It is currently Sat Oct 31, 2020 6:10 pm

Free Newsletter

Dave's Food Diary

Share and keep track of what you eat each day to help you lose weight.

Moderator: Moderators

Re: Dave's Food Diary

Postby Dave » Thu Nov 11, 2010 9:16 pm

Yea..the groin thing has been a real pain all day...I have some work coming up in a week or thereabout, so will have to rest up for that. Found the food thing really hard today, as now I am resting, my body seems to want to just eat...see what happens there I guess...just as well most of the junk is all gone.

Yes Dragonfly...I am lucky that my wife is into all the healthy eating. I understand how hard it must be having to cook two meals. My wife would simply tell me to cook my own :lol:
Its all in the shopping really...which sounds like he is benefiting as you say. I guess just keep encouraging him at the right times...just like the dog whisperer does...heheheee
I wish I had more advice on that score...my wife gets upset with me when I start eating the wrong foods because it makes it hard for her, which I agree...so we both just try our best to adopt the right attitude and keep trying new healthier things until we find something we both agree will make a good regular meal. Its more about finding things that will stick...but to do that, you have to keep trying new things until it becomes a hit with everyone. Just don't tell them how good it is for them.
"Action may not always bring happiness, but there is no happiness without action"
.................. Image...............
Dave

Postby Dave » Sat Nov 13, 2010 8:53 am

Still in pain. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
Sure plays on my mind not being able to burn the calories...upset with myself as well for overdoing it...mmmmmmmm
"Action may not always bring happiness, but there is no happiness without action"
Dave

Postby Dave » Sun Nov 14, 2010 9:37 am

slowly getting there...food going quite well...small amounts and healthy choices...maintaining quite well. Getting plenty of sun in my veggie patch...spending time and focusing on my daughter...
Time for some Chinese tea :D
Dave

Postby Dave » Mon Nov 15, 2010 10:17 pm

Started back up walking today with some light weights...ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzz...
Very tired of later...throughout the days...hope its just recovery mode.
Some stressful stuff going on I guess...My wife is having a hard time with her MS...some very negative energy directed my way which is just dragging me down constantly. This whole diagnoses thing has really taken a tole on us both. Just going to have to dig deeper and give more support...just so much going on. Both still eating healthy I guess but where going to have to do something about that negative energy that is leaving a bad odor throughout the house.
It's good to be positive, but with so much uncertainty, & the reality setting in each passing day...it's a bit of a hard slog of late.
Dave

Postby Dave » Tue Nov 16, 2010 2:26 pm

With my daughters expressed permission, here's the result of some of that time I put with her earlier. I am very please to pass on some of the benefits that come from developing a healthy apatite for life. It's not often kids get to be kids these days...I'm really proud to see her doing as well as she is :D
ImageImage
Dave

Postby Dave » Wed Nov 17, 2010 7:31 am

Just off the top of my head...I started to take notes on what I ate yesterday and as a result did quite well. However the truth is, I put so much time into my veggie patch, helping my wife prepare food and sometimes clean up, to which I should most certainly do more of. I also spend a lot of time researching stuff on the internet to do with my WELL BEING...aka...emotional & mental state. In between all this I have to jump through hoops to satisfy the system that I am making my contribution, My wife and I continually come up with and try new ideas to make our own money, then there is the old fashioned time consuming tendering to our young adult children that we keep keep a vigilant eye on...Of late I have squeezed in time for a therapist or two & practice a number of methods that keep me drug free...also with all my exercise and projects that I undertake that keep me...ME, I simply don't have time to list away my food intake as excellently as many of you do. Truth also be told...I operate different to the norm on how I do stuff to begin with...can't wait till I get another video...life was so much simpler keeping a diary that way.

It really is crazy what some of us have to do to keep afloat. Keeping a grip can really take the Micky out of most and often does, resulting in everyone caring less & not only giving up on themselves and everyone around them. No one seems to have time for anyone these days and it then begins to appear hopeless and fall apart from there...whilst I can appreciate that every generation has a similar grieving process with respect to change and why oh why can't things be like the old days...I think we often make too many excuses in order that we can live in denial and the problem will either go away or the world will fix because were just too damn intelligent. :lol:

I guess what I am saying......mmmmmmmmmmm....what am I saying...sometimes I have to remind myself I am in weightloss.com and not Dr Dave's Feel Good Fantasy.com ...mmmmmmmmmm...that when you account for and accept the direction this planet is heading...IT REALLY IS A BATTLE to keep all that damn weight off...everything we do seems to fly in the face of convention & designed to have us dependent like Neo before he disconnected form the matrix and really saw what was going on :shock:

OK Time for me to head over to my other stop now :lol:
Its all good & my groin problems are slowly dissipating as I did a semi comfortable 1 hour sweat soaking endorphin pumping session on the tready yesterday and am now feeling the oats surge through my system and quite excited about the run I'm soon to do this morning as well as everything else I need to rev up to take on the Matrix.

