It is currently Thu Sep 29, 2016 9:10 pm

Free Newsletter

Dave's Food Diary

Share and keep track of what you eat each day to help you lose weight.

Moderator: Moderators

Re: Dave's Food Diary

Postby Dave » Fri Dec 03, 2010 7:55 am

In case you have trouble getting the Yoga Download this is what you do:

1.Right on the link YOGA provided above & "Open Link In New Tab" (that way you can refer back here for instruction)
............................http://yoga.org.nz/yoga_vidoes.htm...............................................

2.Below the first two paragraphs you should see a Form Box (YES Please send me the 2 FREE DVDs access now !) with a Yellow Header above it:
Fill out the required fields & click the Red SEND button

3. Another Form Box will appear...follow the prompts

4. Go to the email address that you specified to verify your request.

5.From there you follow a link and so on.

If you have any further queries, please don't hesitate to ask.
"Action may not always bring happiness, but there is no happiness without action"
.................. Image...............
Dave

Postby dragonfly » Fri Dec 03, 2010 11:18 pm

still around, still reading, hows the injury dave?
and no fluride in my water. dentist told me I needed to put tablets in the water for the kids. NO WAY!
karin
mum of 5
loosing by eating low fat, natural, organic and fresh

heaviest weight: 189kg
goal weight: 89kg
currently: 143.5kg
TOTAL LOST: 45.5kg
dragonfly

Postby Dave » Fri Dec 03, 2010 11:41 pm

Its all good dragonfly. Dentists will tell you anything. They even think my high levels of mercury have nothing to do with the 13 amalgamated filling they put in my head when I was a child! :lol:
Don't do it...just get them to brush their teeth and feed them a healthy diet + teach them to be wary as well when they get older. My kids are starting to take on board a lot of the stuff we are now avoiding. SOME of it... :D

Big business this poisoning people. :lol:
"Action may not always bring happiness, but there is no happiness without action"
Dave

Postby Dave » Sun Dec 05, 2010 5:22 pm

So far had a really good disciplined weekend. Have been thinking a lot about the caloric content of most food of late. It's hard for me to "count" calories as there are others whom have to be cooked for and I don't cook every single meal that is dished up. I'm pleased to say though, that given all the food we now eat is as natural as can be, that simply concentrating on portions size and regularity with Hydration...things seem to be falling into place. Have done 3 yoga sessions now...each over 1 hour in length...raised a sweat and really enjoy the relaxation part...just finished the Sunday session now actually. Going to change my workout diary to include 4 days of Yoga as recommended in the series. Sleep is going really really WELL..............I seem to be purging my system a lot better as well...for the first time in years I can say that my mid section is on its way to being FLAT!!!!! I can now gauge how full I am by how easy it is to hold a healthy posture...I often stretch out after eating. I still have a ways to go...but have come a long way now and the results are pretty obvious to anyone that has know me previously.
As for the way of life part...Yep...it's all starting to become plain old routine that does not require much thought or effort. I just DO, what comes naturally now. I pretty much feel empowered when I hear others wine about the time it takes or effort to live such a life. I refuse to feel like the odd one, but happily explain my decisions are based on what makes me happy.

I now actually enjoy taking on new challenges as I overcome all the bad habits that have been and are constantly pushed upon me. My next smarted move is to change from caring a plastic bottle of water, to a stainless steel one. Can't wait till tomorrow morning to jump on the treadmill and face the days food challenges...for the first time in my life I seem to be combining the energy expenditure and nutritional calorie intake quite effectively. Life still has its ups and down...but the big plus is I am coping much better these days...time to EAT....later all :wink:
Dave

Postby dragonfly » Sun Dec 05, 2010 10:22 pm

sounds good dave!!! yeah I agree its becoming a lifestyle rather than a diet as such!
I have 3 stainless steel water bottles, they never leave my side. we have rainwater here, and I cant stand the taste of scheme water. so I take my bottle everywhere, and even at friends houses, just drink my water. its amazing how plastic the water tastes after using metal for 2 years now. I bought a plastic bottle of water, once in the city when I had drank all my bottles up when out shopping.

