It is currently Wed Dec 07, 2016 9:38 pm

Free Newsletter

Fairycakes food diary.

Share and keep track of what you eat each day to help you lose weight.

Moderator: Moderators

Fairycakes food diary.

Postby fairycakes » Sun Aug 17, 2008 2:23 pm

Hi everyone :D I am new here! A bit about myself:- I am 28, F, registered nurse who works in recovery room and anaesthetics. I am 162cms tall and currently weigh 63.5kg. About 2 years ago I was at my highest weight of 72kg. I got down to about 59kg by calorie counting (1200 cals per day) and walking a lot. Then we went away on holidays to the USA and I put on a few kilos!:) I am pretty happy with my weight, but I felt more comfortable at about 60kgs, so I am trying to loose about 3.5kgs. The problem is I have tried everything and it dosn't seem to want to shift!!! I get really annoyed at times because I eat so healthily and excercise more than most people I know and it wont' budge. Then I see a some of the nurses at work who are slim hoeing into scones with butter, sausage rolls and chocolate.....I know this is not healthy and it will catch up with them eventually, but I NEVER can eat things like that without putting on weight. My exercise consists of at least 4 big 1.5 hr walks per week, and the walking route I do has huge hills so I am not just walking on the flat. I also do weights a few times a week and I work 4 10-12 hr shifts per week where I am standing and rushing around non stop all day.
I have given in.....I swore I would never do them shake diets....but I am trying meditrim ......just started!
Previous to this my daily diet would be:-

BFAST:- Small bowl (1/4 cup dry oats cooked) with skim milk .
M'tea :- 1 medium pear, cup of tea with skim.
Lunch:- Wholemeal salad roll with light cheese
Afternoon tea:- another fruit:- pear or apple or mandarin.
Dinner:- minestrone soup with grainy roll
OR
1 cup basmati rice with heaps of veggies and a tin of salmon
OR
1 small jacket potato with no fat cottage cheese, veggies and a small piece of meat (I.e chicken breast/steak).

I didn't loose ANYTHING eating this (I have been eating like this and sticking to it since last xmas) It is about 1200-1300 cals per day.

Now my new regime is ( this is what I ate yesterday).

BFAST:- 1 meditrim strawberry shake.

no morning tea because I was not at work.
LUNCH:-1 meditrim strawberry shake
1 pear
8 almonds
1 cup of tea with skim

AFTERNOON TEA:-1 small red apple
5 almonds
2 strawberries.
DINNER:- 1 tin of minestrone soup
2 corn mountain wraps with alfalfa, tomato, light philly, celery, capsicum.
1 diet raspberry jelly.
1 small glass white dry wine.

EXERCISE:- 1.5 hrs strenuous walking carrying heavy shopping and then heavy dog:)

Gosh, I am soooo disallusioned, why can't I loose weight!
Maybe I do need the extra protein in the drinks? Maybe this will speed things up? I don't believe in the really low carb diets, because being a nurse I have seen people with kidney damage from it:(
Anyway, will continue to post my food here to see what is going on:)
Sorry such a loooong post!

I Just don't know what to do!!! Hopefully the protein drinks will help???
url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wnxqJvT/]
[/url]
fairycakes

Re: Fairycakes food diary.

Postby fairycakes » Sun Aug 17, 2008 8:00 pm

Ok, here is todays food:-

B- Meditrim strawberry shake- 140cals (yummy by the way, and kept me quite full until dinner really!)
medium pear- approx 70 cals

Snack:-5 strawberries, 8 almonds.= approx 100cals

L- nestle diet fromage frais-75 cals

snack- 12 almonds- approx 85cals
6 blueberries= approx 12 cals

D- 1 salmon steak grilled- approx 280 cals
mixed veggies/ broccoli- approx 100 cals (I had lots..all green ones though).
maggie cheese sauce- approx 80 cals
diet jelly approx 30 cals
small glass red wine
Total for day was approx 1120 cals.
I didn't walk today as I was feeling really unwell with a cold.....just the usual daily cleaning of the house and I walked around shopping for a few hours.
fairycakes

Postby Shalimar » Sun Aug 17, 2008 9:58 pm

Hi Fairycakes, I just wanted to say hello and welcome :D .

