It is currently Tue Dec 06, 2016 4:42 pm

Free Newsletter

How are you sabotaging yourself?

Share your weight loss tips here

Moderator: Moderators

Postby kate_turner2000 » Tue Sep 26, 2006 4:33 pm

just in regards to sabotaging.

why is it that you see large people- particularly women who are putting their groceries on the conveyer belt and they have heaps of chips, frozen pizzas, chocolates and then load of up the rest with diet pills and diet coke?

i dont understand it :?
kate_turner2000

Postby Dolly » Tue Sep 26, 2006 4:58 pm

I think a lot of women buy the fat stuff for when their kids friends come over after school. The diet stuff was mine and the fat stuff was theirs, but of course having fat chips there was a big temptation battle.
Dolly

Postby Garfield » Tue Sep 26, 2006 5:00 pm

^^ Women with families usually do all the shopping for their family themselves. The chips and stuff probably aren't meant for them (although they undoubtedly cave into the temptation and end up eating some anyway).
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
[/url]
Garfield

re sabotaging myself

Postby fiona » Tue Sep 26, 2006 8:53 pm

thanks heaps for all these 'real life' food binges, i don't feel so alone now that i hear you guys have the same problems :!: :!: :lol:
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wNxsd9O/]
[/url]
fiona

Postby tamonline » Wed Jan 10, 2007 12:37 am

good golly this self sabotage is a craock of S^&* isnt it.
WHY DO WE DO IT
i was always bigger than i needed to be butnever overweight & upon having a breast reduction it was do or die to move the weight..i went NUTZ..i went from 90kgs to 65kgs in under 16wks. i was skitzophrenic about it.
i managed to hold this weight for 3years & when i quit my job i seemd to realise what i was doing fit wise was way too vigorous. I found myself one day on a toilet floor (cubicle) in the lunch room of the factory i worked in, i was doing crunches..yes i was up to 300crunches a day..anywhere & everywhere.
i stopped that very day & needless to say i am still unemployed & weigh about 20kilos more than i need to again.
i sabotage myself everytime i go for a job cos i am shamed to work cos i carry excess weight.
my food habbits are crap & i eat bearly 2 meals a day.
i am in the process of starting all over again..dont know how iwill go & i need some serious help/motivation but lets see huh
tamonline

Postby kate_turner2000 » Wed Jan 10, 2007 6:02 am

Image hi there tamonline

feel free to browse around the forum for some inspiring posts and motivating ones as well. you can lose the weight again but you need to do it for you, not a job, make a list of goals you want to achieve and figure out what is the best method for you to lose the weight successfully and to keep it off. best wishes
kate_turner2000

Postby chunky monkey » Wed Jan 10, 2007 12:20 pm

I find this subject very interesting as I believe that I am totally self sabotaging. As soon as I receive a compliment, I do not know why, but it sends me on a binge. If I am plodding along doing my thing, I can lose weight, but as soon as that compliment comes along, mentally I go into some sort of tailspin.

Totally bizzarro behaviour I know, so when I feel that is coming up the conversation, I change the subject.

Thanks for letting me add my 2 cents worth,

Michelle
chunky monkey

Postby kate_turner2000 » Wed Jan 10, 2007 12:32 pm

thats ok michelle! speak to us anytime. i know what you mean though!
kate_turner2000

Postby Lols » Wed Jan 10, 2007 1:44 pm

My biggest sabotage when im down and depressed (like right now with work) I reach for the chocolate ...... like thats going to make me feel any better!!!!

I managed not to do it today though so even though im not feeling the greatest about all the stuff thats happening least im proud of myself.
Lols

Postby zeedeveelgirl » Wed Jan 10, 2007 2:17 pm

I used to sabotage myself all the time.. as a personal trainer I feel a HUGE pressure to be super-lean and fit. While at 68kg I'm not big, and people keep telling me I don't need to lose any more weight, I still feel massively pressured by the industry to be smaller.

I'll bake a cake or a batch of muffins just because I feel like cooking, and then they are sitting there staring me in the eye!! I used to go into the kitchen dozens of times a day and pick little bits off the cake/muffin and pretend it didn't count. I hate to say it but Weight Watchers taught me that in a way. Because certain things eg vegetables, diet jam, diet jelly, diet cordial etc are "zero points", I'd trick myself into thinking that just a little nibble of something wouldn't amount to as many kilojoules as it would take to be half a point, even though I'd be constantly having a nibble!!

I've since been working on this and have pretty much got the problem nipped in the bud. Although when I'm feeling stressed, anxious or panicky, I find it sooo hard to just not go around having little nibbles of everything!!!
zeedeveelgirl

Postby Dee » Wed Jan 10, 2007 4:40 pm

chunky monkey wrote:As soon as I receive a compliment, I do not know why, but it sends me on a binge. If I am plodding along doing my thing, I can lose weight, but as soon as that compliment comes along, mentally I go into some sort of tailspin.

OMG! I do exactly that!!! I pray for ages that no one will notice if I'm losing weight, 'cos as soon as they do; I stop! If someone says to me "gee you're looking good" you can guarantee that it wont be an hour later before I'm splurging on a pizza or Maccas.... what is WITH that?

Gottas confess I find it a relief that other people do the same thing!

Dee
[url=http://www.phenforum.com/ticker/]
[/url]
Dee

Postby chunky monkey » Thu Jan 11, 2007 9:07 am

Dee, I am the same. I head straight for the junk food. What the??

As soon as I get the vibe that the conversation may be going in a particular direction I change subject straight away.

Nice ticker by the way. I still don't get how they work.LOL :lol:

Michelle
chunky monkey

Postby SarahC » Thu Jan 11, 2007 9:55 am

I never get any compliments :cry: :roll: But whenever I see a low number come up on the scales, my immediate instinct is to head straight to the kitchen to see what I can eat :shock:
SarahC

Postby Dee » Thu Jan 11, 2007 11:10 am

Hey Michellle,

There's a "Sticky" called How to copy and paste a ticker graph in the Introductions section- have a squiz at that and see how you go.

For a receptionist, I'm a complete nuffy when it comes to all things computers - so I can't post a link for you, until I figure out how! :lol:

How sad is it that we have to avoid compliments in order to create a healthy body. :(
[url=http://www.phenforum.com/ticker/]
[/url]
Dee

Postby chunky monkey » Thu Jan 11, 2007 4:22 pm

Dee it worked ( apart from the huge numbers)!!

Woo Hoo,

Michelle
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wbij8Bk/]
[/url]
chunky monkey

PreviousNext

Return to Home Grown Tips