It is currently Mon Sep 26, 2016 2:38 pm

Free Newsletter

Drink Your Way To Sexiness

Share your weight loss tips here

Moderator: Moderators

Re: Drink Your Way To Sexiness

Postby stevo1 » Sat Sep 18, 2010 7:33 pm

In all honesty folks, the amount of active ingredient (EGCG) that is found in one average cup of green tea is far below what is required for it to have a therapeutic (weight loss) effect. If you had 8-10 cups a day then you might be getting closer to having therapeutic doses of EGCG.

Any weight loss that apparently results from the consumption of a couple of cups of green tea a day are likely to come from the conscious (or subconscious) changes you make to your eating and exercise habits rather than the green tea itself.

Please don't get me wrong, green tea is fantastic stuff and offers a range of health benefits I just can't find any solid science that suggests weight loss coming from drinking a couple of cups a day.
Last edited by EvilWombatQueen on Sat Sep 18, 2010 7:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Links removed. Please refer to forum rules.
stevo1

Postby Awaha » Tue Sep 21, 2010 2:02 pm

For me its a replacement of drinking coffees with sugar...

I used to drink a lot of coffee... each time I would make a big coffee mug with 3 sugars and milk... since I started drinking green tea, I havent touched a cup of coffee....
I dont drink it to loose weight directly, but I guess it does have some benefits with less sugar in my diet :D
http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wFgBXFf/

Pain is temporary. It may last a minute, or an hour, or a day, or a year, but eventually it will subside and something else will take its place. If I quit, however, it lasts forever. ~Lance Armstrong
Awaha

Postby anthonynelson » Wed Sep 22, 2010 9:27 pm

I knew about its abd taste so i had avoided till now. But listening to you people, i think i should also try it so that i will also loose some of my weight.
anthonynelson

Postby kotobird » Wed Oct 06, 2010 7:01 pm

the trick to making green tea taste great - don't use boiling water!!

When you pour boiling water straight on green or white tea, it scalds it and releases the bitter tannins that make it taste bad - properly prepared green tea has a lovely subtle refreshing flavour. You need to use water that's around 80 degrees celsius. I usually just put a little bit of cold water in my mug, then fill it up with boiling water from the kettle, then put the teabag in last. Same applies for a pot of loose leaf tea.

And as far as health benefits go, there's certainly a lot of literature and scientific research around that confirm these benefits - and just look at the longevity of cultures that have traditionally drunk it every day! There's something in that too.

hope that gets you all sipping lovely non-bitter green tea! :D

SW: 83.1
MG 1: 78kg ACHIEVED!
MG 2: 75kg
MG 3: 72.5kg
MG 4: 70kg
Final Goal: 67kg
kotobird

Postby ALosingBattler » Tue Oct 19, 2010 4:54 pm

Hi Everyone

I have started a blog about a 12 week challenge i am currently competing in and it is full of all wild dieas of what has worked and what hasn't. This is a 'Bridget Jones' kind of thing with a side of 'How To' thrown in for good measure. Please check it out, it's all in good fun but I have taken my blog pretty seriously.. I tell the whole truth and nothing but the truth!

http://aweightychallenge-alosingbattler.blogspot.com

Hope to see you there!

ALB
ALosingBattler

Postby chevbrock » Sat Sep 24, 2011 3:09 pm

Anyone can look sexy after a few wines ...
chevbrock

Previous

Return to Home Grown Tips