SW: 175.0 kgs.
CW: 62 kgs-Hit goal 12 September 2009.
Shalimar

Postby fairycakes » Mon Aug 18, 2008 1:46 pm

Hello everyone!
I was pretty satisfied with my meals yesterday, and didn't feel hungry until late at night (11pm) but just went to bed:)

This morning I weighed in at 63 kg. This is the lowest I have achieved all year, so this food plan must be doing something.....although I am sure it is just fluid at the moment. When I looked back at my calorie king from a few weeks ago, I was well within my calorie allowance of 1200 cals, however the total protein for the day was only about 15%. On this plan it is about 30%. Ok, so on to my food for today (I will put in my plan for all day).

BFAST- Meditrim strawberry shake (I think I could get addicted to these sooo yum....will try the choc and choc mint when I go shopping tomorrow)

LUNCH- Meditrim strawberry shake
8 almonds
1 medium green pear.
750mls of water with a splash of diet appleberry cordial.

SNACK:-1 small blood orange
5 almonds
750mls of water with diet cordial as above.

DINNER:- 1 thin chicken breast (It is called a minute chicken steak because it is thin) marinated in red wine and garlic.....will do it on my new George
Forman grill
a couple of servings of vegetables (beans, broccoli, capsicum, water chestnuts)
A splash of maggie chicken gravy.
750mls of water with diet cordial (750mls is my water bottle size:) :P

SNACK:- Diet raspberry jelly with a few blueberries.
cup of tea with skim.

Total cals according to calorie king= 900. Is this ok to be a bit under?

I am going to Disney World in Florida USA in 8 weeks, so I reeeaally hope I can get down to 60kgs before I go, just because I know I will prob put on a few kgs while on my holidays.....this is the reason I am doing this.....I would rather loose some now and put some on again than not bother and just get heavier. I guess at least I am aware that I may put some on and thus I am doing something about it now....I.e would rather go from 60kgs to say 63kgs than 63kgs to 66kgs!!! :D
[/url]
fairycakes

Postby matchbox » Mon Aug 18, 2008 1:54 pm

hey fairycakes, you're doing really well! as to the calories, you should never go under 1200, that's the baseline of cals that our bodies need to function, and any lower than that, our body thinks that we're starving so holds onto more fat - not good! try with some healthy snacks like nuts, avocado etc

how many cals has calorie king given you? i weigh about 60kg and its given me 1260, thats for not active as well. yours should be a little higher than mine, een if its not much more!
Have FAITH in yourself
matchbox

Postby SarahC » Mon Aug 18, 2008 10:34 pm

Hi Fairycakes, welcome! You sound just like me, with the few extra kilos that just won't go away. I also can't eat hardly anything, and do loads of excercise :evil:

Sounds like Meditrim is going well. Maybe some extra snacks to get up to 1200cal. Is Meditrim the one that you get at the chemist... that has the Well Naturally protein bars??? If it is, get those! They are yummmmmyyy :D
SarahC

Postby fairycakes » Tue Aug 19, 2008 11:09 pm

Hello everyone! I have just got home from a loooonggg day in recovery room, 12 hrs to be exact :shock: It was my first work day on this plan.

BFAST- 1 meditrim strawberry shake, a few blueberries, tea with skim.(150 cals)
MORNING TEA (eaten while the others scoffed down scones and butter and the sandwich platters that we are given in theatre)....1 medium pear, 12 almonds, tea with skim. (190 cals) (I reckon they shoul have a seperate dining room for those who can't eat the yummy goodies.....it is sooo hard).

LUNCH- 1 small tin minestrone soup (60cals), 1 meditrim shake (150cals) tea with skim.(Eaten in front of someone who was scoffing a huge yummy quiche....no fair) :roll:

AFTERNOON TEA-Didn't get this, as one of the Surgeons nicked a major artery during an op and all hell broke loose.....we were running around like headless chooks making up infusions, getting blood etc.

