It is currently Tue Sep 27, 2016 7:42 pm

Free Newsletter

Dave's Food Diary

Share and keep track of what you eat each day to help you lose weight.

Moderator: Moderators

Dave's Food Diary

Postby Dave » Sun Aug 08, 2010 8:23 pm

Well it’s been pretty much one week now without any PROCESSED FOOD, well that I know of. I guess the Garlic herb Salt is but other than that I’ve done well. No Dairy-Sugar-Meat-Bread and or sweet things. It’s like when I gave up smoking and the nights are a little hard as my body carves the junk. I woke up last night and a palm sized snack on some Raw Nuts which really helped. I’m pretty dedicated to eating healthy foods and am treating all the processed ones like I did cigarettes when I gave them up.

Tonight I had:

3 RAW - Spinach wraps spread with avocado, grated carrot, beetroot, some olives and tuna (in spring water) with a squeeze of lemon and some herbal garlic salt.

Plenty of water followed with some Ginger Tea.

If I crave later, I may lightly dip a few raw nuts in some honey.

I am experimenting as I go…I am anticipating the arrival of my new Vital Max 900 cold press juicer sometime this week. I can’t wait…so far so good…I’ve got plenty of nuts and my shop is right next door to a green grocer which makes this endeavor so much easier. Although I will be eating a lot of Raw Food, I still plan on steaming and will be eating sea food from time to time.

Steamed some green prawns for the first time the other night and dipped them in some Chinese chili sauces with a toss salad…PURE BLISS!!!
"Action may not always bring happiness, but there is no happiness without action"
.................. Image...............
Dave

Re: Dave's Food Diary

Postby Dave » Mon Aug 09, 2010 10:08 pm

Well the juicer arrived today. Being a cold press Juicer I expected it to take time, but WOW ... I loved the results instantly. I have no experience juicing and got started with a recipe straight off the net.
Spinach/carrot & apple.............although I was blown away by the taste I could see straight away I was going to have to watch my sugar level and be selective on how I use this thing. In the evening after:

Steaming some Green Prawns/lettuce/purple onions with lemon and chili spices

I made up some Green Juice...Kale/Brussels sprouts/sprouts/broccoli/half apple this time/half a lime (lightly peeled) can't remember it all...but although it was not as sweet I actually like it better. I am used to picking and eating raw veggies, however the family did not take so quickly to it as I. I'll get them later with frozen banana ice cream and the like.

My workout was digging in the garden...getting there...If I can keep this up and not pike out...I'll upload some pics or put in a link to my veggie patch...Herbs on the go next...I think I got a hit of those juices...buzzing a little bit, but in a good way...see how I sleep tonight.

:wink:
"Action may not always bring happiness, but there is no happiness without action"
Dave

Postby Dave » Tue Aug 10, 2010 10:51 pm

Still going strong.

LESS LESS SALT
ZILCH Saturated Fats
Nero Processed SUGARS
NO BREAD
NO WHEAT
NO DAIRY
Absolutely NO PACKAGED FOODS!!!!!!!!!

Plenty of fluids....water and veggie + / fruit juice.
spread across the day with very small amounts of nuts here and there.
Salmon for dinner with healthy raw yums yums.

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ...time to clean up :roll:
Dave

Postby Dave » Thu Aug 19, 2010 3:51 pm

Well I'm into my third week now. Still Juicing, no processed sugar...fruit mostly in the morning. I've started on some wild rice and steam an egg twice a week maybe...perhaps I should have more... I think people have been unnecessarily scared off eggs. I might have several and take out "some" of the yokes. Picked up a wok and am having fun learning to use it. Also got a blender to go with the juicer as well. All in all, the weight is slowly coming off. My gut feels a hell of a lot better...I've been doing some breathing exercises that have really worked wonders in that region. I must admit though, I am getting a little tired with all the activity of digging a garden by hand and the small calories food I have been eating. All the same I'll stick it out & maybe start eating some more fish.

Ive only been having an apple & or Banana for lunch with a very small fist full of nuts here and there. I may have to increase that, but during the day I am in an office environment which is rather sedentary. Looking forward to starting on the tread mill...OR maybe just hitting the pavement after some more time and weight have passed. Doing a little bit of self taught yoga via the internet...ZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzz

Not carrying on like headless chook...not just yet.
Dave

Postby Dave » Tue Aug 24, 2010 3:49 pm

Approaching 1 month now.
Still no crap...boy its hard. My son picked up some hot chips before I gave him a lift home & I was really craving to grab one. I resisted just like giving up smokes & it worked. My wife grabbed some dried fruit from a Chinese supermarket that boasted "healthy eating" all over it. Unfortunately she did not read the tag first and on closer inspection we found your typical cancer causing agents listed just like everything else sold out there in packets.

