It is currently Fri Sep 30, 2016 5:37 pm

Free Newsletter

dragonfly's food :)

Share and keep track of what you eat each day to help you lose weight.

Moderator: Moderators

Re: dragonfly's food :)

Postby dragonfly » Sat Mar 12, 2011 12:23 pm

12-3-11

I have been takign the all bran -new challenge, lol, and eating allbran for breakfast. i am sooo not a cereal person for years as that made me feel sick with being pregnant. but I am feeling very satisfied with a large bowl of cereal for breakfast now. with summer on its way out, the smoothies are too cold to have in winter. I had a smoothie yesty for lunch instead.
i've been walking, boxing and chopping firewood, keeping busy.
I am also on a 7 day chocolate free diet, and its day 3.... so far so good, am doing really well. I want to push past the 144 mark sooooo badly. I am sick of being at this weight, and need a new number in my life LOL. 139.9 would be great for a while. so putting in 100% effort to hit that. which is just 4 kilos away, and such a small goal, so very very achievable, and not scary at all :)
karin
mum of 5
loosing by eating low fat, natural, organic and fresh

heaviest weight: 189kg
goal weight: 89kg
currently: 143.5kg
TOTAL LOST: 45.5kg
dragonfly

Postby dragonfly » Mon Mar 14, 2011 11:30 am

14-3-2011

I have learnt many things a long my journey to a new me.
I have always had a fear of matenience, and it was a BIG hurdle and a mental block for me to get motivated to loose weight. for 33 years, I have either been gaining weight, or on a diet.
I have never just stayed the same weight, or maintained my weight. I had always thought I'll cross that bridge when I get to goal weight, but never got to goal, and gave up so many times along the way, and just gaining more and more weight each time I stopped.
but I have learnt how to maintain now, and what I would need to do once I am at goal, and its less scary than i thought. in fact its a really simple thing to maintain weight, and I dotn know why i was so scared before. but now I have crossed that mental hurdle, I am feeling confident to get to goal now, and know it wont be wasted effort gettign there, as I have always been afraid of loosing the weight and then HELLO... its all back again. I know now, that it wont be back, and I have the tools in my brain to make sure it wont get there. I may gain a few kilos again, but thats what you get with birthdays, easter, christmas and enjoying life and its pleasures. but I have have a good balance now, between enjoying life and also burnign the calories eaten in that time too, keeping the IN vs OUT equation pretty equal. Hence the whole maintaining weight thing. its about balance.
My life has been so out of balance, emotional eating rollercoster, food for comfort, high sugar foods for instant energry boost to give me a quick pick me up, and bad unhealthy foods. I felt bad, so ate badly, and ended up in a vicious circle, for years blaming so many things for my unhappiness, when really it all came down to me, and what I put in my mouth.
I feel my eyes are more open and bright, my skin glows and I feel alive. all from the food I eat. (and exercise)

I have learned that having a size 12 or 14 body might look good, but what is going on inside??? that is more important. The dr's hounding me about my weight all the time, when even at 144 kilos, I am probably now healthier than 50% of the skinny people. I dont drink, smoke, or use drugs, and I exercise, eat well, and avoid processed foods. my blood pressure is fantastic level, my cholesterol levels are low, and I dont have diabetes or sleep apnea or anything major.
All thu-out my pregnancies I was told I was at high risk of problems, but never really had any problems, expect marginally raised blood pressure at 9months pregnant with twins. but hey... think about it, 13lbs of baby plus the rest.... and the stress... who wouldnt have high blood pressure???

SO for anybody reading my journal, HI!!! lol, but seriously I hope you can take away from this one thing, that being healthy and loving life is FAR FAR more important than a number on the scales, and the perfect pair of designer size 8 jeans!!! Life is short, live it, love it and embrace it with two hands. take what it has to offer, and go see the world, or the neighborhood even LOL. experience nature, and the raw flavours from nature. there is more to life than a mars bar, and a bag of chips. there is more to the flavours of life than a big mac and fries.

take the path less traveled, and the harder path too. try something new, try out that little indian restaurant you have never dared to try, and take that walk along the beach at sunset instead of eating food on the couch at night.

when you feel lonely and sad, and think to turn to food, take yourself away from the sadness and loneliness, and try join a netball team, or even go for that walk!!!!