DINNER:- 2 of those really thin wholemeal mountain bread wraps (120cals)with 1 grilled piece of very thin chicken breast that was marinated by me in soy and balsamic and garlic put on the wraps(approx 200?). 1 slice of kraft light cheese broken up between the 2 wraps and alfalfa, lettuce and a tablespoon of light dip. YUM.(60cals)
1 large tin of minestrone soup.(200cals)

WHAT I AVOIDED:- After the big emergency, one of the lovely nurses went and bought a whole load of chocolate (aero, cadbury etc) and broke it all up into our lolly basket to reward us after the stressful event. Lovely of her, but I resisted because I just knew if I started I would not be able to stop :twisted: . It is hard though when people know you are trying to avoid that type of food, but try to push it on you.

I felt I did pretty well today, but it is hard when you are craving and everyone around you are scoffing sweeties :cry:
Total for today approx 1150.
[/url]
fairycakes

Postby Shalimar » Wed Aug 20, 2008 10:12 am

19-08-08

Lunch; Kavli (3)
laughing cow cheese spread
cherry tomatoes/ gherkin
Meringue nest/aerosol lite cream/strawberries/passionfruit

Snack; 1/2 a slim secrets bar
chicken noodle soup sachet (packet)

Tea; chevapchichi mountain bread wrap with garlic/minted yoghurt

Snack; celery
choc mousse/strawberries

I had a bit of a hungry day :) .

Shalimar

Postby fairycakes » Wed Aug 20, 2008 7:36 pm

Ok todays food;

BREAKFAST- 1 banana meditrim shake (140cals)
750mls water with a splash of diet cordial

LUNCH- 1 banana meditrim shake(140cals)
12 almonds (85cals)
1 large pear (approx 90cals)
1 cup of tea with skim
750mls water with splash of diet cordial.

AFTERNOON TEA- 1 small royal gala apple.
more water

DINNER- 1 tin of vegetable and pasta soup (190 cals)
2 thin mountain bread wholemeal wraps (120 cals)
half a tin of tomato and onion light tuna on wraps (40 cals)
a table spoon of light dip on wraps (20 cals)
diet rasperry jelly. (35 cals)
small glass dry white wine (80cals)

TOTAL approx 1132 according to calorie king. (A bit lowish I know)
EXERCISE:- Brisk 30 min walk (usually do an hour at least but I am still not feeling the best after a cold) with my gorgeous fur baby.

I found it reeeealllly hard today, it is day five of this plan and I am craving like mad for a good feed:) I want chocolate, I want cake, I want pasta etc.
But I resisted! However I am feeling a wee bit irritable and grumpy again today....I was just going to have a small piece of steak with my soup tonight, but I think I needed the wraps for some carbs.
I really am trying soooo hard to make it to Friday...that will be 7 days of the plan. I am going to have to have a treat on Fri as I have the day off and am going out for morning tea at the local Uni that I will be teaching some nursing at.....I am also going to have an apple cake that I have been dying for all week and prob some takeaway! I hope this will be ok! Do you think it would wreck all my hard work if I had a day off and had a treat?
[/url]
fairycakes

Postby Shalimar » Wed Aug 20, 2008 8:47 pm

Sheesh, sorry FairyCakes, I just realised I posted my food into your thread, I must have been half asleep perhaps a mod may be able to move it. My apologies again :oops: .

Shalimar

Postby fairycakes » Thu Aug 21, 2008 10:40 pm

No problems Shalimar!
Todays food:-

BREAKFAST:- 1 banana meditrim shake
1 cup of weak coffee with skim
1 berocca:)(had a looong day ahead of me at work)

MORNING TEA:- 1 large pear
12 almonds
1 cup of tea with skim

LUNCH:- 1 small tin weight watchers minestrone soup
1 banana meditrim shake with lots of crushed ice.
1 cup of tea with skim.

AFTERNOON TEA:- 1 small royal gala apple
5 almonds.
1 chocolate nut (one of the nurses AGAIN bought a pack of choc covered peanuts and I just had one to be polite and because they are so tiny anyway...but only had 1:)
1 lolly (tiny soft chewy rasberry...same reason as above)

DINNER:- 1 tin pumpkin soup
2 wholemeal mountain wraps with some light don ham slices and salad and some extra light chive philly.
1 medium glass white dry wine (needed it after a horror shift again in recovery room!)

