It is currently Fri Oct 21, 2016 10:14 pm

Free Newsletter

Share those Kilojoules

Share your weight loss tips here

Moderator: Moderators

Share those Kilojoules

Postby Fireball » Tue Jul 17, 2007 11:07 pm

A few of my workmates are also trying to lose weight. One of our big temptations is the goodies on a trolley that come around morning tea. Our particular favourite is the giant chocolate donut - so fresh and yummy. We all had indulged in this one too regularly. So our big diet tip - we buy the chocolate donut, but we share. We cut it into 3 or 4 or 5 depending who is around at the time. Amazingly we all agree we don't feel like we're missing out. The donut was really too big. We love our social share snack over a cuppa and feel we're helping to support each other while spoiling ourself.

"Unknowingly, we plow the dust of the stars, blown about us by the wind, and drink the universe in a glass of rain."
Ihab Hassan

Postby kate_turner2000 » Wed Jul 18, 2007 9:40 am

good tip marcia- sharing with friends helps for sure :)

Postby sassi » Wed Jul 18, 2007 10:22 am

what a good idea! sometimes it's just the taste of something you want, rather than the whole thing!

Postby Sassygirl » Wed Jul 18, 2007 11:34 am

mmmmmmmmmmmmm .......... chocolate donnuts. I remember when I was in Tafe - I used to have a chocolate donnut every day - they were delicious.

Good tip. When I go out with my girlfriends for cake and coffee we order our coffees then share one slice of cake!
2008 - my year to be great!!

Return to Home Grown Tips