Later all.............................until next time...................if I'm going to bust something...it'll either happens this week or I reckon I may just be ready to shed the last bits before cruising time.
Have a good one...hope your doing just as well.....yep...this is me doing well :wink:
Dave

Postby Butterfly_Dawn » Wed Nov 17, 2010 8:04 am

Hey Dave,
Glad the groin is on the improve - injuries suck the big one. Sorry I don't get in here more often, I forget some people have their progress threads in here :roll:

Your dear daughter is a stunner, and looks to be quite healthy and happy which you must be very glad of. As with everything, you can only take things one day at a time, and accept that plans will be thrown out of whack occasionally. Hope the therapists were helpful!
35kg lost. (November 2005 - October 2006)
15kg gained again (as at October 2010).
Back to the drawing board - Let's do this thing!

"You can't change the winds, but you can change the sails"

"Reach out and take control of what lands in your lap"

Butterfly_Dawn

Postby Dave » Thu Nov 18, 2010 2:23 pm

Thanks for the kind and wise words Dawn. I hang in here because it's where I feel comfortable. LOL at plans getting out of whack occasionally...I do know what you mean though...I live outside of plans...those pics were not long after a suicide attempt, got a call from the authorities to tell me my brother has just been forcibly admitted to a physc ward last night, my wife is constantly up and down as we are all coming to terms with her MS diagnosis...the bills are going behind...and I may not be able to pay for my next therapist session as it is.........so yea....plans do kind of go wacko on occasion...all the same Dawn......thanks for mentioning it...the advice on a day at a time..........excellent advice...I live by that one.

Spent some time in the shed today knocking up some parallel bars...I wackced in some upright handles towards the end. Now I can do knees lifts/Dips/chin-ups/deeper push-ups and a wide variety of other body resistance work outs. I used to thrive doing gymnastics in my younger day and don't see why I should stop now.
Treadmill runs going very well. Just finished storing away some dried scramble eggs...look really good & the last batch was really good on the trail.
Dave

Postby Dave » Fri Nov 19, 2010 8:37 am

Sorry about that Dawn...I fear your well intended comments came at a very sensitive time, that perhaps where I appeared to be coping so well, was indeed on a tether. My deepest apologies if I seemed ungrateful as your presence here (no mater how brief) means a lot to me as it did when I first kept a log in the "my progress" section. Today being the next day and taking your advice now.........will move on :wink: :

Looking forward to working out on the Bars today.....as well as my run..................will just go easy with the run on the treadmill.....................................I have a bunch of errands that need doing that I'll have to write down so that I can focus more on each task................yesterday I felt good giving a complement to the lady at the bank who just got her nails done...it was nice to see her face light up, I'm going to try and be more like that on occasion without going overboard...can't stand my sister when she goes over the top.....sorry SIS....gets a bit...mmmmmmmmmmmmm...yadda yadda....hope she never comes here....where was I......

Oh yea...last night I had a good stretching session just before bed...I slept like a baby!!! I also did some isolation exercises in between the stretching to open up the veins...the smorning I feel terrific. however will be going easy on the running as it can get quite taxing....food is still going well!!!!!!! Still no junk........................just seems easier not to eat crap that comes in cardboard or plastic.....well you know what I mean.

OK.....just got a call.............will have to start my running around now so I can fit in some PC Gaming!!!!! as well :lol: Arrrrrrrrrrrrrr Life sure can be hard at times........

Hope all is going well your end................I'm just so glad I was able to hang in there and recover from that injury....My healthy eating habits played a large role in that as to did the support I receive at my other forum as well as my efforts in here...........later!
Dave

Postby Butterfly_Dawn » Fri Nov 19, 2010 12:01 pm

Hey Dave, I didn't realise there was anything for you to apologise for... and I apologise if my comments offended YOU somehow. They certainly weren't meant that way.

Glad the groin sounds like it's coming along well and you got a good sleep last night. And yeah, it does feel good to give someone a GENUINE compliment as opposed to something over the top and insincere.

Butterfly_Dawn

Postby Dave » Fri Nov 19, 2010 8:22 pm

Imagearrgghhhhh....damn it....I thought so.......false alarm then....Image
Dave

Postby Dave » Fri Nov 19, 2010 8:29 pm

Dave

Postby Butterfly_Dawn » Fri Nov 19, 2010 9:06 pm

Those are some very cool animations! And Dave, don't worry about offending me. You'd have to try pretty hard and I'll let you know if you ever do :wink:

Butterfly_Dawn

Postby Dave » Sat Nov 20, 2010 7:18 pm

Thx Dawn.
Dave

Postby Dave » Sat Nov 20, 2010 8:41 pm

Dave

PreviousNext

Return to Daily Food Diary