It is currently Sat Oct 01, 2016 7:41 pm

Free Newsletter

Daily Water Intake

Share your weight loss tips here

Moderator: Moderators

Postby ossabelli » Tue Nov 21, 2006 11:01 am

Ally wrote:Is it like a low-joule cordial sachet or something?? Sorry just being a treacle-beak!!

Okay, sorry to be so American here, but what is a low-joule cordial sachet?

What Crystal Light is is like a flavored powder you put in water to make it taste like different kinds of juice.
"A dream is a wish your heart makes, when you're fast asleep."
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wAp9kdY/]
[/url]
ossabelli

Postby Ally » Tue Nov 21, 2006 4:18 pm

ok didn't know whether the Crystal light thingies you were talking about may have been like a diet cordial.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wGLHYSm/]
[/url]
Ally

Re: Daily Water Intake

Postby Zero » Wed Jun 27, 2007 8:34 pm

Angel wrote:Tips for drinking 2 litres of water a day:
    try carrying around a water bottle with you when you are out and about;
    keep a bottle or jug of water on your desk;
    drink a glass of water every hour or so - make it a habit;
    have a glass of water after you go to the loo - replenish what you lost!
    every time you are at the sink or in the kitchen have a glass of water;
    in a jug of water add sliced lemon or orange or lime or strawberries - it gives it a hint of taste so its not so bland; or
    try herbal tea, there are some really yummy ones out there, some you can drink cold - 3 berries is my favourite, very refreshing and you get the benefits of not only the water but the berries too.

Hope these help.

These are really good tips!

I'm pretty anal about having stuff on my desk (simple because im so clumsy) but i think having a water bottle on my desk will help.... especially since it wont be such a pain to always top up my glass
Zero

Postby leeni.s2 » Tue Feb 12, 2008 4:19 pm

does the amount of water you drink really contribute to how much weight you lose?

start date; 15 feb 08
first mini goal: 88kg ; much needed haircut. - accomplished
second mini goal: 80kg ; not sure yet
leeni.s2

Postby sherry40+ » Thu Jul 31, 2008 3:27 pm

As I understand, your body requires "X" amount of water for all your organs / body to function. So when you don't drink enough, your body goes into store mode (because it doesn't know when it will get its' next water fix) so that is when you get fluid retention. Where as, when you are drinking 2+ litres of water every day, your body says' OK, I've got the water I need to work, the rest will then help flush all the bad things out of your body, and help make all your organs work. It also helps give you a full feeling sometimes, because the body sends what we think is a hunger message but it actually is a thirst message. So if we have a glass of water and then wait 15 - 20 minutes to see if we are still hungry, half the time you will find it is just that you are thirsty. Anyway, that is how it was explained to me so I hope it helps? :D
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wV5w5se/]
[/url]
sherry40+

Postby musclecar » Tue Sep 02, 2008 12:16 am

I keep 3 600ml bottles of water in the fridge. When I cruise the computer for long periods (which is often writing student) I just sip away. Once empty fill up and get a cold one. Within 2 hours I've easily drank 2L. Wish i'd started doing this earlier this year, getting better sleep without the coffee and other stimulants I was drinking.
musclecar

Postby Misstoodles » Tue Sep 02, 2008 12:35 am

Luckily I got in the habit of drinking plenty of water 2 years ago. I drink it without really taking much notice these days. Very good tips though :D I definitely recommend having a glass or two every time you go in the kitchen, and I'm going to start drinking after going to the bathroom! It makes a lot of sense.

Summer time I love putting a few frozen blueberries in my water :) Yummy ice-blocks.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wFyKFbn/]
[/url]
Misstoodles

Postby Carley » Sat Feb 28, 2009 12:11 pm

I carry around a pump bottle (750mls) and try to drink 2 minimum.
Goal for 2016:
Current weight: 94 kilos
Starting weight: 102.5 kilos
Goal #1: 92 kilos
Carley

Postby misk » Wed Oct 17, 2012 10:28 pm

I am not a water fan, at all, only thing I ever drank was diet sodas, but I quit cold turkey and began drinking green tea/white tea with every meal and then camomile tea at morning snack and afternoon snacks. I read green tea and white tea promote weight loss so that was a good enough reason for me :P Plus it really kills the hunger pains in the morning for me! Only plain water i drink is while exercising.
misk

Postby hanney882 » Sat Jun 21, 2014 11:37 am

Thanks for the tip, I prefer drinking water with infuse fruits. I like the way it taste and look sometimes I hate drinking water alone so this idea is good for me. I drink 8 glasses of water and 2 cups of tea every day; green tea with lemon in the morning and chamomile tea before bedtime.
hanney882

Postby mads » Thu Sep 25, 2014 8:53 am

I read hot water is better for curbing appetite...yucky but might try it!
http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/w3rsZwO/weight.png
mads

Postby DD Diva » Thu Sep 25, 2014 9:12 am

mads wrote:I read hot water is better for curbing appetite...yucky but might try it!

If you make yourself a cup of boiled water (or as I jokingly refer to it, as a "really really weak tea") :lol: not only does it curb the appetite because you have to sip it (as it will be hot) but has a dual benefit in that it is great for the skin! Whenever I have a "break out" (rare these days but it does happen from time to time) drinking lots of "weak teas" really helps clear my face up fast!!! :wink:
DD Diva

Postby Blitz » Thu Sep 25, 2014 11:28 pm

mads wrote:I read hot water is better for curbing appetite...yucky but might try it!

If you want to make it appealing - try sticking a teabag in it.
A black cup of tea is only 2 calories! If you want one with a dash (15ml) of regular milk that's only 10 calories...20 calories if you want a regular serve (30ml). Skim/Nonfat is 5 calories (15ml) or 15 calories (30ml).

As you can see - it is hardly worth the effort to cut these out.
The benefits far outweigh the cost. Better a few cups of tea and cut out something else not worthwhile.
It is the added sugar that gives tea such a bad reputation...one it doesn't deserve. Leave the sugar out and you'll be fine.

Kim
Was: 153.7kg
Lost: 87kg
Now: keeping it off for life!
Blitz

Postby hanney882 » Wed Oct 15, 2014 11:37 pm

I will try to drink warm water with black tea, I bought a box of black tea last month and I don't really like it. Green tea is the best for me rather than black tea but I will make this to improve my appetite and skin. Thanks for the tips ladies.
hanney882

Previous

Return to Home Grown Tips