It is currently Tue Mar 31, 2020 9:53 am

Free Newsletter

dragonfly's food :)

Share and keep track of what you eat each day to help you lose weight.

Moderator: Moderators

Re: dragonfly's food :)

Postby Dave » Sat Oct 09, 2010 10:57 pm

LOL...you love those smoothies hey....glad to see you've been busy...BUT I do hope you are also finding peace amongst all this. Things are going a little better for me now...I was a little out of sorts with the POOR me thing and can't afford to eat bla bla......trying to keep my spirits up & seeing how so many of you are sticking to your guns has really inspired me...I hope you all do well...........ZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzz I am still keeping active myself and will now hit the sack as I am keen to sweat it out on the footpath.....I have made it from the treadmill to the road which is my little goal achieved there :) Even better i have also halved my meal amounts and still getting all the nutrition I need....well mostly.....still learning...................anyways................GoodZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz...................zonked!
"Action may not always bring happiness, but there is no happiness without action"
.................. Image...............
Dave

Postby dragonfly » Tue Oct 12, 2010 7:25 pm

12-10-2010

breakfast: 160grams chicken 97% fat free
1 apple
lunch: crackers
yogurt
cashews and almonds
turkish delight bar
dinner: dont know, will be at the weightloss group for dinner

so not much food consumed today, have been busy and not home much.
I have also been away in the city, (home is 4 hours from capital city) and was amazed at how hard it is to be *good* away from home.
i thought wok in a box was good, and chose the menu with 95% fat free.
still contained 30grams of fat!!! and 1000calories.
was a shock to say the least. so while these things can be eaten, the rest of the day must be very low fat, and healthy too.
hate to think about the other menu options!!! eeeeek!
I had subways, at least they are upfront and say 6grams of fat for the 6inch.

I stayed away from macdonalds, and kfc, hj's and all those ones, and just bought alot of my own and microwaved and toasted things as best as I could.
hubby did tell me about the KFC filet box, which apparently offers chicken with only 7grams of fat, being its baked not fried.
am yet to suss that one out.

I walked as much as I could while in the city, but the kids were struck down with a bug, and after they all ahd it, it got me too. I must admit one night there i ate marshmellows for dinner. my theory was i was just gonna throw them up again anyway LOL.

weightloss is sporadic, but the jeans are waaaaaayyyy looser :)
karin
mum of 5
loosing by eating low fat, natural, organic and fresh

heaviest weight: 189kg
goal weight: 89kg
currently: 143.5kg
TOTAL LOST: 45.5kg
dragonfly

Postby Dave » Tue Oct 12, 2010 10:24 pm

Sure is hard when away from the kitchen cupboards. Your obviously in the right mindset though Dragonfly. Unfortunately sometimes we just have to make the best of it...I now carry water and some fresh carrot/cellery sticks and the like with me for those long trips...I've basically written off all the takeaways as like you've hinted at...the fat free thing rarely comes with anything healthy...more like bloating the gut to get your filling...add to that the fact that most so called takeaways also buy the cheapest bread rolls...pasta...et...that have all the additive and so forth...Glad you brought the subject up actually as I do get caught out often and have to decide whats worse...skipping a meal or eating something as best you can......The CITY would be hard...nearest veggie store for me and a piece of fruit or carrot in that situation. Good feeling when the clothes start to slip...I'm using a small piece of rope to hold up all my pants until I can afford to replace them with smaller pairs.

Thanks again for your encouragement :wink:
"Action may not always bring happiness, but there is no happiness without action"
Dave

Postby dragonfly » Wed Oct 13, 2010 5:40 pm

13-10-2010

daily food
smoothie.... rockmelon, kiwi and passionfruit
(yes I love smoothies)
apple
yogurt
160grams chicken meat
cous cous lemon and lime flavoured with 40gms chicken
cucumber sticks
dinner:
??

last night was vegetables a bread roll and chicken goulash. was really yummy, and the cook said it was low fat :)
I have lost some more weight acording tot he scales at the weightloss group.
we also did measurements, and altho my bust was bigger (different bra, different time of month...) I did loose an inch off waist and 3 inches off hips.
karin
mum of 5

dragonfly

Postby dragonfly » Thu Oct 14, 2010 9:57 pm

14/10/2010

one month until my birfday!!! eeeep. I guess I had plans to have lost 10kilos by then. so being down 9 already, I should make that goal ;) ha ha

so food:
2boiled eggs on 1 slice rye bread
cashews
4slices ryebread
100grms chicken
1 small avacado
dory fish steamed
salad (letuce, cuccumber, snowpeas, celery, mushrooms, capsicum)
green tea

on reflection: what a carb filled day LOL
BUT, the rye does not bloat me like the white bread does. its the burgen rye, and very dense and heavy, and very filling and satisfying.
i had to send hubby to grocery shop today as I wasnt taking the five kids out, and he was already in town.
he bought waaayyyy too much junk food lol, as he is home alone with the kids all weekend while I go to work.
so anyway he brought home some lowfat yogurt, which i will have some later while watching t.v
there was no walking, I did 2 trips to the bus-stop, which equals 20mins walking all up, but I dont consider that exercise lol
I did have every intention, but the wind was bitterly cold, and strong and wasnt fair on the 3little kids being out in such cold.
last night I indulged in some cadbury dairy milk chocolate with smooth flowing caramel inside..... ha ha ha.
hmmmm delicious. tastes soooo good when you really reward yourself with it, and not have it as a everyday snack, well 3 times a day, every day LOL.