Go out, live life and LOVE IT!!!

that is all... LOL
karin
mum of 5

dragonfly

Postby laughing_sheep » Mon Mar 14, 2011 7:10 pm

dragonfly wrote:14-3-2011

I have learnt many things a long my journey to a new me.
I have always had a fear of matenience, and it was a BIG hurdle and a mental block for me to get motivated to loose weight. for 33 years, I have either been gaining weight, or on a diet.
I have never just stayed the same weight, or maintained my weight. I had always thought I'll cross that bridge when I get to goal weight, but never got to goal, and gave up so many times along the way, and just gaining more and more weight each time I stopped.
but I have learnt how to maintain now, and what I would need to do once I am at goal, and its less scary than i thought. in fact its a really simple thing to maintain weight, and I dotn know why i was so scared before. but now I have crossed that mental hurdle, I am feeling confident to get to goal now, and know it wont be wasted effort gettign there, as I have always been afraid of loosing the weight and then HELLO... its all back again. I know now, that it wont be back, and I have the tools in my brain to make sure it wont get there. I may gain a few kilos again, but thats what you get with birthdays, easter, christmas and enjoying life and its pleasures. but I have have a good balance now, between enjoying life and also burnign the calories eaten in that time too, keeping the IN vs OUT equation pretty equal. Hence the whole maintaining weight thing. its about balance.
My life has been so out of balance, emotional eating rollercoster, food for comfort, high sugar foods for instant energry boost to give me a quick pick me up, and bad unhealthy foods. I felt bad, so ate badly, and ended up in a vicious circle, for years blaming so many things for my unhappiness, when really it all came down to me, and what I put in my mouth.
I feel my eyes are more open and bright, my skin glows and I feel alive. all from the food I eat. (and exercise)

I have learned that having a size 12 or 14 body might look good, but what is going on inside??? that is more important. The dr's hounding me about my weight all the time, when even at 144 kilos, I am probably now healthier than 50% of the skinny people. I dont drink, smoke, or use drugs, and I exercise, eat well, and avoid processed foods. my blood pressure is fantastic level, my cholesterol levels are low, and I dont have diabetes or sleep apnea or anything major.
All thu-out my pregnancies I was told I was at high risk of problems, but never really had any problems, expect marginally raised blood pressure at 9months pregnant with twins. but hey... think about it, 13lbs of baby plus the rest.... and the stress... who wouldnt have high blood pressure???

SO for anybody reading my journal, HI!!! lol, but seriously I hope you can take away from this one thing, that being healthy and loving life is FAR FAR more important than a number on the scales, and the perfect pair of designer size 8 jeans!!! Life is short, live it, love it and embrace it with two hands. take what it has to offer, and go see the world, or the neighborhood even LOL. experience nature, and the raw flavours from nature. there is more to life than a mars bar, and a bag of chips. there is more to the flavours of life than a big mac and fries.

take the path less traveled, and the harder path too. try something new, try out that little indian restaurant you have never dared to try, and take that walk along the beach at sunset instead of eating food on the couch at night.

when you feel lonely and sad, and think to turn to food, take yourself away from the sadness and loneliness, and try join a netball team, or even go for that walk!!!!

Go out, live life and LOVE IT!!!

that is all... LOL

Hi Karin, I relate to alot of what you've written here. I agree its more important what's going on inside. You have come a really long way and are making a great effort :D
~Steph~

Starting weight: 92
Current weight: 70
Goal weight: 66
laughing_sheep

Postby dragonfly » Tue Mar 22, 2011 5:43 pm

I'm not hungry and i am not in the mood to eat.
have had a few days eating easter eggs, maybe today my body is like oh no more food.
I had a decent breakfast of allbran, and some yogurt, and then lunch was only a few crusts dipped in soup.
its strange how i dont even feel hungry.
I know I need to eat tho. cant survive on 533 calories.
will have some cashews, and a nice good dinner :)
karin
mum of 5

dragonfly

Postby dragonfly » Wed Mar 23, 2011 5:47 pm

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")

that is all.
karin
mum of 5

dragonfly

Postby dragonfly » Wed Mar 23, 2011 5:54 pm

nah not really LOL

23-02-11
last night went to the first of 10-12 meetings with my healthy lifestyle weightloss group.
I have set myself a 10kilo goal for this time, and its exciting to know if I do this, which I so can, I'll be 134 on the groups scales, as they read 144 last night, clothed and at night.
so 134 to me is like woooohoooo. I was 136 when i fell pregnant with number 2, so that will be 4 babies pregnancy gains GONE!!!

