It is currently Thu Oct 27, 2016 4:01 pm

Free Newsletter

Share your weight loss tips here

Moderator: Moderators

Postby *KaTe* » Sat Mar 31, 2007 11:54 pm

[/b]When I first started loosing weight I went on a low carb diet- but I did have the Empower foods Bread mix, is really yummy and only 2 g carbs per serve! Would definately reccomend it! Even though I can eat normal bread now I still love to have it, is full of protein and is reallllly yum!

Now I love wholemeal anything- after a year of not having white bread I tried it months ago and it tasted like nothing!! Ha ha, so definately love the brown bread etc, so much tastier! :D

Postby kate_turner2000 » Sun Apr 01, 2007 8:46 am

I think thats the bread sarah makes- it always sounds so good!

Postby smileyguy » Thu Apr 05, 2007 11:20 pm

Man I haven't touched bread for about 3 months!!! Been working for me. I don't have anything against bread, but it's just too many kilojoules for a weight loss diet, for me anyway. I do have one or two kebabs with 1/4 of the meat once or twice a week though. Carries about 1/4 of my daily kj allowance.

Postby 1402100 » Sun May 06, 2007 10:56 pm

Donk wrote:Since cutting down on what I eat for dinner, I have plenty of leftovers now and barely have sandwiches for lunch anymore, so bread is not really in my diet. BUt I used to eat white all of the time, now I'll eat nothing but brown or wholegrain bread.

omg how long have you been looseing weight for, your almost done doing wat im starting doing

Postby Melissa » Wed Jul 04, 2007 4:35 pm

I find it really hard not to eat white bread because I don't really like any of the other breads! Does anyone know if Pita bread is okay to eat or are their still alot of carbs?

Postby bit_o_dust » Thu Jul 05, 2007 2:07 am

I'm new to the weight-loss world and just have a question about bread. So I've gathered that white bread is bad for those wanting to lost bread, but between multigrain and wholemeal, which is better?

Postby Ally » Thu Jul 05, 2007 10:38 am

white bread basically has little nutritional value.....take a piece of white bread and squeeze it your hand and see what happens to it!! Having said that there are now some "fibre enhanced" white breads on the market, but I generally try to avoid it as white bread seems to stick to my insides (never feel like it has gone down properly) and makes me bloat...

Grain breads are higher in fibre (some) than wholemeal and help to fill you up longer.....there has been some debate over the years that wholemeal is better for you as the grains just pass straight through your system, but I only eat the soft grain or the rye bread so I don't find this to be a problem. :D

as a matter of a side issue with wholemeal bread (nothing to do with if it is "good" for you or not). I found that after my gall bladder op, I could not and still can not eat wholemeal bread with out it repeating on me and giving me terrible indegestion......

Postby Fireball » Sat Jul 07, 2007 2:19 am

The grains pass right through because most people don't chew their food enough - you need to crush the outer husk of the grain. BTW You can get bread which is wholemeal & multigrains. If you dont have any white bread for a while you will get used to the change. :)

"Unknowingly, we plow the dust of the stars, blown about us by the wind, and drink the universe in a glass of rain."
Ihab Hassan

Postby Suminoya Buffet » Wed Aug 08, 2007 4:06 am

Melissa wrote:I find it really hard not to eat white bread because I don't really like any of the other breads! Does anyone know if Pita bread is okay to eat or are their still alot of carbs?

Up untill a few months ago I only ate thick sliced white bread too, looking for another option I tried Vogel's 'Soy and Linseed' bread and havent looked back since, and it goes nicely with ANYTHING.

Bread has never been a big part of my diet and I can go without it without thinking about it, but making a nice cucumber and smoked salmon sandwhich with Vogels bread once in a while is ESSENTIAL! :D
Suminoya Buffet

Postby Butterfly_Dawn » Wed Aug 08, 2007 11:22 am

Just thinking about it, I'm not really eating all that much bread any more. Some weeks I would pretty well have no bread at all, other's I will have it, but even then it's usually the sourdoughs (usually a wholemeal 8 grain or the wholemeal fruit and nut or sprouted rye) and these are REAL breads, not squooshy bread. They'd put shop grain breads to shame. :lol:
35kg lost. (November 2005 - October 2006)
15kg gained again (as at October 2010).
Back to the drawing board - Let's do this thing!

"You can't change the winds, but you can change the sails"

"Reach out and take control of what lands in your lap"

Postby kate_turner2000 » Wed Aug 08, 2007 12:16 pm

this might be a question for madz cos i know she was doing the french diet, why is it that french people can eat heaps of breads etc and not put on weight? lol if i lived in france they would have to roll me down the eiffel tower hhaa

I know bread is evil

Postby fairyweighty » Tue Aug 21, 2007 2:19 pm

i used to be able to go through four slices for breakfast with helpings of butter and same again for lunch!have cut down to three slices a day but Im goin to give it up for a week!ill give it a go!

Postby HappyBella55 » Tue Aug 28, 2007 1:58 pm

What is it about bread? I used to go through 5 slices for breaky and still have room for more. It wouldn't fill me up at all.

I'm going to make my own with whole grain and whole wheat. I just have to pull out mum's bread maker. Yum the smell of freshly baked bread.
Start weight - 77kgs
Goal weight - 53kgs
Current Weight - 50.1kgs

No more weighing, no more scales. My measurement is my success at health. It's an investment I make every single day. My priority: be healthy!

Postby BusyMum » Thu Aug 30, 2007 4:10 pm

Just curious if any one knows whether mountain bread is alright? I LOVE my bread but I am thinking that cutting it out of my diet or atleast cutting down, may be a good place to start. I was thinking about trying mountain bread as an alternative. Thoughts?? :?:
Mum to 2 girls, 22months, and 6 months.

Postby kate_turner2000 » Thu Aug 30, 2007 4:15 pm

yeah moutain bread is a great alternative and you can get different varities of it too :)

Return to Home Grown Tips