It is currently Tue Dec 06, 2016 3:41 am

Free Newsletter

Chocoholic

Share your weight loss tips here

Moderator: Moderators

Chocoholic

Postby Nay » Wed Jun 27, 2007 10:15 pm

I have a question...

I love chocolate. I crave chocolate. I eat chocolate all the time, it tastes so good!!!

I've resorted to buying a pack of those single wrapped freddo frogs and made my boyfriend hide them somewhere and only give me one a day.

He gave in a few times with me jumping up and down and whinging that I wanted chocolate. I yelled at him and told him that was a test to see how strong he could be! LOL!!

He has hidden them well...I can't find them anywhere...does anyone have any tips to help me kick the habit??
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w1gyr2A/]
[/url]
Nay

Postby shelbel » Wed Jun 27, 2007 11:13 pm

If you dont buy them, you cant eat them!! :D :D :D

Sometimes its better to not have them in the house at all, then you cant be tempted by just knowing they are there. Also there is no reason you couldnt have a small fredo each day and still lose weight, it depends on what else your eating during the day. We all need treats now and again!
Highest Weight - 93kgs
Current Weight - 68.3kgs
Goal Weight - 65kgs

The wise man Stephen King once said - The only way to go on, is to go on. To say 'i can do this' even when you know you cant

You'll find me in the almost there section :)
shelbel

Postby milkyway » Wed Jun 27, 2007 11:30 pm

LOL I thought you were going to ask us if we have any tips for finding them :lol:
Just keep moving! And don't be lazy...
------------------------
SW: 74.3kg - 1/1/09
CW: 71.1kg - 3/5/09
GW 62kg
milkyway

Postby Chelle » Thu Jun 28, 2007 12:16 am

LOL I thought you were going to ask us if we have any tips for finding them

That thought came across my mind to..lol

You can have one every day just as long as you add it into your daily calories intake

I know at the health food shop i think there are tablets you can take to stop sugar cravings. I never had it before so I wouldn't know if it works.
Chelle

Postby kate_turner2000 » Thu Jun 28, 2007 10:26 am

i am a huge chocoholic and i just had to learn not to have it in the house and learn to say NO to it. it is really hard at first almost ending up in tears and feeling like i couldnt continue with my weightloss efforts because of it but i know if i have one bit ill want more. i ended up buying a darrell lea sugar free milk chocolate bar once ina blue moon, and thats only because darrell lea is so far from my house that i cant just go down the road to get some once that bar was finished. i used jarrahh chocolattes to help with the choccie and sugar cravings
kate_turner2000

Postby sassi » Thu Jun 28, 2007 10:59 am

i agree with what kate says!

i've been using the jarrah drinks a little as well. i've also had a single roses chocolate a couple of days but i find if i manage to go without chocolate for a week i stop getting the cravings as much.

not sure if that's the same for everyone, but one of my friends did a detox for 6 weeks & didn't eat sugar during that time and she found the cravings went away completely - but she even cut out sauces that had sugar etc. (too much effort for me!!)

if you do have it, just make sure it fits within your calories for the day
sassi

Postby Fireball » Thu Jun 28, 2007 11:54 pm

Some foods can serve as a treat and that is fine, but some foods trigger mad cravings and binging. Try to identify foods that you can have as a treat that wont drive you into a crazy eating frenzy. I tried keeping individually wrapped chocs at home as a reward but inevitably I'd decide I deserved the lot all at once. :lol: That was just setting myself up to fail. You need to be kind to yourself by setting up a healthy food environment.

"Unknowingly, we plow the dust of the stars, blown about us by the wind, and drink the universe in a glass of rain."
Ihab Hassan
Fireball

Postby shelbel » Fri Jun 29, 2007 12:01 am

Omigod Fireball, i so do the same 'i deserve it' thing!! Ive had a bad day, 'i deserve it' its friday, i deserve it, ive worked hard, i deserve it! Im so glad im not the only one!! :D

Its a hard habit to get out of!
Highest Weight - 93kgs
Current Weight - 68.3kgs
Goal Weight - 65kgs

The wise man Stephen King once said - The only way to go on, is to go on. To say 'i can do this' even when you know you cant

You'll find me in the almost there section :)
shelbel

Postby Melissa » Wed Jul 04, 2007 4:25 pm

hehe :P

maybe you should switch to dark chocolate...and make it once a week not once a day? :wink:
ImageImage
Melissa

Re: Chocoholic

Postby Pipsi » Mon Jul 09, 2007 4:19 pm

Mini Milky Ways are fabulous! They are like 250 kilojoules (recommended kiloujoule intake for a diet is 5000per day!) so you can enjoy one of these guilt free!

Pipsi :)
Pipsi

Postby Sassygirl » Mon Jul 16, 2007 1:58 pm

Hello My name is Michelle and I am a Chocoholic!!

I try to incorporate chocolate into my diet (I am loving the WW Double Chocolate Self Saucing Puddings - from the freezer section - you heat them up and scoop out the pudding and the delicious chocolate sauce!!!).

I couldn't imagine a life without eating chocolate - AT ALL!!!
2008 - my year to be great!!

Sassygirl

Postby melogic » Mon Jul 16, 2007 3:56 pm

I must say that chocolate is the main reason why I am overweight. Once I start I can't stop. And then I try the eat as much chocolate trick to try and make myself sick and that lasts two days at best.

I find that if I get over the initial first few days of not eating chocolate then I crave it less and less until it goes away. You can't give into it in the first few days though. Otherwise it is just getting on board the vicious cycle again.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wMqaVfg/]
[/url]
melogic

Postby Ally » Mon Jul 16, 2007 4:51 pm

Hey sassygirl I saw them the other day and was wondering what they were like.....might have to add them to this weeks shopping list!! do you know how many calories per serve??
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wGLHYSm/]
[/url]
Ally

Postby Sassygirl » Mon Jul 16, 2007 5:08 pm

No but I have one in the freezer at home so when I go home I will post the nutritional values for you!! The are devine - quite easy to eat the two of them in one sitting!!!!
2008 - my year to be great!!

Sassygirl

Postby Ally » Mon Jul 16, 2007 6:37 pm

Thankyou....muchly appreciated!! :D
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wGLHYSm/]
[/url]
Ally

Next

Return to Home Grown Tips