I am still not in much of an eating mood, I guess my week has been so busy, I have not had time to think about food much.
I got a brain fart idea for a quilt for my littlest girl, and have been eager to get that project going, so any spare time its on that. and busy fingers means no time to snack on naughty stuff LOL.

todays food:
big bowl all-bran (the apple flavour)
and skim milk.
yogurt, not lowfat, but homemade.
bowl of veggie soup made with barley
fruit smoothie, rockmelon, blueberry and kiwi, with a teaspoon of spirilina added in.

so I have met the carb, dairy, fruit and veggie for today, but missing on the protien, well, meat, as the protien comes from milk, yogurt.
I ahve my eye on some prawns for dinner, and we're low on salad stuff, so I might go with prawns and soup LOL

trying to empty the fridges and freezers out as we're going to the city for a few days, and dont want to leave much behind, as last time we had a power failure, and lost all the stuff.
karin
mum of 5

dragonfly

Postby laughing_sheep » Wed Mar 23, 2011 8:06 pm

YUM that fruit smoothie sounds like heaven! Why are you going into the city, and which city is it exactly? Hope you have a nice trip :D

I wish I had that problem of not eating enough lol!
~Steph~

laughing_sheep

Postby dragonfly » Thu Mar 31, 2011 11:13 pm

31-3-2011

Perth!!!! its 4 hours from here.

broccoli is so high in calories, I didn't realize!!! on WW plan the veggies are point free.... but wow, a head of broccoli is apparently over 200calories. whoa!!!
and yes I like to eat a whole head in my stir fry. I like to eat big meals. I would never survive on a lap banding diet, I need to eat, and I like to eat alot. I can eat alot for 2000cals a day, when i eat the right foods. 4 mars bars, or kilos of *good* foods. I think i wrote about this before.
I am kinda addicted to albran cereal now. luckily it was a sale this week. I should have bought 2 boxes. didn't think. du'oh!!
I love how regular it makes me, as I have always had a problem with that, and I think feeling bloated and sluggish doesn't help at all.
I boxed for 23 minutes, then danced for 7 more minutes, so I found my 30 today.
while is the shower i was thinkign about the ad on tv with the mum dancing to the wiggles to find her 30. its so true. you dont need to have a formal 30min gym session to get your 30 in your day. I have lost 45kilos with a gym in sight. there has been no treadmills, or exercise bike, or vibration machine, or whatever you find at the gym lol.
its been walking, hiking, climbing, boxing and dancing :) all things I can do with kids. I am doing it now, and not waiting until the kdis are older and I have more ME time, I am making it ahppen now.
I love the song flash dance, MAKE IT HAPPEN, and its a very well listened to song on my ipod while walking.
love music, and music is my reward. I buy new tunes for doing a great job.
so its the end of the month, and I look back and I lost 2.9kilos last month. I set myself a challenge, so that each month the end weight is lower than the start weight. no set amount, just as long as its lower. I achieved almost 3 kilos, so thats AWESOME!!!
I have my sisters wedding in 6mths time, and i would love to have lost another 20kilos by then. Its our 10year wedding anniversary that weekend too, so we might hire a babysitter, and have a night alone as well, havent had that in, well..... 10 years LOL. So to be 65kilos lighter, and 5kilos off my wedding weight, would be great.
more and more people are commenting on my weightloss now. I do find it hard, but I am learning to say thankyou and smile at them.
some people have asked what diet I am using, and I reply, just eat well, and find 30. thats really all there is to it at the moment. somedays I find more than 30, and thats a real bonus!!!

food:
allbran with skim milk
subway 6inch chicken teriyaki, letuce, cucumber, no cheese, multigrain
slice of turkey
100grms seaweed crackers
1 peach
1 nectarine
1 kiwi fruit
1/2 cup blueberries
fruit salad in juice
250grms banana yogurt, (homemade)
1 brocoli
1 carrot
4 mushrooms
1 capsicum
80grms rice noodles
150grams prawns
kecap manis
oyster sauce
tamerind paste

all came to 2100 calories for the day. earnt 400 in exercise.

