It is currently Sat Dec 03, 2016 5:47 pm

Free Newsletter

daughter just started tony f

Share your weight loss tips here

Moderator: Moderators

daughter just started tony f

Postby sandrah » Sat Oct 13, 2007 7:50 pm

my 19 year old daughter who has very poor eating habits has just started t f program 2 days ago-this program is not for me as i prefer to eat more variety and count calories but she only likes foods high in carbs-pasta, bread and chocolate-was very athletic and gave up due to medical problem and kept on eating the way she could when she used to train!!
she is very determined and likes the taste of the chocolate and vanilla shakes-this satisfies her sweet cravings. she is not allowed any of her old foods on this diet and has discovered that she actually enjoys veges, fruit and protein.
great kick start for her-will probably only stay on t f for about 4 weeks and then just eat sensibly.
now to the point-she LOVES icecream so i decided to make up the shake for her as directed and then stick it in the freezer-voila-icecream!!!! tastes pretty good (not blue ribbon quality but a change from the shake)-so anyone on any of these shake programs-give it a try-might break the boredom.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wwfno2C/]
[/url]
sandrah

Postby sandrah » Sat Oct 13, 2007 7:52 pm

oops, sorry just posted this in the wrong sectiion of the forum-can it be moved??????sorry all!!
[/url]
sandrah

Postby kate_turner2000 » Sat Oct 13, 2007 9:04 pm

hey sandrah moved it for you! best wishes for your daughter i hope she does well on it. great tip about the freezing. we should be getting the cs shakes this week and i might keep that tip in mind :)
kate_turner2000

Postby sandrah » Sat Oct 13, 2007 9:18 pm

thanks kate, what would we all do without you!!!!
[/url]
sandrah

Postby Jisgone » Sat Oct 13, 2007 10:05 pm

ooh i have some cf shakes sitting in the cupboard i might try this with :)
Jisgone

Postby electrongirl » Sat Oct 13, 2007 11:04 pm

I've got some TF ones too! Sounds yum!
Nikki - Aussie girl living in the USA with her soul mate. My blog: http://aus2usa.blogspot.com/

Image Image
electrongirl

Postby Playboy_bunny » Wed Oct 17, 2007 9:23 pm

sounds like its really working for her, thats great :)
Image•·.·´¯`·.·•Gracie•·.·´¯`·.·•
Playboy_bunny

Re: daughter just started tony f

Postby LaurenJ » Tue Feb 19, 2008 11:50 am

I started doing tf, and lost a bunch of weight quickly, when I stuck to it, but found it very restrictive. The hardest part for me was giving up coffee, this is not allowed on tf. I still have a few dozen of the shakes in the cupboard, and may use them soon to kick start another weight loss spurt. Diet jellies are also allowed on tf, their own brand are a bit more expensive than supermarket diet ones, but much nicer. TF also does soups, but Im not a fan of packet soups. I believe the shakes will thicken into a pudding like consistency if just left in the fridge for a period of time, and its also possible to mix a shake with a jelly for a milk jelly like dessert.
Image Me BeforeImageMe After
LaurenJ

Postby manoman » Mon Mar 31, 2008 6:03 pm

That's an excellent tip about freezing. I may have to do that myself with another brand. :D
Just starting out. Let's see how it goes!
SW: 135 kg
CW: 135 kg
GW: 100 kg
manoman

Postby tzad2000 » Mon Jun 09, 2008 11:45 am

I have been doing the freezing myself. Because I work a few days a week I make a double shake the night before. A banana a few strawberries, milk & double the shake mix, blend & into the freezer in goes ready for work the next day. I'll have half at breakfast half at lunchtime.
Heres another thing I'v been trying and I loved it.
2 medium pieces of fruit either canned or fresh into your blender, your shake mix a dash of milk just enough to make it into a paste then mix it into some low fat vanilla or fruit yogurt + a hand full of muesli for some crunch. This is a great alternative to the shake & you can have it either hot or cold. This receipe is with the Admin Censored diet, I'm sure you could change it to suit Tony F or what ever you are doing.
:D
START YOUR JOURNEY TO GREATER HEALTH TODAY!!
http://www.journey2greathealth.org
tzad2000

Postby hippy_chick » Wed Jul 02, 2008 7:16 am

That's a really great idea with the freezing.

I lost about 5kg with shakes, Optislim and Optifast. Unfortunately they don't have them here where I'm living, so I have to do this the old fashioned way, haha.

Shakes can be quite controversial in terms of the restrcitions they impose and the fact that you can't live on shakes all of your life! I think you hit the nail on the head though when you said this was a good kick start.

Personally, I find it easier to eat well when I am happy with my weight. A lot of the reasons I eat junk are probably due to being unhappy with myself (Catch 22!) So once I lost the weight on the shake diet, I maintained that weight for 6 months after that through eating normally. Having said that, I've put it back on and more... but... I think that is more to do with the truckloads of junk I've been doing and the lack of excerise.
Slow & Steady Wins the Race!

I'm imformed, committed & consistant. I'm loving my body & working towards a sustainable body, the healthy way.

Persistance will set you free.
hippy_chick

Return to Home Grown Tips