It is currently Mon Dec 05, 2016 7:25 pm

Free Newsletter

Sarah's Food Diary 18/11 - 24/11

Share and keep track of what you eat each day to help you lose weight.

Moderator: Moderators

Sarah's Food Diary 18/11 - 24/11

Postby SarahC » Tue Nov 20, 2007 10:50 am

Ok, I'm having another shot at the 7-day soup diet! I have been so far out of control with my eating recently that it's not funny. I just don't know how to go from "completely out of control" to "completely reasonable"... so this is my idea. Strip back to bare minimum, clear out the system, and then start afresh. I went really well on this diet last time, lost 1.5kg and felt pretty good at the end. Here's hoping for similar success this time around :D

This is what I did last time, just for the sake of comparison:
http://www.weightloss.com.au/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2025

Here's my first two days -

Day 1: Sunday 18 November
Breakfast - Bran Plus * & a small apple
Snack - Watermelon
Lunch - Pumpkin soup (hadn't finished making the diet soup lol)
Snack - Small apple, Prunes x3, Almonds x10 *
Dinner - Diet soup
Snacks - Diet jelly, Diet rice custard *, Small nectarine, 15g dried goji berries, Sugar free caramels x5

I've made a few variations to the diet (marked with *). I'm having bran for brekky as I haven't yet worked my way up to having diet soup! I've also added the diet custards as a treat, and some almonds for essential fats.

Day 2: Monday 19 November

Breakfast - Bran Plus, Diet rice custard *
Lunch - Diet soup, 1/2 diet jelly
Snacks - Carrots x2, Watermelon x3pc, Small serve pumpkin soup, Big salad w. almonds and flaxseed oil, Prunes x3
Dinner - Diet soup, 1/2 diet jelly
Snacks - Tiny little apple, Sugar free caramels x5, Steamed Cauli & Broccoli, Small glass of soy milk

I was at home yesterday on an RDO, so there was a few extra snacks in there, but not too bad overall. I felt pretty good on Sunday, but definitely started feeling the effects yesterday :(

Day 3: Tuesday 20 November

Overnight - Cauliflower cakes * (my mum made them... yum!)
Pre-workout - Small nectarines x2
Breakfast - Bran Plus
Snacks - Natural yoghurt 100g *, Watermelon x4pc, Small serve pumpkin soup
Lunch - Diet soup
Snacks - Small salad (no dressing, forgot to put it on this morning, what an idiot lol), Carrot & celery sticks, Small apple, Sugar free caramels
Dinner - Diet soup
Snacks - Almonds x12 *, Diet jelly, Steamed veg (maybe, if I'm still hungry)

Not that I'm counting or anything... but, 6000kJ (shhh don't tell anyone I told you :lol: ). Not many kJ's for so much food :shock:
Last edited by SarahC on Tue Nov 20, 2007 11:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
SarahC

Postby lng86 » Tue Nov 20, 2007 11:19 am

Do you make the diet rice custard yourself?

It sounds yummy!
To succeed you need to find something to hold on to, something to motivate you, something to inspire you - Myself (Lauren)
lng86

Postby SarahC » Tue Nov 20, 2007 11:31 am

No... I think my friends at Nestle may have helped out with that one. They're the ones in the little tubs, in with all the diet choc mousses and that :)
SarahC

Postby Playboy_bunny » Tue Nov 20, 2007 8:00 pm

oooh good luck with it sarah! :D
Image•·.·´¯`·.·•Gracie•·.·´¯`·.·•
Playboy_bunny

Postby zeedeveelgirl » Tue Nov 20, 2007 8:59 pm

Good job, Sarah :D It's always interesting reading different food diaries! Hope you're not feeling too poorly from the detox effects.
zeedeveelgirl

Postby Sas » Wed Nov 21, 2007 10:06 am

keep up the good work chickie.

Good luck for the rest of the week! :)
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wCSA5VJ/]
Sas

Postby SarahC » Wed Nov 21, 2007 2:48 pm

Thanks guys :D

I think I'm really starting to feel the effects now. Just extremely tired, and in a reaaallly crappy mood today.... or maybe it's just the cold and rain :?

Anyway.....

Day 4: Wednesday 21 November

Overnight - Velish veggie soup * :roll:
Snack - Fatblaster shake
Breakfast - Banana smoothie w. soy milk & protein
Snacks - Banana, Small serve pumpkin soup, Almonds x15 *
Lunch - Steamed veg, Bran Plus 45g *
Snack - Diet soup, sugar free caramels x4
Dinner - Diet soup
Snack - Diet jelly, Watermelon, Soy milk 250mL

A much higher kJ day... 6800kJ. It's those little *... starting to infect my beautiful food diary :evil: I'll just blame that on the cold and the rain too, as I couldn't eat the salad I had planned, it's just too cold to eat cold things!!

Planning on a bit extra cardio later tonight to maybe help make up for it (and to warm up!!).

