It is currently Sun Oct 23, 2016 4:58 am

Free Newsletter

The morning after

Share your weight loss tips here

Moderator: Moderators

The morning after

Postby SarahC » Fri Jul 20, 2007 10:27 am

Does anyone have any great tips for recovering from a big eating/binging session. How do you cope with the horrible yucky feeling you get? And the guilt factor as well?

I can't think of anything apart from moping around feeling grotty, which doesn't really help!

Postby Sassygirl » Fri Jul 20, 2007 11:13 am

Sarah I am feeling the same today - it really puts a dampner on your day hay?!?! I had a blowout last night (what with kids away with grandparents and hubby working long hours) I devoured everything in site and felt quite sick afterwards ... so thismorning I am feeling like ----- yuk ---- so I would also be interested in reading some of the replies!!!
2008 - my year to be great!!

Postby Kadda » Fri Jul 20, 2007 2:07 pm

What I do is go for a walk first thing the next morning and eat as much fresh fruit and vegetables as possible, nothing to heavy. Also, try and be out of the environment you were in when you over-ate, ie. instead of being at home, go shopping / to the movies / visit friends.

Remember, don't punish yourself, we all slip up - it's just how we deal and recover from it which is the real issue!

Postby Ses » Fri Jul 20, 2007 5:58 pm

I blew out yesterday too - but it was planned, and I gave myself permission. I had fun too.

Now I am going to eat well for the next week, keep up the excercise and move on ...... until next time!

Postby Playboy_bunny » Sat Jul 21, 2007 9:01 pm

I dont know Sarah, its hard isnt it hun? :( All I do is try not to think about it, try and love myself and not worry about it, because its done and i cant change it (just TRY and remeber how I felt last time I binged :roll: which is sooo hard!) Maybe do some extra exercise to make yourself feel better? (((HUGS)))

Postby shelbel » Sun Jul 22, 2007 6:44 am

Its hard work sometimes isnt it, this weight loss business! Please try not to beat yourself up too much over it (much easier said then done), i mean it is winter after all and we all look for some extra comfort at this time of year! But i know as a slipped up this last week to and i worked my butt off with extra exercise. It helped with my guilt to because i felt like i was making up for it. I hope you find what you need to help sarah, and please dont be too hard on yourself.
Highest Weight - 93kgs
Current Weight - 68.3kgs
Goal Weight - 65kgs

The wise man Stephen King once said - The only way to go on, is to go on. To say 'i can do this' even when you know you cant

You'll find me in the almost there section :)

Postby A_Corner_Of_The_Earth » Mon Jul 23, 2007 7:01 pm

Exercise, exercise, exercise.

Exercising will get your endorphins flowing making you feel better and you won't fill yucky, guilty and stressed out. Work your body hard to burn the extra energy you consumed.

It's better than sitting around feeling sorry for yourself. I know it's hard to build up the motivation to do it but afterwards you will feel all the better for doing it.

GW1 - 70kgs
GW2 - 67kgs
GW3 - 60kgs

Postby madeline » Mon Jul 23, 2007 11:08 pm

Peppermint tea for digestion and water water water

Get all the food taste out your mouth with the peppermint, and then cleanse your body so you feel like you never had anything at all :D
"Ððñ'† µ wï§h ¥ðµr gïrl£rïêñÐ wå§ hð† lïkê mê, Ððñ'† ¥å ßåߥ ;)"
CW- 57kgs, GW- 53kgs (8kgs lost!)

Postby Maraver » Tue Jul 24, 2007 6:55 am

Forget about it, move on move your body and drink water we have all been there and I am sure most of us will do it again :lol:

Postby Ledzeppelin2007 » Thu Sep 27, 2007 4:35 pm

try figuring out how many KJ u had and than try to work out how to work them out over the next few weeks, for example extra 10min at the gym, mis a little treat every now again, park 10min walk away from work. I wouldnt say this is punishing yourself but more making it upto yourself. i like to have afew drinks at parties but the next day i limit myself to my treats like a coffee or TV time, instead i'd go for a walk with my ipod :D
Hope it helps, and remember we're humans, we all have slip ups
Keep it real

Return to Home Grown Tips