It is currently Tue Dec 06, 2016 11:14 pm

Free Newsletter

dragonfly's food :)

Share and keep track of what you eat each day to help you lose weight.

Moderator: Moderators

Re: dragonfly's food :)

Postby dragonfly » Wed Jan 26, 2011 9:27 pm

26-01-11
happy australia day!!
we have a new puppy, named chilli. hubbys attempt at a *newborn* to turn me off wanting another baby LOL
the shoes are the proper asics ones, so they should be giving proper support.... they never worried me before, only recently.
food:
smoothie with watermelon, honeymelon nectarine.
yogurt, about 300grms (120cals)
2 homemade multigrain rolls
1 small avacado
100grams chicken (120cals)
1 packet seaweed crackers (380calories)
1 slither of orange poppyseed cake (50cals)
homemade veggie soup with prawns (200cals)

ok so i added some calorie values, just to do an audit on wether I am meeting the 2000cal requirements, or going over/under.
not sure on the avacado or buns....
weight watchers has fruit as point free..... interesting way to *diet* sounds good to me.

walking 60mins.
karin
mum of 5
loosing by eating low fat, natural, organic and fresh

heaviest weight: 189kg
goal weight: 89kg
currently: 143.5kg
TOTAL LOST: 45.5kg
dragonfly

Postby laughing_sheep » Sat Jan 29, 2011 11:21 pm

dragonfly wrote:26-01-11
happy australia day!!
we have a new puppy, named chilli. hubbys attempt at a *newborn* to turn me off wanting another baby LOL
the shoes are the proper asics ones, so they should be giving proper support.... they never worried me before, only recently.
food:
smoothie with watermelon, honeymelon nectarine.
yogurt, about 300grms (120cals)
2 homemade multigrain rolls
1 small avacado
100grams chicken (120cals)
1 packet seaweed crackers (380calories)
1 slither of orange poppyseed cake (50cals)
homemade veggie soup with prawns (200cals)

ok so i added some calorie values, just to do an audit on wether I am meeting the 2000cal requirements, or going over/under.
not sure on the avacado or buns....
weight watchers has fruit as point free..... interesting way to *diet* sounds good to me.

walking 60mins.

What breed of dog is Chilli? You're lucky, I love puppies! If you have some kitchen scales, 1 gram of bread is equal to 2.17 calories roughly. So if you were curious you could weigh one and use an online calculator to multiply the weight by 2.17 :D
~Steph~

Starting weight: 92
Current weight: 70
Goal weight: 66
laughing_sheep

Postby dragonfly » Mon Jan 31, 2011 10:20 am

31-01-11

Chilli is a pure bred kelpie :) sheep dog.
wow interesting about the bread, good to know. I am actually getting new batteries for my scales, they died the other day, and I miss them LOL
its a 1000gm loaf, I make 8 buns, so 125grams each, so 337 calories. sounds about right lol

I have been exercising most days, I would say 5 days last week, plus yesterday I did some swimming, mucking around, but still got my heart beat pumping fast...
but the scales wont move.
I know they will, and I am just waiting for the sudden plunge of a kilo overnight kinda thing, but it is still disheartening to put in so much effort, with no return on the scales.

yesterdays food was low I think...

yogurt, homemade, about 250calories
soup, veggie, homemade
bread roll.... ha ha.... 337cals
7 vita weet crackers, so, 150calories
2 crumbed fish 300calories
garden salad
hot choc with marshmallows 300-400cals?
green tea
3litres water

yeah so, no where near the 2000cals, but it was hot, I was busy with stuff.
I am thinking maybe with the weather I could be retaining fluid also, as I do feel puffy in my fingers.
karin
mum of 5

dragonfly

Postby laughing_sheep » Mon Jan 31, 2011 8:27 pm

Kelpie's are a beautiful breed of dog, he must be really cute. :D

With swimming, it took me a few trips to the pool (maybe 4 or 5) before I was able to start swimming faster and burning that energy. I feel really disheartened too when the scales don't move, but I know if I've been on track that's probably just fluid retention. With my body, the week before/during that time of the month I retain 1 to 2 kilos in water and then 2 days after its over my body drops the water weight. :D

I read that if you want to work out how many glasses of water you need to drink, you should divide your body weight in kilos by 8. So someone who weights 80 kilos would need to drink 10 glasses of water ala 2.5 litres day.