got a few gardening questions too, if you can help. my strawberries are sending out runners, rather than fruiting. they are in pots, so the runners are hanging down into mid air. should I snip them off or let it go?
my corn's, have 2 heads, is this all they will produce? or do they keep going on after you pick those first cobs?
i have over abundance of parsley, can I just put it int he dehydrater and then when its dry and crispy then what?
my citrus trees have dropped all their fruit. its 1st year they have set fruit. they get enough water, was it too hot?

thanks.
karin
mum of 5

dragonfly

Postby Dave » Mon Dec 06, 2010 9:12 am

Hi Dragonfly,
I have to take off but will look more into the answers later...off the top of my head, I believe it two healthy cobs off one corn plant is about right with three being quite good...this is why when I do plant corn I plant LOTS of them in large blocks...corn requires a lot of water and fertilizer to get best results, some people even cut the top of the plant to bring on better quality of the yield produced.
As for strawberries...It is only my first time...Sorry...I believe the runners are to be cut after the leves produce and roots begin to set....not sure what the effect of transplanting would be, however give consideration to plant runners size and how deep the roots are set....will read up for both of us on that one and get back to you later.....no nothing about citrus Sorry...but once again will look into that as well....have to go is all....going to upload some pics of my progress and comment later.
I Hope you have a good day Dragonfly :D .....I'll Be Back 8)
ImageImage
Comments to follow... :roll:
Dave

Postby Dave » Mon Dec 06, 2010 2:47 pm

Can't be bothered with comments...ZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzz Results are plain to see...just have to keep sticking at it.
Strawberries......best advice I con give for in Pots Dragon fly is to keep them moist at all times...use POTASH...soluble is what I use...They say cutting off the blooms in the first year & only keeping to runners per plant will yield more fruit. That was just a google...never tried pots.......need plenty of sun......Maybe the advice is good......keep well watered.....only two runners per plant.....clip back the blooms in first year to promote runners...clip runners when well rooted...............avoid to much nitrogen when trying to promote fruit, instead opting to use potash instead...Hope that helps.

Feeling lazy going to watch some TV :wink:
Dave

Postby Dave » Mon Dec 06, 2010 9:55 pm

Feeling like an old man today...ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Tired and HUNGRY!!!!!!!!
So I did not do much at all, and ATE, small to medium and often. Had a CT scan as well (HEAD!)
Has some blood tests as well.
Get this....the scales at the Sulivan clinic where 6.5 KG under! I could not beleive it when it said 75kg..."I was like You've got to be kidding me!!!"....."No sir....they are right" was the response. It was the first time I had weighed myself since the usual 106kg blow out. I went to my nieces and sure enough I was 81.3 on hers. I checked again at a mates place and I was 82.4 (after lunch) on his. So much for the weigh in at the medical clinic :lol:
Actually it's serious stuff when you consider they are suppose to crunch the numbers properly. I'll have to tell the doc when I see him next.

I better get in some sleep.........I guess I should be happy with 106-..lets say 81 =...mmmmmmmmZZZZZZZzzzzzzzz 25Kg
Well there I go....I've lost 25kg.....no wonder I feel like I've run a marathon...........
Time to stabilize this week....I have a fairly good routine, but I feel this week I'll be going very flexible with it....they say you should have an easy week out of every 12.....perhaps I will make this week that one....
Snoresssssssssssssszzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Dave

Postby Dave » Wed Dec 08, 2010 3:48 pm

Getting There:
Dave

Postby Dave » Thu Dec 09, 2010 10:44 am

http://www.foodmatters.tv/

Thank Me Later[:D]
I used Google and watched it on hour later.
Watch it, then tell me what you think.
It's the very reason I decided to turn my life around.
Dave

Postby dragonfly » Mon Dec 13, 2010 11:24 am

hi dave, I have that page open, but waiting until a have some uninterupted time to watch it, not often with 5 kids LOL

the photos are good, I can see it in your face alot, and you have broadened up on the shoulders, giving a good triangle shape now :)
I have posted some progress pics of me too on my thread.

I am excited to say our veggie garden is doing really well, I have cut the runners on the strawberries, so hopefully they will start to fruit up again.
I am picking 1-2 cucmbers a day, and we are eating a garden salad at night with dinner which comes from the garden :) had the first cellery stalks last night as well....
oooh nothing beats fresh!!!
karin
mum of 5

dragonfly

Postby Dave » Wed Dec 15, 2010 10:08 pm

Hi Dragonfly...WELL DONE...that is truly an amazing effort you put in. Don't back off now...keep up the good work! Although I have made good progress I am still going to push my fitness up a few notches and fine tune my food and recovery times. All the same...I can see it wont be long before I go into a maintenance phase. That is really going to be just as hard at first. As I told Tyger I have a few things up my sleve but will rave on about them in here later.....ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz I have been missing out on needed sleep........will all the working out of late, I have also been needing to up my intake of food to get the lift I need for my hard workouts.................I'm please to say I have been alternating my times and intensities and my interval training is going really great.
ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.......................................I better get in some sleep tonight.

