It is currently Fri Oct 28, 2016 3:31 pm

Free Newsletter

Drinking water - Is it the secret to fat loss?

Share your weight loss tips here

Moderator: Moderators

Postby Ally » Tue Aug 14, 2007 11:45 am

Hey Tegan there is some debate over whether it can be counted as water.....but all in all I think it is fine I am sure that fellow, (Dr Tickner??) the one that has been on telly anyway, he says that green teas can be counted as water consumption....I am just a water bug and always make sure that I drink at least 2-3 litres of just plain water per day then I consider anything else a bonus.

Postby Playboy_bunny » Tue Aug 14, 2007 1:55 pm

Im the same Ally, I have to drink at least 2 ltrs of pure water or I start to feel a bladder infection coming on :roll: I probably drink the equivalent to about 2 glasses of cordial, 1 can caf free coke, some tea etc, but never count it :)

green tea

Postby spaffy » Wed Aug 22, 2007 8:45 pm

green tea totally counts as water intake. all herbal teas can... and there are so many tasty green tea blends at the moment.. it makes it so much easier to get your 2L.

For my daily intake:

when i get up - 750ml water
with brekkie - approx 200ml green tea
throughout work - 750 water
after work - 500 green tea
before bed - 250ml water

well thats on most days, i am not that good on the weekends..
saying that i feel much more hungry on the weekends

Postby chubba momma » Thu Aug 23, 2007 12:52 am

i used to hardly drink water but my pledge this week was to drink it instead of a zillion cups of tea. I drink it icey cold only casue i prefer the taste of water cold. I am only up to a litre a day (better then the one glad i used to have!)but i also feel heaps better and my skin even feels nicer too!
chubba momma

Re: Drinking water - Is it the secret to fat loss?

Postby Melissa79 » Sat Feb 27, 2010 11:46 am

I agree taht drinking more wather helps. My way of losing weight on healthy way has part with more water also. And I use some herbal tea to take that water out and other bad stuf with it.

Return to Home Grown Tips