If you consume caffeinated beverages like coffee/regular tea/or diet colas you need to drink even more because they are dehydrating. So if you drink 250ml of coffee, you need to drink 500ml extra of water to replace it.

Sorry if I've typed too much lol. With the hot chocolate, is it home made or is it the kind that is instant like cadbury's drinking chocolate? I love the diet jarrah hot chocolate for only 45 calories a cup.
~Steph~

laughing_sheep

Postby dragonfly » Mon Jan 31, 2011 11:35 pm

the hot choc is a organic one, has some sugar in it already, and I use the skim milk all frothed up using the coffee machine.
the jarrah ones would contain that phyneleine stuff lol, much the same as diet coke, and I am trying to avoid that as much as possible. even tho I did have a pepsi max today. :)

did 30mins exercise today only, as it was very humid and around 30C already by7am.
tommorow promises to be 17C in the morning, so will walk an hour.
karin
mum of 5

dragonfly

Postby dragonfly » Sun Feb 13, 2011 11:21 pm

13-02-11

oh its been a while here again, I keep going to write something and then get distracted, or the troubles we've been having with the internet lately, argh!!!
so tonight I am making an effort to write in here.

food is wonderful, I am eating for enjoyment and the love of tastes and textures, using spices and herbs and experimenting with new recipes and ideas.
also a change in weather has allowed for the oppurtunity to go explore places I have been before.
a few times per week, I am deviating from the standard walk, and spending 45-90mins climbing, rockwalking, bushwalking, exploring, and experiencing new things, and seeing nature at its rawest! 5:30am is my new wake up time, and the farm is magificant at this time of the day.

today I have eaten waaay too much sugar, as we have been cooking, but oh well, enjoyed it, and i'm living life!
after pancakes for breakfast, and a bowl of yogurt, home made, drove 15mins south of the house, and unloaded out the kids of the car, and started walking up the rock. each time we got to the top there was another higher outcrop of rock so we kept walking. once at the top top top lol, we stopped for some water and a snack (anzac cookies) and then kept walking west until we decided to head back towards the car direction, incase we got lost. we found a great big cliff, in a wave formation, so we climbed down and around to get a closer look. then walked back half way up and continued back towards the car again. we were gone about 2 hours, so a fair hike there, and it was so so enjoyable!!!

I ate cous cous and chicken for lunch, but then the munchies got to me, and I ate some samboy chips, and a few lolly snakes. then a slice or 2 of ginger cake. ha ha
sunday night we have made our indian night, and i like to potter around the kitchen and try new recipes, and tonight made butter chicken with rice. not a whole lot of butter really in butter chicken.... ah ha ha ha. well my version was lighter on the fat than the recipe called for. was still very very delicious.

then after dinner hubby and i went for a walk, just to enjoy the cool evening air and the sunset. was gone roughly 25mins. not a big walk, but just enjoying nature and letting the day wind down with a relaxing walk, rather than slumped infront of the tv.

todays calories most likely hit 3000. I am allowed 2000. but I think somehow the exercise cancelled out those extra 1000cals.
so whilst i am not loosing weight much, really, sorta, not really lol, I am not gaining, which is the most amazing feeling.
I am still at 147 on my new scales, which is the same weight I was on christmas day.
but my clothes fit better, and I feel more energetic, and ALIVE!!!
I have a much more positive outlook on life itself, and already planning the next adventure up a rock LOL.
when I find my usb cord, i'll share the the rock pic :)
karin
mum of 5

dragonfly

Postby laughing_sheep » Tue Feb 15, 2011 8:27 pm

Congrats on maintaining and for feeling more energetic, its just wonderful isn't it? Can't wait to see the rock pic :D
~Steph~