According to calorie king that is a total of approx 1165cals.

Today is day 6 on the plan and I have lost 1.5 kilos according to my scales....started at 64.5 and am now 63kgs....I am really pleased that I have stuck to it properly all week, despite cravings:)
Guess what day tomorrow is?
TREATIE DAY YAYYYYYY! Will I dare write my food diary of treatie day?
[/url]
fairycakes

Postby fairycakes » Sun Aug 24, 2008 12:17 pm

Ok, so Fri (AKA 'treatie' day ) was a bit of a bad day! I started of well though:)
So here it is
BFAST:- 1 choc banana meditrim shake
MTEA:- At clinical nurse teachers orientation morning tea- 1 very small banana muffin, 1 coffee.
LUNCH:- 1 meditrim shake, 12 natural almonds.
DINNER: (This is the bad bit!, my twin sister who is also doing the same plan helped me!)
1 can mixed drink (Jack Daniels)
a slice of quiche from the fantastic bakery nearby
heaps of chips
some pringles
an apple cake
a few squares of chocolate :twisted: :shock:
WHOOPS!!! But I enjoyed it as I have been so strict all week!

The problem was the next day (SAT) I felt absolutely disgusting. Bloated, yukky!!! I felt bad enough that next treatie day I think I'll stick to something like sushi and a bit of chocolate!
[/url]
fairycakes

Postby fairycakes » Sun Aug 24, 2008 12:24 pm

SUN 24th AUGUST
TODAY

BFAST:- 1 Strawberry meditrim shake with lots of ice YUM! (140cals)
12 natural roasted almonds (no salt) (85cals)
1 small royal gala apple (70 cals)
1 cup of tea with skim

LUNCH;- 1 meditrim choc and banana shakke with ice. (140cals)
8 almonds.(50 cals)
lots of water with diet cordial.

DINNER;- 1 can minstrone soup (200cals)
1 marinated (by me in balsamic and garlic) thin minute chicken breast (no skin)(130cals)
1 diet jelly with a squirt of no fat cream from the can.(55cals)

Only up to about 850cals when adding up what I will have today (with calorie king) so will add in another piece of fruit for a snack and mayb a small glass white wine.

EXERCISE:- Big walk 120mins.
Am weighing in at 63 and 63.5 so I am somewhere in that range. Hoping to get to te 62s this week!
[/url]
fairycakes

Postby fairycakes » Sun Aug 24, 2008 8:21 pm

Hello!

Ended up changing my dinner slightly!
So I had

1 can minestrone soup
2 wholewheat lite mountain wraps with light philly and a slice of light ham.
diet jelly
2 squares chocolate :twisted:

For a snack to up may calories I had some rice crackers.
Total cals = approx 1230.

I had my walk too....abour 30 mins walking, then another 20 mins walking on the beach when I got into the village.

Feel bad for giving in and having a piece of chocolate.....I guess it is good that I stopped at 2 squares though!!

I need to up my protein tomorrow, so will have some chicken with soup tomorrow for dinner.
I really hope I can keep loosing, as it is the only plan I have been on that I am actually seeing results....even 1 kg in a week is really encouraging and is helping me to stick to it as I know it is working! It helps me a lot if I can read about others because it keeps me on track!
[/url]
fairycakes

Postby fairycakes » Mon Aug 25, 2008 10:40 am

MONDAY 25th AUGUST

BFAST:- Meditrim choc banana shake
12 almonds
cup of tea with skim.

LUNCH:- Meditrim shake strawberry
1 medium pear.
tea with skim

DINNER:- half a packet of frozen vegetables.
1 piece thin marinated chicken breast (in balsamic and garlic).
diet apricot jelly
squirt of no fat cream
diet cordial

EXERCISE:- 60 minute walk.

TOTAL APPROX CALS AS PER CALORIE KING= 740cals.....need to add in some extras!!!
[/url]
fairycakes

Next

Return to Daily Food Diary