I think I might go weigh my brocoli. its bugging me LOL
karin
mum of 5

dragonfly

Postby dragonfly » Thu Mar 31, 2011 11:24 pm

the guy at the health foods store told me to try chlorophyll.
so for a few days, I have been adding to my smoothies.
the smell is like the old ocean, but you cant taste it.
makes a gross looking smoothie, close your eyes to drink it LOL
its only been a few days, but I dont see any difference in my life......

Chlorophyll and health

Research on the health benefits of chlorophyll has focused on the area of cancer (including treatment and prevention). This research got underway when damage to genes (or more precisely, to the genes' DNA) by carcinogenic substances called aflatoxins (or more precisely aflatoxin B1, or AFB1), was found to be prevented by chlorophyllin. Chlorophyllin is a derivative of chlorophyll in which the magnesium in its center is removed (usually by placing it in an acid bath in a science lab) and replaced with copper.

Research studies in humans have found that damage to DNA by aflatoxin can be decreased as much as 55% through supplementation with chlorophyllin at 100 milligrams, three times a day, for four months. This amount of chlorophyllin, 300 milligrams per day, is the same amount of chlorophyll found in one weighted ounce of spinach (a little over 1/2 cup of chopped raw spinach). Although research is still in the early stage, prevention and treatment of liver cancer, skin cancer, and colon cancer are all being investigated in relationship to intake of chlorophyll-containing vegetables and supplementation with chlorophyllin.

and more google stuff...
Consumption of leafy vegetables, rich in chlorophyll and chlorophyll derivatives such as chlorophyllin, is associated with reduced risks of certain types of cancers. Therefore, consumption of chlorophyll-rich diet could prevent or delay the onset of certain diseases such as cancer that manifest with aging and are induced by free radicals.

and...
Chlorophyll has anti-inflammatory, antioxidant, and wound-healing properties. Chlorophyll and chlorophyllin are able to form tight molecular complexes with certain chemicals known or suspected to cause cancer, including polyaromatic hydrocarbons found in tobacco smoke. Chlorophyll is a good source of antioxidant nutrients. Antioxidant nutrients such as vitamins A, C and E help to neutralise harmful molecules (free radicals) in the body that can cause damage to healthy cells. Chlorophyll is an efficient deliverer of magnesium and helps the blood carry oxygen to the cells and tissue. Chlorophyll assists in the chelation of heavy metals. Chlorophyll has been studied for its potential in stimulating tissue growth and in stimulating red blood cells in connection with oxygen supply. Chlorophyll also removes carbon dioxide and carbon monoxide, and has been found to reduce fecal, urinary, and body odor. Chlorophyll may reduce the binding of carcinogens to DNA in the liver and other organs. Chlorophyll may be beneficial in the treatment of calcium oxalate stone disease and that they may have some anti-atherogenic activity. It also breaks down calcium-oxalate stones, which are created by the body to neutralize acid, for elimination. Calcium oxalate stones are better known as kidney stones. Chlorophyll and chlorophyllin may have some antimutagenic and anticarcinogenic potential, may help protect against some toxins, and may ameliorate some drug side effects. Chlorophyll has been used traditionally to improve bad breath, as well as to reduce the odors of urine, feces, and infected wounds.

I dunno.... I am not a smoker, I quit 12 years ago.... but I'll do the jar and then see how I feel. if anything the capsules or the liquid would be easier, as the powder is almost water repellent, and does not mix well. but if its gonna help with bad breath then... well.... would be nice to wake up smelling liek roses LOL
karin
mum of 5

dragonfly

Postby laughing_sheep » Sun Apr 03, 2011 12:04 pm

Sounds really bad lol! I had a similar experience with green spirulina powder, it tasted so bad I couldn''t drink it though. I wish I'd bought the capsules. Sometimes these things take a while to work. I remember when I read the Liver Cleansing Diet book she mentioned that bad breath can be a sign of bad liver function which is something we need to keep in mind with no gallbladders to help process that fat in our bodies. When was the last time you had a general blood test done at the doctor's? I had mine done in April last year so I'm due for another check up sometime this month, put scared to go actually.
~Steph~

laughing_sheep

Postby dragonfly » Sun Apr 03, 2011 9:16 pm

I had a medical done about a week or so ago, and I sure with the dr we have in town at the moment, if the slightest thing was wrong she'd call me up. she is obsessed about weight, and fat people, and tells people they need to loose weight, or they will die. even people in town have been told they are 500grams-1kilo overweight!!! i mean cmon! I poo and loose 1 kilo LOL
so yeah waiting on those results.