Later all...........and keep up the good work.......lets keeps those log in dates regular as it's easy to get complacent and fall off the wagon..........log in if your feeling down and let me know what's happening. I'll listen :wink:
Dave

Postby dragonfly » Thu Dec 16, 2010 10:08 am

hey dave, been meaning to ask.... about your job, what you do, well more so the hours you work, and when are you doing your workouts??

I am a stay at home mum, lol, but I do my exercise at 5:30-6:30am when everybody is sleeping and hubby is home.
karin
mum of 5

dragonfly

Postby Dave » Thu Dec 16, 2010 6:40 pm

Hi Dragonfly. I run a computer repair business from home.
www.cheapPCrepairs.com.au
It's only bread & butter and falls way short of any kind of taxable income. However jobs seem to come in just as we desperatley need the money. To be tottaly honest with you; I suffer from low selesteem when not building myself up in forums such as these. I see a phyciatrist regularly to help me with my anxiety & depression. I don't fair well working for and with others, although I will point out that I am a polite and curtious guys that respects those around me.
SO...at this point I guess I'm just another unemployed number in the system.

As for time...I am still very Busy at home! With no real regard for what happens outside our home, with regard to status and the like...we live like the oldtimers of yesteryear, whilst making a point to disconect from today's typical thinking. This leaves us deciding when we call the shots.

Ofcourse there are times when my kids bike might get a flat tire and I'll have to drive him to school, or I have to taxi someone else...but generally speaking my exercise routine is flexible and based on daily completion rather than "am or pm" time slots. Also the way I feel will dictate when and what intesity I do. One thing I can tell you, is that between my kids, the garden, my house duties and the time I research, plus meditate, atempt yoga and keep my clinical apoitments, not to mention how we choose the old ways of keeping in our kids business by opting out on the institutional care centres and so forth...I'll either make apoitments based on once again...how I am feeling and weigh up the priority of what is calling for my atention.

It's not an easy question to answer as there is so much more to our busy lives than the usual perception of our employment status...we do so much more to live the way we do.

I think ones health should come first, as to let that go will only serve to faulter those that rely on you in the long run. I find the time to exercise. I know a fair bit about nutrition, recovery and stress management. As mentioned I choose to live differently than the norm, which although is busy, it allows us with more space in our heads.

Given I have been making my whole aproach based on Repetative Conditioning (over strict programs) with not only exercise but healthy living habits step by step for a long period of time now...it's as if the effort to walk the walk is not the issue...Time slots just seem to fall into place...the only thing I struggle with is ajusting my energy leveles, by means of food preparation and timming that to fit with everything else as well as my sleeping patterns and exsposure to stress. It's like trying to ballance a maze with little Marbella inside; once you get thing in place and find that levle, everything falls into place.

I do need to start an activity diary though as now that things have become so repedative, I tend to forget what days I did what and how hard I hit it. This is very important the longer you train over a period of time and especially when your getting down to those hard to loose killos.

Sorry for the rant, Internet down & believe it or not, this is all off my phone...hense all the mistakes...;)

that's how Ive been doing it anyways...there is that build up of emotional energy as well as typical burnout we have to watch as well...between my compulsion to be better and finding the right switches to self controll...I'll be focusiing on some easing up shortly to recharge my batteries. I am currently enjoying typing out word for word my audio book on emotional freedom by judith orloff. I'll be reseaching that paragraph to chapters and so forth. Yet another time slot LOL ....I think the most important thing we consider is not so much how much we get done in one day, but how much do you get back from it.

Finger going numb now ;)
later Guys.
Dave

Postby Dave » Fri Dec 17, 2010 7:06 pm

I did a weight session for about an hour plus mid day today and ran for 45 minutes before doing the shopping at 6pm and now making this post standing in line checking out :)
Dave

PreviousNext

Return to Daily Food Diary