It is currently Sun Dec 11, 2016 10:47 pm

Free Newsletter

Girlingumboots' food diary

Share and keep track of what you eat each day to help you lose weight.

Moderator: Moderators

Girlingumboots' food diary

Postby girlingumboots » Sun Aug 10, 2008 11:21 pm

Sunday August 10:
Breakfast: Small tin of baked beans.
Lunch: Tomato soup.
Dinner: Chicken schnitzel with salsa and low-fat grated cheese, carrots, small corn on the cob, brussels sprouts with balsamic vinegar and bacon (3/4 rasher rindless bacon), five french fries stolen from a friends plate (still better than having my own plate!)
Snacks: An orange after lunch, approx. half a dozen chicos and a chocolate wheaten at supper, small amount of tinned fruit salad.
Drinks: Water.

Tonight was my halls weekly supper, which is why the chicos and choclate biscuit made this list. I'm thinking I'll make Sunday night my treat night though, because I can't really say no to free food! Otherwise I'm pretty happy with how I went today- I'm trying to go slowly and keep my eating habits sustainable, rather than losing weight really quickly and then gaining it back just as fast!
girlingumboots

Re: Girlingumboots' food diary

Postby girlingumboots » Mon Aug 11, 2008 9:51 pm

Monday August 11-
Breakfast: 1 small naan bread with a tablespoon of cottage cheese, low fat mayo, and an egg (fried in cooking spray).
Lunch: Tomato soup.
Dinner: Egg and sausage pastry with tomato sauce, last nights leftover vegies (small corn on the cob, carrots, brussels sprouts with balsamic vinegar and a little bit of rindless bacon), small sliver of naan with tomato pasta sauce, carrot and cheese stolen from a friends plate.
Snacks: 1 cup of soy milk chai latte with 2 tsp brown sugar and a tiny bit of honey.
Drinks: Water.

Okay, so overall I'm pretty happy, didn't go too nuts today. I think I need to cut back on the sugar/honey in my chai (which I wouldn't normally have, but a friend bought it for me, and to be honest, I'm glad I had it because I nearly bought myself banana bread instead). Also beginning to get the idea that I'm a social eater (also a social drinker, but that pattern will become apparent later in the week)- today I had the chai and the naan, yesterday some french fries and the supper. It's only small amounts, but I'm sure that in the last 18 months it's been steadily building up on my ar$e, so I think I'm going to try not to 'sample' anyone elses food at dinner for a while (oh, just remembered, also ate 1 piece of pasta from my friends plate last night), even though every time they offer, the little voice in my head goes "Ding! Better try some, don't want to offend!" Probably will still try to factor in the weekly supper and occasional chai though, those I actually look forward to as treats/ proper social things. Also, need to healthy up the dinners a little.
girlingumboots

Postby girlingumboots » Tue Aug 12, 2008 4:29 pm

Filling it out early today, so I'm not tempted to stray from my plan!
Tuesday August 12-
Breakfast: 1 small tub of lemon yoghurt, half a cup of tinned fruit salad, small amount (really just a mouthful, I wanted to finish it off!) of pineapple juice.
Lunch: Salad with lettuce, carrot, cabbage, capsicum, sweet chilli sauce. 2 mushroom 'mini-pizzas' with tomato paste, sweet corn, capsicum, diced pineapple, bacon and low fat cheese (very small amounts of each)
Snack: Beef noodle cup-of-soup.
Dinner: Another salad (as at lunch), 1 baked potato with cheese spread, 1 small corn on the cob.
Dessert: 1 pear.
girlingumboots

Postby girlingumboots » Mon Aug 18, 2008 4:27 pm

Haven't posted for a few days because I've been at my parents' house and lets just say, I went a little crazy and pigged out. It's been a stressful week. Back to the good stuff today though!

Monday August 18-
Breakfast: Small bowl of Just Right with skim milk.
Morning tea: Soy milk chai with honey, boysenberry muffin from the vegetarian cafe on campus (it tasted very healthy :p)
Lunch: Salad with carrot, red cabbage, iceberg lettuce, 30g cheese, two small slices of low fat chicken loaf, sweet chili sauce (YUM!)

Haven't decided what I'm eating for dinner yet, it's a toss up between vegetarian sausage curry with veggies and a baked potato, pepper beef (made with one of those little sizzle steaks from Safeway) with veggies and rice, and a chicken Caesar salad (made with low fat bacon, a chicken schnitzel from the freezer, low fat Caesar dressing and a sprinkling of Parmesan cheese- probably not the healthiest option but yummy!) If anyone reads this in time, put in your vote for my dinner :p
girlingumboots

Postby girlingumboots » Mon Aug 18, 2008 7:50 pm

Went with the pepper beef- disappointing, the sauce was kind of gross which was sad because it looked really good and then it tasted bad. Ate about half a serve (and I usually finish everything on my plate!) and gave up. Also, just ate a square of peppermint chip belgian chocolate to get the taste of dinner out of my mouth. Much better!
girlingumboots

Return to Daily Food Diary