It is currently Sun Dec 11, 2016 1:14 pm

Free Newsletter

put yourself off deep fried stuff

Share your weight loss tips here

Moderator: Moderators

put yourself off deep fried stuff

Postby Bread-Monster » Fri Sep 07, 2007 5:50 pm

I personally don't like deep fried things because they give me a really bad sore throat, however, I once mentioned to a friend once that the oil they use in deep fat fryers reminded me of engine oil and how horrible would it be if someone served up your fish and chips and they were fried in engine oil. My friend looked at me and replied "I hate you. You've just put me off fish and chips for life".

So there, everytime you go to order something deep fried, just pretend that the oil the food's fried in is engine oil or even more disgusting, the grease from a teenager's face (courtesy of the Simpsons).
Current weight 50.4kg
Current Fat % 13.5%

Fat % 14.0%

-Si vis Pacem Para bellum-
Bread-Monster

Postby madeline » Fri Sep 07, 2007 6:11 pm

I find if i eat fish and chips or kfc or something real greasy I feel dirty, like oily... like my mouth feels oily and my fingers smell greasy... ew ew ew That being said, well cooked fish and chips is yummy as :wink:
"Ððñ'† µ wï§h ¥ðµr gïrl£rïêñÐ wå§ hð† lïkê mê, Ððñ'† ¥å ßåߥ ;)"
CW- 57kgs, GW- 53kgs (8kgs lost!)
madeline

Postby Bread-Monster » Fri Sep 07, 2007 6:16 pm

I don't think I've ever had fish and chips where the chips AND fish were both done well. It's really hard to mess up grilled fish and one time, I got fish that was really really really over done. It was like eating paper. I know a good place in Frankston, I go there before TAFE, their grilled fish is pretty decent.

I know what you mean about the greasy dirty feeling. I would feel as if the himalayas were being replicated in pustules on my face. Yuk.
Current weight 50.4kg
Current Fat % 13.5%

Fat % 14.0%

Bread-Monster

Postby HappyBella55 » Fri Sep 07, 2007 6:50 pm

my weakness isn't deep fried foods or fast foods. I can't remember the last time I ate fast food.

My poison is cakes, chocolates, bread, high carb foods.

The smell of deep fried food makes me feel ill
Start weight - 77kgs
Goal weight - 53kgs
Current Weight - 50.1kgs

No more weighing, no more scales. My measurement is my success at health. It's an investment I make every single day. My priority: be healthy!
HappyBella55

Postby madeline » Fri Sep 07, 2007 7:23 pm

Is that place in Frankston "Flakey Jake's" by any chance??? Voted Fox FM's best fish and chips :lol:
"Ððñ'† µ wï§h ¥ðµr gïrl£rïêñÐ wå§ hð† lïkê mê, Ððñ'† ¥å ßåߥ ;)"
CW- 57kgs, GW- 53kgs (8kgs lost!)
madeline

Postby Butterfly_Dawn » Fri Sep 07, 2007 8:35 pm

I've never been big on greasy food. I once went off all chips (pack and hot) because the oil in them made me physically feel like vomiting. Man I wish I still had that issue, or even better, that it happened with sugar!!
35kg lost. (November 2005 - October 2006)
15kg gained again (as at October 2010).
Back to the drawing board - Let's do this thing!

"You can't change the winds, but you can change the sails"

"Reach out and take control of what lands in your lap"

Butterfly_Dawn

Postby Bread-Monster » Sat Sep 08, 2007 12:29 pm

Hmm, a lot of people get sick from oil. Maybe it's a biological thing.

I'm never ever ever staying away from bread. I love bread and I refuse to sacrifice it. If I can't have normal bread, I'll have mountain bread, if i can't have mountain bread, I'll get flour and water and a pinch of salt and steam my own bread.

Chocolates isn't something people have to give up. Dark chocolate is good for you. Have 2 squares a day. It's not detrimental unless you eat a 400g block every day.

Everything in moderation isn't a bad thing. You can still have your cake and eat it. Just don't buy cakes, make them yourself and share it with friends. The reason I don't eat cake is because a) too expensive b) cheap cakes from safeway and coles are always too salty c) Too lazy to make them myself. There! You'd be amazed at how a little bit of laziness can go a long way.
Current weight 50.4kg
Current Fat % 13.5%

Fat % 14.0%

Bread-Monster

Postby Ally » Mon Sep 10, 2007 9:54 am

Want something to really put you off of fast foods for life??

When I worked at a servo/diner we used to have to clean the oil of the deep fryers out once a week and you would be amazed at what you find in there.....

chewies that one of the staff you to place in there (gross piece of work)... and cockroach shells (where did the rest of it go??? :? ) were two of the worst things I ever came across.....really put me off of deep fried crap!!! I just think of eating cockroach and bug bodies and it is enough to turn my stomach!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wGLHYSm/]
[/url]
Ally

Postby Mags » Thu Oct 04, 2007 7:38 pm

I used to work in a takeaway shop, put me off for ages. After every shift I came home and had to wash my face straight away, cooking over those deep fryers sent all the oil onto my face and made it greasy as hell. Which made my acne flair up ergh.
Mags

Postby riff » Tue Nov 13, 2007 2:46 pm

I recently though, hmm why do I like fried chips.

So I slowed down my chewing and you know, the didn't taste all the good. Thank you! Also Hungry Jacks chips, they taste so bad that I won't touch them. They taste like the smell of some fertilizers to me!

Or Read the ingredients and decide if you really want all those additives and "what not" that a lot of fast foods often have in them.

When craving Ice Cream or Cake or something sweet, fresh fruit salad with Mango, Strawberry's, Passion Fruit, Mellon's etc can really hit the spot. Add some crushed ice for a cold surprise!
riff

Postby cymbahlee » Sat Jan 05, 2008 11:41 am

Okay, confession time. Once bought a pack of spring rolls some of which I deep fried. Next night, my husband asked for some more. I thought, why not just reuse last nights oil?As I was cooking it I was thinking, man, there are lots of tiny burnt crumbs in here. It was only after my husband, child and myself had eaten the spring rolls that I realised those burnt crumbs were in actual fact a nights worth of insects as I hadn't put a lid on the oil
I have not deep fried anything since that night.
cymbahlee

Postby oostevens » Sat Jan 05, 2008 1:01 pm

ha ha thats great! no more oily insect food for you :) or me now :p
[*RACHEL*]

YOU CAN DOOO IT!!!!!

[First goal: to reach 80kgs]
[Second goal: to reach 75kgs]

oostevens

Postby jeshka » Mon Jan 07, 2008 1:59 pm

i used to love vanilla slices and eat them all the time - until about 4 or 5 years ago i went to my local bakery and got one ... and it had a cockroach leg in it. i had only taken like 2 bites, threw the rest out and i have probably only had about 1 or 2 vanilla slices since. i still love love LOVE them but find it sooo hard to bring myself to eat them :( i have only been back to that same bakery once, and when i did, i got food poisoning from a beef and bacon pie and it was that bad that i had like 3 days off work!! i did get over the fear of eating pies after that little incident, but still have an extreme paranoia about food poisoning.
jeshka

Postby Moomoo » Wed Jan 23, 2008 8:56 pm

jeshka I know where your coming from! I LOVE vanilla slices too Yum!

Haven't had one for a while though. Don't fancy one either

I have a craving for biscuits at the moment! :roll:
Moomoo

Return to Home Grown Tips