!
Blitz

Re: hot low cal drink in place of coffee/tea

Postby fortyfour » Mon Mar 25, 2013 11:49 pm

Yes well i'm not talking about moderation. I am talking about a person who drinks upwards of six cups of coffee a day perhaps,or at least more than they would like to drink. Its just an option to try. I hadn't thought of it before so i put it out there as an idea for others in case they want to try it.

What's hot water about? Some people don't like tea and coffee. Hot water is warming. A hot drink makes you feel good it doesn't matter if its water. In india many people drink a glass of hot water with their meals believing it aids digestion. I don't know whether that's true but they like it.

I would think there is a big difference between full cream milk and skim milk in both calories and taste. I prefer full cream milk but in the last number of months i have consumed an unbelievable amount of full cream dairy product that i am probably over saturated with saturated fats and i am sure a lot of it must have settled in my blood vessels.

but i don't mind having low fat milk on my cereal. Adn i don't mind drinking a glass full of it but i detest it in my coffee or tea.

Its all about personal preference here.
Height - 165cm
Starting weight - 7 March 2013 - 83.6kg
weight - 21 March 2013 - 79.8kg
latest weight - 28 July 2013 - 77kg
fortyfour

Return to Home Grown Tips