It is currently Sat Dec 03, 2016 5:02 am

Free Newsletter

Thursday 26/1

Share and keep track of what you eat each day to help you lose weight.

Moderator: Moderators

Thursday 26/1

Postby Fairie » Thu Jan 26, 2006 7:40 am

Breakfast
Sure Slim Ceral
Strawberries

Lunch
2 Boiled Eggs
Lettuce Salad
-Fay-

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wSDGUdx/]
[/url]
Fairie

Postby Dolly » Thu Jan 26, 2006 10:02 am

Breakfast
3 weet-bix
1 teaspoon sugar

Lunch
bbq steak
salad
bread roll
Dolly

Postby Fairie » Thu Jan 26, 2006 9:40 pm

I was so hot here today (42), I didn't finish work till about 8pm and was to tired to do much for Dinner so I just had a 1/4 BBQ Chook and a slice of wheat & yeast free soughdough bread with tomato.
-Fay-

[/url]
Fairie

Postby Dolly » Fri Jan 27, 2006 12:06 am

You did better than I did Fay, My daughter is heading back to a remote outback town to teach tomorrow morning and insisted we all have a nando's as our farewell meal (they don't have take out in Mt Magnet, they don't even have a doctors or hospital there :shock: )
Dolly

Postby Fairie » Fri Jan 27, 2006 7:33 pm

Wow, I thought I used to live in the "Outback" as a kid but at least we had a Doctor.
-Fay-

[/url]
Fairie

Postby Dolly » Fri Jan 27, 2006 8:00 pm

I know, I'm pretty scared because she is an insulin dependant diabetic and she went into a low sugar coma last year.

Luckily her boyfriend found her unconcious on the floor and poured some honey down her cheek and revived her (she still had to go to school to teach as they hadn't flown a replacement teacher up from Perth)
One year earlier she caught hepatitis A from one of her little aboriginal boys she was teaching.
It caused a lot of pain on her liver (and possibly some damage) months before she was back to normal. The education department only gave her 5 days off (sick leave) The doctor here in Perth wanted her to have 4 weeks off but they said no.

The education department sent her to the difficult to teach remote bush school for 2 years and promised her a position in the suburbs when she has done her time, but it turned out they lied. She tried to get back into the suburbs to teach but they said there are no positions vacant (even though we know of teachers that have not done their time in the bush yet and are teaching in the bush)
So that she wouldn't be unemployed she is now doing her fourth year teaching in Mt Magnet, gold mining town in WA.

She is applying to every school to get out of there and get closer to home and near a doctors.
Actually I think Mt magnet might have a visiting doctor, but he does a 200 kilometre radius (checking on all the aboriginal communities) so he's hardly ever in town.

The minister of health last year is now our new state premier, he did a lousy job of looking after WA's teachers lets hope he does a better job of looking after our state.
Dolly

Postby Fairie » Sat Jan 28, 2006 12:53 pm

That is really bad Dolly, and the Teachers in the city whinge how bad they have it.

Maybe she could shame the Education Department by telling her story to WA's Current Affairs program.
-Fay-

[/url]
Fairie

Postby Dolly » Sat Jan 28, 2006 2:24 pm

Funny you should say that, she said to me yesterday if they try and stick her in the outback for a fifth year, she would go to a current affairs show and tell them what's going on.

There is only one shop in Mt Magnet, it's a tiny grocery store the meat was old and the vegies are limp and very pricey. But it's funny that they have 3 large pubs to cater for the gold miners.
Dolly

Postby Butterfly_Dawn » Mon Jan 30, 2006 10:00 am

Sounds like a shite situation.

Thursday I had.

Breakfast
2 slices of toast with peanut butter and vegemite, some strawberried and cherries

Snack
scroggin

Lunch
6inch tuna sub and a nudie icypole

Dinner
BBQ - 2 sausages, 2 prawn kebabs, salad (including some rice salad) and a cob of corn.

2lt of water approx
35kg lost. (November 2005 - October 2006)
15kg gained again (as at October 2010).
Back to the drawing board - Let's do this thing!

"You can't change the winds, but you can change the sails"

"Reach out and take control of what lands in your lap"

Butterfly_Dawn

Return to Daily Food Diary