So here I sit at 6:15, thinking I need to eat something..... but I feel a bit sick-ish and not hungry at all. hubby is away, and I could just eat the timtams in the freezer, but i dont want them. I dont like frozen chocolate LOL, so they would take 1 hour until they would be ready to eat, the theory is that its too long to wait, and i wouldnt eat them LOL. it does work, sort of. the other night I did take them out and ate 4. LOL

todays food:
2 slices rye multigrain bread
2 eggs, fried, nonstick pan, no oil.
yogurt and raspberries
bowl of veggie and barley soup
1 box snakata crackers (415 cals)
all-bran cereal 93grms (lol I weighed it lol)
and milk, skim, which i didnt weigh ha ha.

and thats it!!!
I had plans for another bowl of soup and a fruit smoothie.... which i dont feel like.
todays cals would come in at around 1500 then. bit low.
how strange LOL
karin
mum of 5

dragonfly

Postby dragonfly » Sun Apr 03, 2011 9:24 pm

clothes clean up today.
I went thru my clothes with a very fine toothed comb. I also removed all the tags that could be removed from the tops. I hate tags. I hate how they are harsh and prickly. I also dont need to be reminded that my clothes are anythign from a 14 to a 26.
I chose to keep clothes that made me feel good wearing them, felt comfortable, and looked good on me. the stuff which was too big has been packed to a bag for the op shop. I went to the garden shed and got out last winters clothes. i had items from when i was working in a clothing fashion shop from 10 years ago, they are not my style, they didnt fit well, they werent comfortable, but hey, they were fashion.... BACK THEN!!! so out they go. I dont need a closet full of clothes I wont wear. I want to open the door, grab anything that takes my fancy, and know its all gonna fit, and look good. not the pile of maybe next year, or loose 40kilos pile.
ok ok, I do have 3 things in the loose a bit of weight pile, and I have jeans in 22, 20, and 18 waiting as motivations, but they arent in plain view ifykwim??
I must say I love my closet, and I cant wait for winter now.

and on a side note, I have noticed how much more slimmer my legs are getting already, and it does scare me. like I do love the way they look now, I am scared of them looking skinnier, but I am sure once I see them skinnier I will love them. ok silly mental blockages. be gone!!!
karin
mum of 5

dragonfly

Postby laughing_sheep » Mon Apr 04, 2011 8:26 pm

dragonfly wrote:I had a medical done about a week or so ago, and I sure with the dr we have in town at the moment, if the slightest thing was wrong she'd call me up. she is obsessed about weight, and fat people, and tells people they need to loose weight, or they will die. even people in town have been told they are 500grams-1kilo overweight!!! i mean cmon! I poo and loose 1 kilo LOL
so yeah waiting on those results.

So here I sit at 6:15, thinking I need to eat something..... but I feel a bit sick-ish and not hungry at all. hubby is away, and I could just eat the timtams in the freezer, but i dont want them. I dont like frozen chocolate LOL, so they would take 1 hour until they would be ready to eat, the theory is that its too long to wait, and i wouldnt eat them LOL. it does work, sort of. the other night I did take them out and ate 4. LOL

todays food:
2 slices rye multigrain bread
2 eggs, fried, nonstick pan, no oil.
yogurt and raspberries
bowl of veggie and barley soup
1 box snakata crackers (415 cals)
all-bran cereal 93grms (lol I weighed it lol)
and milk, skim, which i didnt weigh ha ha.

and thats it!!!
I had plans for another bowl of soup and a fruit smoothie.... which i dont feel like.
todays cals would come in at around 1500 then. bit low.
how strange LOL

Sounds like yummy food! My favourite rice crackers are the Fantastic salt and vinegar flavour because I love salt and vinegar chips.