I look forward to my steamed egg mornings for breaky...I have been aiming for about 2 a week, but now I am starting to exercise, I think I may increase it to 3. I steam one and have it on a yeast/gluten free slice a bread. Still having no butter......gave up machine oil...I mean margarine eons ago :P

I have eaten a few meals the my wife Lisa made...It's been good that she also has been making an effort. I differ by eating wild rice while they eat white rice. Having said that I am eating a Rice Bran without all the preservatives, colorings & so forth. Not having a Gall Bladder, my body soon lets me know when I am eating something with tooooo many chemicals in it. Whilst I know it more so the breaking down of food, my skin pretty much reacts to yeast, gluten, but also the wide range of GUMS-Preservative-colorings-& so forth. I've recently found out that citrus is much better than Vinegar...which turns out is NOT that good for you at all. We now favor citrus used as a preservative and only tolerate vinegar in small quantities. Not sure how that will effect my love of pickles, but then there is so much other crap in pickles these days, I just marinate my own foods.

I've started working on my own veggie patch...still under construction:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LQnOJiwcUqw
I work full time running my own shop at the moment, so TIME is something I have to find in order to grow my own food. I feel pretty strongly about eating the right kinds of food...when I do make the effort to eat properly. I've been digging as a form of exercising in the mornings before work & in the evenings afters work.

Meal sizes...I've been doing good on that too, although I knew it when I ate too much last night and my stomach bloated. Having a bloated stomach only makes things worse as well...I get that feeling I need to eat more after already eating tooo much. I'm glad I have got my stomach to shrink back to a normal size now. Still overweight but you know what I mean.

I got to say this whole food approach is a first for me. I've just started on the treadmill yet again, but I feel so much more stronger and even flexible having given myself a months head start without the poisonous foods. Sure I get stiff when I dig and run, but I seem to be recovering like I did in my younger days...it really is incredible now that I am eating "real wholesome" un-packaged foods. Sleep is something I am working on also as I increase my activity (now that I can increase my activity) as is also my efforts to center myself.

I've talked about finding balance a few times here and there, but now seem to be having quite some success to this. One thing I have to disagree with is this concept that women need to find balance more than men with very little information pertaining to men in this regard. Finding balance means so much more than time management & to suggest that men have more time on their hands than women is an irony to say the least. But just as with most things in the marketing industry...such irony will be round for eons to come. Anyways...apart from running a shop/doing the house work/playing taxi driver and looking after the teenagers + digging a veggie patch and exercising as well as socializing...FINDING BALANCE...has become more about finding peace within myself than it has about time management. Finding time came to me once I had the drive to clean up my act. To clean up my act I had to clean up the house and everything around me. To do any of those things I first had to get some kind of drive to lift me out of the depression I was in.

Normally I would just do the gym junkie thing...not so easy as the years roll by and the body no longer has all its parts...This whole eating thing about diets was a no go as it would only end up like a gym fad. Researching about food and how to find a balance with it first has really helped this time around. Using the same approach as I did to that of smoking has been a great help. I smoke for over 20years and have now been off them for over 3 years. It was not easy I having an addictive personality only made the challenge that much more difficult. Now time will tell with this new venture of mine to give up the POISON society feeds itself on. How people can refer to their unnatural sweeteners & takeaway foods as rewards for going without them gives credence to my opinion of people who commonly act as sheep.

All those so called healthy eating out places like subway and the like...nope...still poison...all those packaged health foods...nope still poison...WELL its poison to me & if you too where able to research into it far enough you might understand why I am so bent on all the chemicals added and the way they are sold off...but that's your choice and this is my diary :evil:

For Me...packaged oats/sweeteners/mixed drinks/dried foods/powders/oils/Breads/toppings and much much more that are sold at the "supermarket" are only ever a last resort. It's all unpackaged Food that I deal in now...Free range eggs and organic veggies (even then you have to scrutinize) lean and clean meat - raw nuts & plenty of fruit...green super juice - home grown herbs - clean milk (Zymil low fat) with bouts without it - no Cheese ect.............

As I increase my activities and have cleansed my liver with bouts off the dairy and so forth, eventually I will go back to certain foods frowned upon by whomever, but I at least now know & can make a much more wiser decision in whats available to eat.

We'll see.............................................................................................................................................................................. :lol:

Happy eating :lol:
Dave

Postby Carley » Thu Aug 26, 2010 11:12 am

You seem interesting, raw looks amazing to me. I'm still new to being vegan so if you ever want to talk I'm here. I'm 2 months today being vegan :D I do agree with you on subway, it's not all that. I love juicing. You should try juicing passionfruit whole, the colour is amazing. I love orange, carrot, apple, pear and baby spinach juice. Even apple, cucumber, capsicum and baby spinach juice is nice. I love juicing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Goal for 2016:
Current weight: 94 kilos
Starting weight: 102.5 kilos
Goal #1: 92 kilos
Carley

Postby Dave » Sat Sep 11, 2010 10:46 am

Hi Carley,
Sorry I have not been in for a whiles...I actually use another forum to drive my efforts to self betterment. I've been doing OK however have slipped a bit here and there. I really wish you the best of luck with your efforts...I can swear that by eating only Fruits/Veggies & nuts+seeds has really cleaned me out...finding the right combination is key & I guess it will take time; not to mention break the cycle of all that brainwashing over the years.