laughing_sheep

Postby dragonfly » Tue Feb 22, 2011 10:43 pm

22-02-11

sorry i havent been writing in here as much as i should....
but it seems this lifestyle is just habbit now, and requires little thought. its not soemthing that consumes my daily life, every waking moment with what shall I eat, and what I cant eat and what I crave. its become life, daily life, to eat well, and exercise, and even add in incedental exercise to my daily routine.
theres been a few lightbulb moments in regards to food tho, and how to maintain my weight once at goal, and how some people stay skinny etc. I understand things more, and am starting to LOVE food, and its not my enemy. I have discovered more and more the joys of cooking and baking, and instead of thinking I wish I could ahve it, I just do. I dont really restrict myself much actually. I did however have a really full-on weekend, with a bit too much processed foods, and sugar, that monday morning I was feelign quite ill, and lethargic. so I know not to over do it.
scales are 145.4kilos, so they are moving down now again. I have also come to a inner peace with the obsesive weighing every day, like 10 times, lol, that ONLY tuesdays weight counts as true and correct, and that as long as the weight on 1st of each month is more than the weight at the end of the month, then all is good. doesnt have to be much, just a lesser number at the end of each month.
todays food, well, wasnt home for much, and I havent had meal replacements in weeks.... months really. but they are nearing expiration, and I thought, why not.
my stomach has shrunk, or something, as I no longer feel the need to eat so much food, and feel satisfied on a shake. A long journey to have come that far. those people wondering when they start the shakes and give up after one week, how others can use them, well.... it takes a while. wont happen overnight, but it will happen LOL.
food:
TF banana meal replacement shake
apple
subway 6inch multigrain roll with chicken and pizza sauce, and lettuce and cucmber.
subway yogurt
50grams multigrain crackers
mixed berry smoothie about 600gms berries with 200gm tub natural lowfat yogurt
TF pina collada meal replacement
50grams multigrain crackers
2 cups oolong green tea

not a typical day at all for me lol, and lately i have been making veggie soup as well. filling and low fat, perfect!
I had to use up the berries, as someone left them out of the freezer, and they defrosted.... so yeah, not a normal thing lol.
I have been drinking alot of green, and white tea's.
I bought a little teapot, and the loose leaf teas, and make a pot every few hours. some days I have 3-4 cups of tea. I dont know whats normal?? or if thats too much?

I have also bought an awesome pair of boyfriend jeans from the opshop for $3. couldnt pass them up. they are size 18. I am 45kilos away from a size 18 jeans, but they are my inspiration.... my goal.
karin
mum of 5

dragonfly

Postby laughing_sheep » Wed Feb 23, 2011 10:04 am

Its great that you feel more satisfied on less food, I've found the same. I can remember being hungry after only half an hour after eating an apple, and now I can be left feeling without hunger for an hour and a half after eating an apple. I think the trick is just to reduce gradually and you will get there. Vegie soup can be a lifesaver :D I read that apparently sugar can also be a strain on the liver as well as fat which is something interesting for me as I don't have a gallbladder either (and I know you don't either). That might be why you felt lethargic after eating too many marshmallows :P I've definetly found the same after eating too much sugary/fatty food, in a way its annoying but its also a blessing in disguise. Its the body's way of telling you something isn't right.
~Steph~

laughing_sheep

Postby dragonfly » Fri Mar 04, 2011 4:43 pm

4-3-11

the rock
thats the rock we went on.
I've been sick with a nasty cold for over a week now, been flattened by it.
have not walked, for that week, but yesterday went up another big rock again, to explore again. Today we went to no.6 pumping station and looked around at that.
I am discovering so many free things to do around here, without costing a cent other than fuel, and some snacks to take along, which you'd eat anyway at home.
monday we are going to hidden hollow, roe dam and wave rock.
sunday keokane rock, and a bbq with friends, and tomorrow chopping fire wood, and a walk over the rock to the dam at the back of our farm.

we are yet to look at egg rock, strawberry rocks, but have seen frog rock ;)

scales read 145.5kilos.
no losses, but no gains. its nice to know I am not just gaining weight back when i am not dieting, as i have said before I am never dieting again. life is too short to spend it on a diet eating rabbit foods. so if my loss is slow, then so be it. in the meantime i am enjoying life and food, and exploring whats around me.
I am going to punch the punching bag later for 10mins, to work on the upper body strength, so I can help out more with the physical side of farming.
karin
mum of 5

dragonfly

Postby dragonfly » Sat Mar 05, 2011 5:50 pm

5-3-11

after being sick for a week, and now I am feeling I really need to kick butt and get below 140kilos at least.
I have been stuck here for MONTHS!!! christmas day I was 147.
this morning 144.4
not really good enough!!!!!
we went out to cut some fire wood, as theres been alot of trees fallen since the storms we have had. I really felt out of breathe and weak, and thats from just a week of no exercise.
so I burnt a few calories I guess doing the wood, but came home and made some scones. with 4grams fat per scone, as I used skim milk, and then added raspberry jam, NO cream, NO butter, they are really a healthy-ish lol kinda snack. I had 3.... :? ha ha, but dont feel like lunch until now, and its 3pm. having a bowl of veggie soup now.
todays food:
sustain cereal 45gms
home made yogurt, low fat 250grms
3 scones
3tbsp of raspberry jam (organic, natural one)
bowl veggie soup

