It is currently Sun Oct 23, 2016 6:45 am

Free Newsletter

Plateau-Busting Tips

Share your weight loss tips here

Moderator: Moderators

Plateau-Busting Tips

Postby Dolly » Thu Jan 05, 2006 3:50 pm

Plateau-Busting Tips

Are your results slowing down despite your devotion to the plan? Try these tips to get things moving again:

Make sure you're not skipping meals. If you deprive your body of the food it needs, you'll activate a starvation response and your body will hold on to every ounce!

Stop getting stressed by the scale. Muscle weighs more than fat. Water fluctuations can add pounds, too. Instead, use a tape measure or the fit of your clothes as your guide.

Switch workout strategies. If you've been walking, shake it up with biking or swimming. Always using the same machines at the gym? Try something new. Snap your body out of its routine!

Pick up the pace. Add 15 more minutes to your workout, or go up a notch on each weight machine.

Keep track in your journal. Are little snacks adding up to extra calories? Follow the plan exactly and measure out portions! Don't "guesstimate!"

Drink your water! Make 8 to 10 glasses a day the minimum!

If you follow these tips, your plateau will soon be a memory! Don't give up — I know you can do it!

Postby Lynda » Thu Jan 05, 2006 4:55 pm

Thanks for the tips, how long can a weight plateau last? I get really bloated if i drink to much water.

Postby Dolly » Thu Jan 05, 2006 7:14 pm

Once you alter your routine a little, I'd say it should only last around a couple of weeks.

Postby Neney » Wed Oct 25, 2006 7:01 am

Thanks for this.
I lost almost 20 kilos the year before last, and this is what bought it all back. I stopped seeing results, and in the end starting eating out of depression and desperation I think.

I'm going to try some of these tips next time!
Mini Goal - Reach Double Digits!! 99kgs

Postby The Blimp! » Wed Dec 27, 2006 5:21 pm

Great tips! Thanks! I'm off to get a glass of water now.
The Blimp!

Postby macasgirl4eva » Mon Jan 08, 2007 8:20 pm

Water is definately one of the best weight loss miracles getting around. I found initally that I lost 1.5kgs in 2weeks by making no other lifestyle changes than drinking three 600ml bottles of water a day. Initially it can be a bit hard, but if you drinkit ice cold it's actually very enjoyable, and adding lemon juice gives it flavour and helps in weightloss too. If you make it a habit to have one with you all the time you drink it just because it is there and it becomes really easy. And drinking water actually decreases fluid retention, who woulda thunk it? :) Not to mention the dramatic change in complexion and even the sparkle in your eyes :) I am such a convert *lol* :oops:

Postby kate_turner2000 » Tue Jan 09, 2007 5:37 am

Image lol dont worry mac! im a broken record when it comes to preaching about water hehe.

you are right the more water you drink the less your body is going to store it. 2litres a day is my minimum but im completely opposite to you- i like the water to be room temperature- i find it goes down better! lol

Postby Ally » Tue Jan 09, 2007 5:42 am

I like my water to be room temp in winter and a bit cooler in summer....I can't drink really cold water!! My sister is like you though maca! she drinks it really icy cold!!

Postby Bella214 » Fri Jan 12, 2007 7:18 pm

thanks for the tips dolly!

Return to Home Grown Tips