It is currently Sat Dec 10, 2016 1:57 pm

Free Newsletter

How are you sabotaging yourself?

Share your weight loss tips here

Moderator: Moderators

Postby laura » Thu Jan 11, 2007 4:49 pm

Sometimes people 'sabotage' themself because they have bigger problems that their weight. There are many reasons why people get overweight but probably a very common one is that they medicate with food another problem. This happend to me, I was always skinny and I always loved chocolate but I had a limit. I lost that when I got depressed (post-natal depression plus moving away from family in another country plus not beeing able to work). So I would eat chocolate all day and still feel miserable :roll: , it was supposed to make me feel better. My biggest problem wasn't my increasing weight but the lack of self esteem and depresion. I used to think that I could get a job only if I lose weight but fortunatelly I never tried to lose weight at that point. I got a job when I decided that this is what I want and that helped with my self esteem. Then I decided that I want more, I want to go to Uni to become a nurse. I passed the English test, then another test and got accepted :P . My self esteem got better and better. I was so focused on my studies I forgot about my weight. This is the first time I try to lose the extra weight, but I feel strong and confident because I don't have other problems in my life, I don't need the confort from chocolate anymore, I don't have other problems that I need to treat with food.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wVPFGZa/]
[/url]
laura

Postby Ally » Thu Jan 11, 2007 9:19 pm

Cool ticker there Michelle....the numbers will come apart as you lose more (mine did and I was really excited!! :P )
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wGLHYSm/]
[/url]
Ally

Postby mrs c » Thu Mar 22, 2007 4:41 pm

My best one is telling myself its worth it to be overweight to enjoy my favourite foods, and that I dont really mind being overweight. Shame those thoughts all disappear once Ive stopped eating the junk food and the guilt sets in. :oops:
mrs c

Previous

Return to Home Grown Tips