I have been very active of Late and quite proud of the fact that my weight loss is going along quite well. Obviously my current success is down to my healthy eating habits...without a doubt! I am more over pleased with the fact that I have been consistent with making the right choices & when I do break away from the Raw Food I am still keenly aware of what is gong in and out.

Spiritually I am more in touch with myself these days than ever before...even though I am going through a lot of complex issues of late...It's all under control and a sense of ease whilst thinking about the future is now starting to take place despite the odd set backs here and there. Acquiring the energy to keep balanced without taking off the runway or slowing down to a sudden stop is an awakening for me. I have never been one for half measures, but now I can see the sense in having a continual awareness of just how much we do, eat, sleep & how we feel as well as effect others.

So far so good...As far as My Diet goes...I'm working on just making the right choices in all that I do for the long haul. I have to run now, but I will make an effort to come back and talk shop as soon as I can. I could use some inspiration on the ways of Vegan Eating. Very Very Healthy when done the right way...even if only prescribed by doctors :D That is to say just how recommended the Vegan diet is when it comes to longevity & addressing immediate health issues. Yadda Yadda...Look forward to crossing paths soon :wink:
FRUITS TO ENERGIZE / VEGGIES TO ALKALIZE AND NUTS&SEEDS TO BUILD: (Got that one for the "liferegenerator" on youtube!)
Dave

Postby Dave » Mon Sep 13, 2010 8:56 am

I just finished digging in my Garden:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y4VsaPHYVLM
excuse my oxygen deprivation and dyslexic...this is where once I get started I find it hard to stop :)
Takes a lot of work...but I'm looking forward to eating real food from the back yard.
Here is the lunch I ate after the hard work!
Dave

Postby Dave » Mon Sep 13, 2010 9:47 pm

Here's a Breakfast I have been serving up for the troops in the mornings...seems to be going down well...One large cup seems to do the job well!
*Note...I need to stretch out some kinks tonight :wink:
Dave

Postby court » Wed Sep 15, 2010 4:59 pm

hey dave - all very interesting you wouldnt happen to have read the Gabriel Method have you? Seems you are eating to his principles! I have also been eating a clean diet with no processed/packaged food and am reaping the benefits :) good luck!
court

Postby dragonfly » Wed Sep 15, 2010 10:42 pm

interesting diary, thanks dave.
please keep it up :)

whats the difference between a cold pressed juicer, and a regualr one that spins around and extracts the juice and spits out the pulp? is yours better than mine LOL??
karin
mum of 5
loosing by eating low fat, natural, organic and fresh

heaviest weight: 189kg
goal weight: 89kg
currently: 143.5kg
TOTAL LOST: 45.5kg
dragonfly

Postby Dave » Thu Sep 16, 2010 10:55 pm

That’s really good to hear court…it’s nice to know I’m not the only one as a lot of my friends and family roll the eyes on occasion when I pop in with my own herbal teas and turn down all the food I am trying very hard to stay away from.
Can’t say I know that diet, but have heard the name though. I kind of just woke up one day and realized I needed to start eating healthy if I was going to eventually sort out my life. The smokes went a few years ago. I then started with some meditation techniques to calm my nerves/anxiety. After having my gall bladder out and still struggling with weight after having exercised with my usual athletic…I guess I was sick of banging my head against a brick wall & the penny dropped!
I came across this weird guy on youtube doing his thing with Raw Food and a Jucier (the life regenerator)…I also came across another guy (growyourgreens) who has a veggie farm for his front and back yard…Inspired I decided to check out some more on the healthy eating whilst ordering a cold press juicer…That’s when I decided to get fairdinkum and simply make the whole process a way of life open to change as I learn & make mistakes…
LOL No dragonfly…My cold press juicer is great at getting more juice out of less veggies as well as doing less damage to the living cells within the plants compared to a centrifuge juicer that spins its blades rapidly. Both types of Juicers have their place…I am still learning what best to use in my cold press and blender…I will get food processor a little later for certain jobs… however the blender I bought Is a real beauty and does a great job of chopping/pulping and liquidfying. With my limited knowledge, I’d say that the cold press is more suited to greens & most veggies full stop providing MUCH more nutrient level as well as amount of juice…the centrifuge does a better job with various fruits such as pineapple…however I do coldpress orange juice to get more and simply eat one to make up for the fiber…apples cold pressed is awesome!!! …You can also freeze fruits like bananas and make natural banana ice cream using the mincer attachment to my cold press juicer…but the centrifuge is better to mix my flaxmeal shake for breakfast.
So both types have their advantages and as I say, I’m still learning all about them. I do recommend that if anyone is thinking of going down that path…that they buy GOOD quality…My cold press jucier has less parts than most and is a snap to clean…as is my blender…A good blender is typically made of solid tempered glass and can do multiple functions as well as easy to clean. The biggest reason most people do not eat healthy is the time it takes to prepare…BUT…I am finding my breakfast is rather quickly over and done with…I feed three of us in about 10minutes and only takes me 2 minutes to rinse out and put back together. The coldpress does take a lot of time by comparison, but I prep my juices for a 48hour period at times and sometimes I can do it in ten if I just feel like pressing a broccoli head with a bit of this and that when I feel the need to give myself a boost without too much fruit…such as days I am not so active or just getting my daily intake. Whilst I can press nuts to make paste…I prefer to throw them in with my bandannas every now and then using the blender.
Well…that’s enough of my too much information…all the same thanks for having a skim guys…your encouragement is greatly appreciated...Hope you guys are also doing well :wink:
Dave