dinner will be a lamb roast, with potatoes, and carrots, slow cooked in a camp oven for 6hours, I can smell it already..... hmmmmm, melt in ya mouth stuff.
yes it will be quite fatty, and I did use olive oil too, but its REAL food. real flavors, of rosemary, thyme and parley from the garden.
with food THAT good, you dont feel any need to eat sweets or desserts, or binge on other stuff.
according to the fitnesspal website, with my exercise today, i still have 1000calories left. I am sure I wont eat that on the lamb, so I will be getting under calorie goal, and having 2000 cals today, without having to use the 400 exercise ones.

my boxing for 20mins, earns me 300cals, and made me all hot and sweaty LOL
I think if I can walk still, which i haven't done for 10 days now, but get back into that, and add in the boxing every 2nd day, I should evenly tone up my body. I am finding the walking doesnt do a whole lot for the upper body.

in about 2 years I'll be a super model.

ha ha ha die laughing now!!!
karin
mum of 5

dragonfly

Postby laughing_sheep » Sat Mar 05, 2011 9:49 pm

The rock looks so beautiful. Your dinner sounds so yummy :D

I'm sorry you haven't been feeling very well. Your health is the most important thing, so good on you for doing your best and making those healthy changes. My aunty who I saw for dinner the other night was diagnosed with breast cancer and next tuesday is her last day of radiation. I guess when I see people suffering with bad health it really brings it home to me that I only have one body, and once its stuffed sometimes its too late to do anything and that prevention is the best cure...
~Steph~

laughing_sheep

Postby dragonfly » Sun Mar 06, 2011 10:32 pm

Its been almost 2 weeks with this damn cold!!! I am using the natural remedies, but still feel a bit zapped. I have been using extra garlic :) lemon in water, olive leaf extract to help fight my temperture/fever.
but todays food: just to prove I am human, and why truthfully the weight hasnt shifted in a while, well not alot anyway LOL
went to a friends for lunch.
nectarine, raspberry and yogurt smoothie
1x 1inch pancake plain.
3 cookies homemade ginger type
2 chicken burgers, like the crumbed processed giant nuggets.....hmmmm :|
1 big white bread roll
2 slices of homemade vanilla slice
1/2 pepsi max
2 peices of fudge
2 homemade pizza rolls (bacon, sauce, cheese and olives)
marshmellows (ha ha ha I found a secret stash LOL)

so its all white carbs!!!!! bloat much!!!!!

I am seriously loving the boxing, and went for a rough 60min hike over the rock, but was a slow 2y.o pace ;)
karin
mum of 5

dragonfly

Postby dragonfly » Tue Mar 08, 2011 7:06 pm

8-3-11

started the day with a 1 hour walk at around 5:45am. I havent walked for ages, due to having a cold.
but felt good to be back into it again.
breakfast I made a smoothie from 2 peaches, a cup of blueberries, and about a cup of low fat homemade yogurt.
i ate an apple around 10am.
went for a hike around some local rocks, about 90mins worth. some sleep rocky slopes, and some flat. felt the burn in my legs, stuff the stairmaster, this is much more thrilling!!!
lunch a big bowl of veggie soup and a multigrain bread roll.
snacked on 75grams of crackers
1 skim milk hot chocolate.

dinner.... something involving chicken LOL

I burnt 1200calories today LOL giving me 3000 cals to eat for the day. But that would be weird eating that much on purpose. I still have the biscuits I binged on last night to burn away.
besides AF is knocking on the door again, I feel her coming this way within a few hours I recon.....? bring on the bloat!!!!
karin
mum of 5

dragonfly

Postby laughing_sheep » Fri Mar 11, 2011 10:52 am

The blueberry and peach smoothie sounds like it would have been so yum. I love blueberries and peaches. :D
~Steph~

laughing_sheep

PreviousNext

Return to Daily Food Diary