dragonfly wrote:clothes clean up today.
I went thru my clothes with a very fine toothed comb. I also removed all the tags that could be removed from the tops. I hate tags. I hate how they are harsh and prickly. I also dont need to be reminded that my clothes are anythign from a 14 to a 26.
I chose to keep clothes that made me feel good wearing them, felt comfortable, and looked good on me. the stuff which was too big has been packed to a bag for the op shop. I went to the garden shed and got out last winters clothes. i had items from when i was working in a clothing fashion shop from 10 years ago, they are not my style, they didnt fit well, they werent comfortable, but hey, they were fashion.... BACK THEN!!! so out they go. I dont need a closet full of clothes I wont wear. I want to open the door, grab anything that takes my fancy, and know its all gonna fit, and look good. not the pile of maybe next year, or loose 40kilos pile.
ok ok, I do have 3 things in the loose a bit of weight pile, and I have jeans in 22, 20, and 18 waiting as motivations, but they arent in plain view ifykwim??
I must say I love my closet, and I cant wait for winter now.

and on a side note, I have noticed how much more slimmer my legs are getting already, and it does scare me. like I do love the way they look now, I am scared of them looking skinnier, but I am sure once I see them skinnier I will love them. ok silly mental blockages. be gone!!!

Fantastic work on the clothes clean up, I did that a few months ago too when I realized I was constantly opening my drawers and finding that they were full of clothes I wouldn't wear. So I got rid of them, mostly because they were way too big or looked terrible on me, or were my mum's old clothes that didn't suit me. Now I feel like I can open a drawer and find clothes to wear. Well I did until the weather turned cold! Now I'm going to have to go and fork out some money on a winter wardobe as I only have one pair of jeans that fit me properly even those are little bit loose.
~Steph~

laughing_sheep

Postby dragonfly » Sat Apr 09, 2011 3:03 pm

60min walk around the rock, leg burn baby LOL
then 15mins stacking wood, and a 5 min boxing session. phew. now time to relax :)
oh but the washing needs doing, and cooking, cleaning... bleh!!! lol

but positive results with the scales giving me 141.2 this morning, YAY!!! almost saying goodbye to the 40's forever!! yay!
karin
mum of 5

dragonfly

Postby dragonfly » Tue Apr 19, 2011 10:46 pm

19-4-2011
scales back up to 143.7 again!!!
major bloat and feel so yucky.
why do i do this to myself? I feel like s.hit and keep doing it again and again.
I dont care about the gain, alot of it is fluid and bloat, but it still means i have to loose it again.
I just cant find my mojo again. I walked and boxed yesterday, but then ended up eating crap today. I skipped lunch and ate choc eggs instead. :roll:
i sooo want to get out of the 140's
and I sooo need to loose 4 kilos by saturday to fit my pants properly, but when put face to face with a challenge I sabotage myself and walk the opposite direction.
fear of failure? fear of success???

I have also been watching RUBY on t.v. a woman was 716lbs, now 344lbs. similar to my weight, altho I am 315lbs, I was 420, but still, anyway, besides that lol, I know what she is dealing with.
she had a fat girls meeting and they discussed the abused child, ends up being overweight. if thats true, there are alot of abused children out there.
she mentioned the way they have no control over their childhood, then the only thing they can control is food, and end up anorexic or obese.
I am still trying to figure out the control bit and how it might go into my reason for becoming obese.
I blame the pregnancy's and all, but its my unhappiness with where I am living. and those around me. I do believe a new start in a new country, ok city, would be a natural new lifestyle and i would loose weight naturally.

not having control over my life, as in where I live, and who lives near me, being controlled by the IL's and being a doormat and a puppet for them for so long, I guess I used food as my control. it was something they couldnt control on me.

its a sad sad story, but since cutting certain people from my life, I lost 45 kilos. but these people dont liek staying cut out, and are always there mentally. and well physically. they live next door still. so yeah. I WANNA MOVE!!! (i cant :( ) wont get into that, but I am stuck here. again, a control over me by someone else. I cant be the decider of my own destiny, and it sucks.

so until then, I need to get back on my band wagon, and hold them reighns tightly. hold on, dont let go, and show them I am in control over my food, and I am the winner.
karin
mum of 5

dragonfly

PreviousNext

Return to Daily Food Diary