Postby Dave » Fri Sep 17, 2010 7:55 am

I have been very busy, moving forward…have also made ground in another forum that is quite slow for me most of the time. Once again, getting bogged down in one place is not always a good thing. My exercise is going along well, although I am still in a spot that requires much effort and that my current energy expenditure Vs fitness is leaving me a little exhausted…none the less I am very aware of this & very careful to meditate on recharging the batteries as well as EAT right. Still no alcohol (POISON) in the system since my last hiking trip…will just have to SAY NO…Whilst people make ‘excuses’ to poison themselves…OH I NEED TO RELIEVE THE STRESS…or That’s what’s they sell us…Or I’ve done so well…I deserve it!!!...sorry guys…..I know…If you gave that up, you would fall off the planet…If I didn’t taking any take this, then I would have to take that…
Well……I’m still sticking to my mind set, not to take any ^%$#ing poison for any reason…so much so, I’m actually enjoying what most of you regard as Bland/Tasteless/Rabbit Food/Water…the very things we need most people despise, & it’s no wonder with the way those in charge of it all fill the heads of those of us to depressed to think for ourselves. The more we eat that crap, the more crap we become.
Food for thought…time for Breakfast...
:lol:
Dave

Postby Dave » Thu Sep 30, 2010 9:16 am

OK...been a while since my last post...Have gone backwards due to financial constraints, a LOT of stressful events unfolding and also relying too much on my exercise. Having no money sure can make it hard to purchase the right foods.......will have to start having canned salmon instead of the real thing...well you know what I mean. I suppose the Sunday markets will be the best choice for fruit and veggies...Simply can't afford it at the grocery stores anymore...ofcourse I have my veggie patch going...but that will also be effect with the no money thing...MMMMMMMM...Rice is cheap, but not my healthy choice...none the less combined with the right ingredients, still could be an option...anyways....will have to simply research on the net for some cheap alternatives and if I can get back on track, that in it self will help to reduce the input, resulting in less wastage and gluttony...therefore that in itself should assist with the reduce in cost.

Have to keep getting that sun and simply overcome the depression that sets in once routine out of whack...need to overcome loosing the battle feeling and simply get a grip...I can feel how giving in to too much bread and sugar slowly builds on those cravings that make you go backwards. Today I'll try my Best!!!!!!!!!!!!! Water-Juice-and small amounts of whatever was bought on the cheap :(
Dave

Postby dragonfly » Fri Oct 01, 2010 11:43 pm

you are right, one bad thing can lead to another, then the body suddenly starts craving it again, and its hard to break it.

think how you felt when you were doing so well with the fresh and organic stuff, and head back there.
when i was in my bad eating days before (who knows, I might end up there again) I just craved more and more bad stuff, which made me feel badder, and then craved more again.

our family is eating thru over 200bucks worth of fruit and veggies a week. not to mention the other foods.
some places do a bulk veggies thru the markets, maybe you could organize one thru work? its cheaper to buy in bulk, then u divide amongst the other people and you all get fresh stuff for a cheaper rate.

we've planted alot in our garden, but we cant grow everything, and alot will still need to be bought.
apples are cheap. lol
I have been making our own orange and tangerine juice, more expensive than a bought bottle, but I think about how fresh mine is, and what I am getting from it, as opposed to the bottled one. plus one less bottle for the tip too.

keep going, you are my inspiration dave, and I do enjoy your posts.
karin
mum of 5
loosing by eating low fat, natural, organic and fresh

heaviest weight: 189kg
goal weight: 89kg
currently: 143.5kg
TOTAL LOST: 45.5kg
dragonfly

Next

Return to Daily Food Diary