Snuck on the scales this morning (bad, I know). 51.9kg, down from 52.5kg on day 1. Woo hoo :roll:
SarahC

Postby zeedeveelgirl » Wed Nov 21, 2007 8:22 pm

Sorry to hear you're feeling crappy, Sarah!! :( Weather here has turned cold and verrrry windy too, it's a definite mood-killer!
It is too cold to eat cold things.. how bout some nice warming vege soup or something?
HAHAH omg.. I honestly didn't just click as to what I just said. Um der, soup diet. I'm sure you're having enough soup :P
zeedeveelgirl

Postby SarahC » Thu Nov 22, 2007 9:34 am

:lol: Yes I'm definitely getting through the soup! Made a second batch of it last night. I discovered frozen beans! I reckon I saved at least half an hour of washing and cutting up damn beans, woo hoo. Think I might be buying them more often :D

We have a work experience student here at the moment, and looks like I have been left to entertain her! I don't even have enough work for myself, let alone trying to find stuff for her to do as well :shock: So I had her sitting next to me looking over my shoulder continually for the last two days... it sucks so badly!!! Now, she's out today (someone else is taking care of her) BUT the back wall of my office is being removed... I have workers IN MY OFFICE.... DRILLING!!! :roll: If it's not one thing, it's another :evil:

Anyway, the plan for the day

Day 5: Thursday 22 November

Overnight - Almonds x12 * :roll:
Breakfast - Tofu w. half can of tomatoes, Bran plus 40g
Snacks - Watermelon x4pc, Salad
Lunch - Diet soup
Snacks - Another lot of tofu w. tomatoes, Carrot & celery sticks
Dinner - Diet soup
Snacks - Diet jelly, Sugar free lollies, a few prunes

A milder day on the kilojoule front, provided I don't go overboard tonight, around the 5500 - 6000kJ mark. Didn't go to the gym this morning, just worked out at home, so probably just as well :)
Last edited by SarahC on Fri Nov 23, 2007 8:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
SarahC

Postby zeedeveelgirl » Thu Nov 22, 2007 7:36 pm

Eurgh, how incredibly annoying to have a work experience kid hanging around like a bad smell :( :( Hope you get your privacy and peace and quiet back soon!!!

Definitely looks like a better day, mate! You're doing really well, hang in there!!!
zeedeveelgirl

Postby SarahC » Fri Nov 23, 2007 8:51 am

Thanks Em! Yes it is incredibly annoying. If I had work for her to do it would be alright... but I look like such an idiot having nothing to do :( She is not here at the moment, so here's hoping!

My run of diet success ended last night. I went to the shops and those damn HPLC bars were on special. So, I bought one (of course) thinking it will come in handy as I have a two-day seminar on next week. I ate the whole thing last night when I woke up around midnight. MAD :evil: Plus I weighed half a kilo more today than I did yesterday, I guess I deserved that.

Anyway, rant over. Picking myself up and dusting myself off (although it's hard, my office is filled with construction dust... really! :roll: )

Day 6: Friday 23 November

Overnight: HPLC bar*
Breakfast: Bran plus
Snacks: Almonds*, Watermelon, Carrot & celery sticks
Lunch: Diet soup
Snacks: Salad w. tuna, Velish soup
Dinner: Either more diet soup, or a tuna steak with steamed veggies, haven't decided yet
Snacks: Diet jelly, plus more I'm sure!

Minus that stupid protein bar which I'm ignoring, shouldn't go over 6000kJ today.
SarahC

Postby zeedeveelgirl » Fri Nov 23, 2007 6:31 pm

Yeah I can imagine Sarah, I know how hard it is to look busy (I have had bugger all to do at work for the past 6 weeks!!), let alone try to look after someone else at the same time!!!

Oopsies, bugger about the HPLC bar!! But now you know you can't have 'em in the house!!! You've been doing great so far though :)
zeedeveelgirl

Postby SarahC » Mon Nov 26, 2007 9:59 am

Stupid protein bars :roll: Pleased to announce that I bought another one on Saturday morning, and I still have not eaten it! Wednesday I'm eating it :twisted:

I let the diet slip a bit on Saturday night. I blame it on the fact that it was the last night, plus I was forced to sit in front of the television for a VERY long time watching the election (how long did that take :roll: ). I won't post my diary for the last day, would be a bit silly....

Anyway... final result: 51.7kg. Down from 52.5kg, so that's a loss of 0.8kg. Nowhere near the result I got last time (1.4kg), but I did eat a bit more this time, and I think last time I was doing double cardio as well.

Back to the drawing board I go :roll:
SarahC

Postby zeedeveelgirl » Mon Nov 26, 2007 3:04 pm

YAY, well done for not eating the protein bar :D That's something to look forward to for Wednesday now!

Eurgh, I don't blame you for wanting to go nuts with food watching the Election. What did you go and submit yourself to that for? :P :P :wink: :wink:

Good luck girl, you can so do this!!

Em xoxo
zeedeveelgirl

Postby SarahC » Mon Nov 26, 2007 3:35 pm

Thanks Em. Yes the election was long and boring... but I had to keep watching!! And eating :roll:
SarahC

Next

Return to Daily Food Diary