It is currently Thu Dec 08, 2016 6:56 pm

Free Newsletter

Rose's Diary...please review and offer suggestions!!

Share and keep track of what you eat each day to help you lose weight.

Moderator: Moderators

Rose's Diary...please review and offer suggestions!!

Postby Rose83 » Tue May 11, 2010 1:17 pm

Well, I'm new here, but in desperate need of some help to lose weight before my wedding in October.
I lost 3kg pretty quickly back in March when I started, but since then I have lost nothing!! I've been exercising great, but having 2 or 3 ''off' days each week as far as eating goes.....but I would have thought that since I was doing so much exercise, that I would have lost SOMETHING...but sadly no :cry:

Anyway, here's a rundown of my ''perfect'' week last week that lost me.....nothing!!!!! Where did I go wrong?????

I'm 157cm/ 5 '2" tall and currently weigh 74.6kg.

Food:
M-1333cals
T-1250cals
W-1395cals
T-1140 cals
F-1190cals
S-1428cals
S-1190cals
--------------------------
1275cals/5388kj average per day

Exercise (Kjs burned):
M-900kj
Tu-800kj
W-1200kj
Sa-1800kj (BUSHWALK)
-------------
4700kjs

Some points:
* No, its not TTOTM or the week before TTOTM.

* When I put in my details in various calorie websites, it says I should eat about 1387cals per day to lose 1kg per week. I also read not to go below 1200cals per day, so I tried to mix it up a bit between the 2 amounts....I averaged at 1275cals per day....should I have eaten MORE?????

* Yes, I probably should have done some more exercise...but come one, NO weightloss at ALL???? :cry:

* This is the kind of plan I've followed in the past and used to easily lose 1kg a week....yes, admittedly I weighed less at the time, so maybe again, I haven't eaten enough??? Can eating the full 1387cals per day actually help me lose weight?????

* I know that because of exercise you gain more muscle, muscle weighs more than fat etc etc, but I have been measuring as well and since the end of March I have lost 0.5cm from my waist, 2cm from my hips, 2cm from my thighs and 0.5cm from my biceps. Not exactly a big loss in 6 weeks:(

* Is there anyone who is about my height and weight who can share how many calories/how much exercise they do and how much weight they lose????

Any suggestions would be muchly appreciated....I'm so stressed that its not working, and I'm running out of time before the wedding!!!!
Wedding: October 3rd, 2010
Rose83

Re: Rose's Diary...please review and offer suggestions!!

Postby Shay » Tue May 11, 2010 2:24 pm

Hi Rose,

Female bodies can be very frustrating, cant they! One month you lose a decent amount, the next hardly anything.

Firstly, i think you're not eating enough calories. Your absolute minimum should be 1200, under that your body goes into starvation mode. Can you give us an example of how you eat on an average day?

Secondly, with exercise its good to go for a variety or your body gets used to the exercise. So mix it up with some strength training, pilates etc, as well as different forms of cardio (jogging, cycling, swimming, dancing etc)

Thirdly, are you having enough water and sleep? Both are very important for weight loss.

Finally, I'd say try to relax about it. I was exactly like you and hardly ever lost anything despite all the effort i put on. On the weeks i didnt get so stressed because i was busy with work etc, i found i lost weight. Maybe also weigh yourself less frequently? If you're weighing weekly, make it fortnightly or even monthly so that you'll notice a greater shift in the scales :)
Had my baby girl Leah on 13/12/10!

Weight at 40 weeks: 81.5kg
SW 4 days post-baby: 74.4kg
CW: 67kg

1st mini goal: 72kg - DONE!
2nd mini goal: 70kg - DONE!
3rd mini goal: 67kg - DONE!

4th mini goal: 64kg
Shay

Return to Daily Food Diary