Just thought I would share with you all the things I have been doing to loose weight and change my lifestyle. These are tips from a few different things I have seen and read:
* Never say you are dieting - it is a lifestyle change! Changing your lifestyle means there is less chance of you putting the weight on.
* Keep a diary of what you are doing, what you are eating and how you are feeling. Saw this on A Current Affair (Sydney), a woman kept a journal and she has already lost 35kgs. I call it a HEALTH DIARY. This forum will also help.
* For the first 6 weeks I haven't eaten any "WHITE STUFF" ie: potato, pasta, rice & bread. I have been very strict with this and not even eaten and brown or wholemeal bread. I am a carbohydrate addict and the only way I could get it out of my system is eliminating it and introducing it back into my life slowly. I am on my 6th week - on Saturday I am going out and am going to have a few drinks to celebrate. Went out for dinner once and ordered my meal without potato. My friends wanted me to get the potato anyway so they could eat it but I refused so I wouldn't be tempted.
* Set a goal - like I did with the 6 week "NO WHITE STUFF" plan. And make sure there is a reward at the end it gives you something to look forward to.
* Exercise as much an you can but take a day off if you are starting to hate it. Not point in doing something you hate otherwise you will stop altogether. Maybe exercise everyday for 3 days then have a day off. That way you have that day off to look forward to. I walk most days and sometimes do pilates and tae bo.
* Do sit-ups in ad breaks while watching TV - gives you a reason to ignore the adds - especially the ones for food!!
* Don't eat a thing 2-3 hours before bed, not even a grape!! After I have dinner I usually give myself something to do eg: Mondays I wash my hair and blow dry it straight, Tuesdays I catch up on my e-mails, Wednesdays I paint my nails and toes etc. For the boys you may have to come up with a couple of different things unless of course you like painting your nails hehehe. PS: I don't eat anything after 6pm. If I feel the urge I will have a couple of sugar-free lollies or a cup of tea.
* Always be conscience of what you eat. I know my tips sound like you will never eat anything nice again but you will and you can, just in moderation.
* Tell your family or people you live with you are changing your lifestyle and enlist them to support you. If they don't support you then get angry like I did and it worked. My father kept offering me bread knowing I couldn't/didn't want to eat it and I lost it. He never offered it again!! Don't tell to many of your friends though let them notice the change on their own. It feels good when some tells you you have lost weight or are looking really food.
* Surround yourself with healthy snacks ie: nuts and cut up fruit.
* Try and drink lots of water - this one is a bad one for me I always forget!!
* I think keeping a photo of your skinny self is a great idea or a photo of someone you aspire too but for me a photo of myself in my swim suit during a recent holiday is inspiration enough - I looked terrible!!!
* Eating out is hard at the best of times. I have found that with the above rules (except for the dinner cut off) I am ordering things that I wouldn't normally have and realising that some healthier options are very tasty!!
That is all I think - a bit over-whelming I know but it is working. A few of you may notice I got a couple of tips from Oprah. There are exceptions to all of the tips of course - we all have a life and need to live it too!!! I have lost approx 4kg in 5 weeks following this. I also don't intend to eat any carbohydrates at dinner time ever again if I can help it I am going to leave that for breakfast and lunch. Always remember its a LIFESTYLE CHANGE and if you do things for long enough it will just be a natural part of life.
If you have any questions please feel free to ask. Hope a couple of these will help you.