It is currently Mon Dec 05, 2016 9:27 am

Free Newsletter

Drink Your Way To Sexiness

Share your weight loss tips here

Moderator: Moderators

Re: Drink Your Way To Sexiness

Postby sassi » Thu Jul 03, 2008 11:45 am

i'm not sure whether anything has been proven but i do find that green tea makes me feel fuller than if i'd had a cup of regular tea or a cup of coffee.

i still love my green tea with mint (i just get the lipton one) & have 1 or 2 cups every day. i usually have one around this time because i've usually had my morning snack & i feel hungry again! the effect may all be psychological though!
sassi

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Thu Jul 03, 2008 5:13 pm

Strawberry wrote:Is this really true or is it just another diet myth?

There have been a few studies that have shown the effectiveness of green tea on weight loss. One I can recall involved rats with huge doses of the chemical responsible for green tea's effectiveness. Another was a human study, but with a limited number of participants. I'm sure I posted links to some of the studies a while ago in another thread but I can't seem to find them. I'll have another look around tonight and see what I can find. Anyway, the chemical responsible is ECGC and it has been shown to reduce appetite and has some fat burning qualities.
EvilWombatQueen

Postby carinna » Mon Jul 28, 2008 6:38 pm

I think sassi hit it on the head. I drink green tea too, but in moderation. My boyfriend got us a box of gree tea when I asked him to pick one up at the grocers but he got the bitter kind. Euch! I think he didnt see any flavored brand. But next time I will try and get the better tasting ones.
*Check out my BEFORE and AFTER pics*:
http://www.carinna.wordpress.com
**Comments are always welcome!**
carinna

Postby bekah-bekky-bex » Mon Jan 19, 2009 9:46 am

is liptons iced green tea good for you?
i like that...
but im figuring it has alot of sugar in it...
and doesnt actually have the benefits of green tea...
hmmm.
maybe i could get liptons lemon green tea bags..
and just cool it too make it iced...
how do they taste?
and do they sell those green tea capsules in health stores?
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wySbg4y/]
[/url]
Hoping to get back on track while i'm still this young....
bekah-bekky-bex

Postby Gordz » Mon Jan 19, 2009 9:54 am

bec, full of sugar.
Aussie Male, 26, 194cm.

Start date: 12/8/2013
Highest - 144.8kg

Current - 141.3kg

Goal - 110kg

3.5kg lost

31.3kg to go
Gordz

Re:

Postby Ally147 » Fri Jan 23, 2009 4:29 pm

chubba momma wrote:I havent found a green tea i like either, i drink far too much tea . would love to hear soem reccomendations fr teh falvoured ones. I tried apple and it wasnt too nice LOL.. might have to try the mint ones

Aww i love the apple one, chilled in the fridge.... makes me want some now!!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wIbKc5e/]
[/url]
Ally147

Postby Annie.J » Thu Feb 12, 2009 12:19 am

I absolutely adore green tea!
My favourites are jasmine green tea, camomile green tea, Japanese green tea, and I also love green tea with roasted rice.
Does anybody know where to get the green tea capsules?
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wNrFX3J/]
Annie.J

Postby waterbaby » Mon Feb 22, 2010 12:18 pm

where do you buy the roasted one with rice and authentic japanese green tea? My supermarket has very little variety...
Rachel - mama of 2 boys (DS7 & 2)
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wVRereJ/]
[/url]
SW 104kg
CW 97.5kg
Goal Weight: 65-68 kg
Working hard now! No room in my life now for half-hearted attempts!
waterbaby

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Tue Feb 23, 2010 10:43 pm

Rachella wrote:where do you buy the roasted one with rice and authentic japanese green tea? My supermarket has very little variety...

I'm lucky in that I have a Japanese supermarket near where I live so I tend to shop there. However, I've bought matcha (powdered green tea) on eBay before and it was okay. You could probably find a website that sells it if you have no luck on eBay. Just Google 'matcha' or 'genmaicha'.
EvilWombatQueen

Postby waterbaby » Wed Feb 24, 2010 8:10 am

Thanks for that... i am also in melbourne. what japanese supermarket do you recommend?? I am happy to travel when needed to stock up as I love Japanese food and need to stock up on seaweed, stock etc...
Rachel - mama of 2 boys (DS7 & 2)
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wVRereJ/]
[/url]
SW 104kg
CW 97.5kg
Goal Weight: 65-68 kg
Working hard now! No room in my life now for half-hearted attempts!
waterbaby

Postby Melissa79 » Sat Feb 27, 2010 11:43 am

Hi everyone. Some one asked is green tea realy working. Answer is YES BUT>>>
It works if you use it properly. I mean it is not enough just drinking tea. You must change your lifestyle.
I will write my simple advice. It is basic but easilly becomes healthy lifestyle and that is just why it works. Here it is:
Main thing is no skiping meals, just a little will and selfcontrol(not overeat). Here it is:
1.Breakfast - Have it soon as you get up.(it shoud be not after 8, supposing you are working)
2.Lunch - 4-5 hours after breakfast (it should be healthy, both proteins and carbon hidrates-NOT FAST FOOD)
3.You should eat some fruits(because of vitamins and minerals your body needs) It is like a sneck between lunch and diner.
4.Diner- not after 18 o'clock.(it should be mostly proteins if not just proteines(fish is great, or find some other source of proteins)
5. Do not eat enything until morning.
Drink more water than usual.
It is that simple in basic. Just be persistant and do not expact overnight weight loss. Many of my students who I told were satisfied. You will just feel healthier.

And about tea. My choice is Slimtea from Teateateas. It is based on green tea but with some ads. The point in drinking tea is just to help lose that extra wather and all unwanted things with it.
That is my wining combination. Halthy lifestyle, more water and some help from tea. Of course you can make science in lifestyle part.
Melissa79

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Sat Feb 27, 2010 1:11 pm

Rachella wrote:Thanks for that... i am also in melbourne. what japanese supermarket do you recommend?? I am happy to travel when needed to stock up as I love Japanese food and need to stock up on seaweed, stock etc...

The one I go to is 'Fujimart' in Elizabeth Street South Yarra. Here's the Google Map location. It's next to the Aldi Supermarket just behind the Prahran Market. They have a good selection of green teas there. I haven't looked for the one with roasted rice, but I'm sure they'd stock it. They also have a shiritaki noodles. They're low-carb noodles made from yam powder. They have only about 20 calories per serving, but have an odd smell and texture that not everyone likes.
EvilWombatQueen

Postby HappyGirl83 » Sat Mar 06, 2010 5:40 pm

I never used to mind green tea...then a friend said to me "green tea taste like fish water!" sounds so stupid but everytime I try and drink it now I taste fish! lol seriously!

I love love love peppermint tea though!!
My journey so far...

Sick and tired of wasting my 20's being fat!!
HappyGirl83

Postby fifi » Sat Jun 05, 2010 6:40 pm

Where abouts can this be found? The Peet's Jasmine Fancy Green Tea - I dont like green tea either but I WANT to change and this might help :)
fifi

Re:

Postby nonijuice » Sun Aug 01, 2010 6:57 pm

madeline wrote:Yep there are a lot of green tea fans on this forum... me for one :wink: I drink it almost every day, it's not doing anything for me weight loss wise, but I still love it for its calming effects. Maybe it depends on how much you have to lose?

Isn't it a bit annoying that green tea turned out to be overrated???
Last edited by EvilWombatQueen on Mon Aug 02, 2010 10:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Advertising link removed
nonijuice

PreviousNext

Return to Home Grown Tips