It is currently Thu Sep 29, 2016 10:53 am

Free Newsletter

water bottle trick

Share your weight loss tips here

Moderator: Moderators

water bottle trick

Postby Ledzeppelin2007 » Thu Sep 27, 2007 4:41 pm

I've found that i drink alot more water when i have a full bottle of water around. I keep one on my computer desk, work locker and school locker. even if i'm not thirsty i see it and think 'i could do with some more water' and i have some. Also when you finish off the bottle fill it up straight away, even if your not thirsty at that moment. You could be later. Just something that i've discovered lately and hope some of you achieve better with my tip
Keep it real
Ledzeppelin2007

Postby MissE » Thu Sep 27, 2007 6:02 pm

I know what you mean, i take a bottle with me everywhere and i keep getting yelled at for having a full glass in my room,one in the kitchen and one in the living room coz if i get comfy i wont ger up to go find one unless im thirsty, whereas if its right there, ill drink it, thirsty or not!
Life is too important to be taken seriously!
MissE

Postby local mike » Thu Sep 27, 2007 6:13 pm

This is the exact method I use, haha. I've found that just having a glass on my desk, or a small bottle, simply isn't enough. I keep a 1.5ltr Coke bottle full of water on my desk, and I refill if I'm going near the kitchen, which is often enough.

Works quite well, I'd say I probably drink close to 3 litres of water a day simply because the bottle's always there, haha.
I has a jogblog!
When you open a can of whoop-ass, Chuck Norris jumps out.
local mike

Postby HappyBella55 » Thu Sep 27, 2007 7:21 pm

Gawd yes this works a treat for me.

If I don't have my 1.5L bottle of water on my desk I struggle to drink at all throughout the day.

Its the whole out of sight out of mind thingy :D
Start weight - 77kgs
Goal weight - 53kgs
Current Weight - 50.1kgs

No more weighing, no more scales. My measurement is my success at health. It's an investment I make every single day. My priority: be healthy!
HappyBella55

Postby tanya » Fri Sep 28, 2007 12:40 pm

Thats an excellent idea. I will have to start keeping a bottle with me all the time :D
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wgVAbhK/]
[/url]

'Changing to a healthier lifestyle'
Mini goal: To get to 85kg!
tanya

Postby Ledzeppelin2007 » Fri Sep 28, 2007 3:37 pm

yeah, like last week for afew days i mispalced [lost :P] my usally bottle and until i purchased a new one i relised that i havent been drinkin as much water as i would have with my bottle. This does make a huge different and if we keep it up it'll become a annoyin habbit. and MissE i get what u mean until i got my bottle i think i had more cups in my room than the kitchen :P
Keep it real
Ledzeppelin2007

Postby Ledzeppelin2007 » Fri Sep 28, 2007 3:42 pm

local mike wrote: I keep a 1.5ltr Coke bottle full of water on my desk,

haha yes.! *highfive* way to put them old coke bottle's to use mate :P good thinking..

just to add like it's funny that 8 cups, cup is 250ml. thats not alot a cup. so like every hr during ur day u gotta have a glass of water. doesnt seem like a big deal but ya no we forget and that. When working it's abit different but yeah i try at my work to keep a bottle outback filled.
Keep it real
Ledzeppelin2007

Postby SarahC » Wed Oct 03, 2007 12:10 pm

I've got a 1.25L bottle of water on my desk at work and usually get through two of those over the working day. At home, I've got glasses of water scattered all over the place.... occasionally I collect them all and wash them :lol: I definitely drink more though at work when my water bottle is right in front of me all day.
SarahC

Postby jeshka » Thu Oct 04, 2007 11:07 pm

i used to struggle to drink just one 600ml bottle of water, now at my new job we have cold filtered water, it tastes sooo much better than regular crappy tapwater, and every time i finish my bottle, i fill it back up again - i've been drinking almost 2 full bottles now (ok still not much but i'm getting there!!)
jeshka

Postby Fireball » Fri Oct 05, 2007 1:18 am

In the summer I keep a plastic bottles of various sizes with water in the freezer - fill them approx 1/3 full of water (in really hot water 1/2 full) and lie the bottles on an incline so they dont freeze the lid closed. Just before I go out I grab one and top it up with water. This helps keep me cool & hydrated. It cuts out the temptation to buy softdrink on the spur of the moment too.

"Unknowingly, we plow the dust of the stars, blown about us by the wind, and drink the universe in a glass of rain."
Ihab Hassan
Fireball

Postby Viki1 » Thu Jan 03, 2008 2:29 pm

Fireball wrote:In the summer I keep a plastic bottles of various sizes with water in the freezer - fill them approx 1/3 full of water (in really hot water 1/2 full) and lie the bottles on an incline so they dont freeze the lid closed. Just before I go out I grab one and top it up with water. This helps keep me cool & hydrated. It cuts out the temptation to buy softdrink on the spur of the moment too.

This is what I do with the kids too :D You are so right about taking the temptation away to buy soft drinks, and the kids don't nag for a drink so I save money too :)
This is the year that is for me. I will be doing what "I" need to do for me and me alone.
Viki1

Re: water bottle trick

Postby leeni.s2 » Tue Feb 12, 2008 4:02 pm

that's a really good tip. every night i fill up at 2l bottle of water so it's cool the next day. and i always bring it out when i wake up and if it's right in front of me i'll drink it.
just reading all the replies above, i've polished off the rest of the water in my bottle.
off to refill again.

start date; 15 feb 08
first mini goal: 88kg ; much needed haircut. - accomplished
second mini goal: 80kg ; not sure yet
leeni.s2

Postby LaurenJ » Tue Feb 19, 2008 1:11 am

We also have a filtered water machine at work. My water bottle is 750mls, and I drink one before 10am, another one by 2pm, and half of a third by the time I finish work at 3.30, I then fill it up and take one home with me. My second job involves taking a handicapped girl out once a week, and we used to finish off the evening with a sundae at McDonalds, but shes overweight too, so this isnt good for either of us.... it was really cool recently when she decided she wanted a water bottle like mine so I gave her the choice of that or a sundae, now we stop at a petrol station on the way home and she chooses a bottled water...... every week.
Image Me BeforeImageMe After
LaurenJ

Postby seal » Sun Apr 06, 2008 10:09 am

I also do this. If I didn't I wouldn't drink any water at all. When my partner sees me having a drink and then another, he says that I can't be thirsty.

Drinking water can become a habit but a good habit. As long as you don't drink way to much.
My Reasons To Lose Weight

To be healthy
To be able to buy nice clothes
To be as sexy as friends have said I am
seal

Postby chunkymunky » Fri Jul 04, 2008 12:12 am

i used to find that when i was a bad eater i would go on a water detox and drink 2ltrs of water a day and would loose five kilos almost straight away. Of coarse it came right back, but now i carry a 1 ltr bottle every where cos it looks small and i think 'I only have to finish it twice and thats it for today' and after a while you find that you need all that water. Thirst is actually a sign of dehydration. We should be drinking and topping up before we feek thirsty.
chunkymunky

Next

Return to Home Grown Tips