I really need to eat an apple, and have some of that yogurt before it gets too late.
karin
mum of 5

dragonfly

Postby dragonfly » Fri Oct 15, 2010 11:50 pm

15/10.2010

back in the city again.

food:
yogurt with raspberries, and little red berries and blueberries and blackberrys (frozen sara lee in a box lol)
apple
100grams seaweed crackers
6inch snitzel subway, no cheese.
1 giant corn cob
brazil nuts
raw peanuts
strawberries
pepsi max

new discovery... one i already knew, but just never did it much...... the corn cob. still in the husk, microwaved for 5 mins, an eaten straight from the cob. juicy, satisfying, and becasue it takes longer to eat this way, tricks the brain into thinking you have eaten heaps.
microwave not the best cooking option, but in the case of travellign away from home, its an awesome option.
i am now laying on the bed with my laptop, munching on strawberries.
I walked to the mall, bypassed the supermarket and went to the small bloke with only fruit and veggies and other gourmet chinese?? foods. the corn out does anything i bought in coles or woolies, and there are no rotten strawberries in the punnet. i also picked up a pineapple with the sweetest aromas and a cucumber and some pink ladies apples to munch on for the 4 hour trip tommrow. he had no baby carrots :( but our carrot seeds ahve sprouted at home. nothing is better than fresh, natural home grown foods.
I even love peas fresh of the vine while i am gardening. sadly something add all my pea seedlings, so now will ahve to plant more seeds.

i am loving the feeling to feel so light inside. i am full, no hunger pains, no grumblings, but not bloated and sick feeling that comes with the over processed foods, and eating too much of them.
karin
mum of 5

dragonfly

Postby dragonfly » Sat Oct 23, 2010 1:56 pm

23/10/2010

well its the lizzards eating all my seedlings. so we have sprung WAR on them, and i am catching them and then taking them out bush to a new home!!! ha ha ha. so far 8 have been re-homed!!!

i am not really tracking my food so much, and I like it this way. I have never been a fan of counting and measuring.
but I am loosing weight so thats all that matters right?
since the gallbladder op, I weighed in that night at 167.5kilos, and the other night at my weightloss group (same scales) weighed 166.5
its been about 6 weeks since the op.
at my weightloss group, we share a meal....i had some kebabs off the bbq, zuchinni, prawns, and capsicums, but they must have used oil..... didnt fair to well that night.
so i am not ready for oil.
last night i cooked corn cobs on th bbq, in their husks, and no oil, as well as zuchinnis with no oil.
cookign without oil is a bit trickier, but CAN be done.
we used to buy oil in bulk, but now use a spray can, and a bottle of olive oil lasts weeks, if not months.

i have been leaving cheese off the subway subs, and using that extra saved calories to eat an extra apple.

i think the trick is not to eat less.
the secret is to eat less calories and more food.

so this means choosing lower fat options, and raw foods, and that way eating 1600calories of food a day could be 3 mars bars, OR kilos of fresh fruit and veggies, whole grain bread, prawns, salmon, fish, tuna, chicken, noodles, salads, and pasta, nuts, avacados, rice, smoothies, yogurt.
my metabolism is just roaring on FIRE!!!
the amount of food i eat each day, and every 1-2 hours I am snacking or eating something. even if its a few carrot or cucumber sticks, or a handful of nuts. I am always eating!!!
I even have chocolate occasionally, and i have icecream in the freezer for later.

I never thought i would enjoy this kind of living, i wont say diet, as i dont feel restricted. yes when eating out, I feel i have to watch what I eat, but at home, i make sure all the things in the fridge and pantry are things I can eat.

I love the feeling of feeling so light inside. i know i said it before, but wow!!!! to feel full, but not stuffed and bloated and lethargic as the body sluggishly chews thru and processes all the crap food you jsut ate.
karin
mum of 5

dragonfly

Postby Dave » Sat Oct 23, 2010 8:51 pm

took me quite a few months...more like 6-12 before I really got on top of things after me gall bladder opp. The counting thing has never worked for me...Only wised up when I started looking for all the preservatives and eating whole foods...made some Jerky...awesome nibblys now that the dehydrator has arived :D ... I go by gut feeling now...as long as I have a little whole in mt gut and keep the meals down sized...then all is well. I do get tired after working out some what, however I take my age/ailments/sleep patterns/environmental exposure and so many other variables into consideration, that I don't think its as simple as I did not eat enough...my body is doing quite well using the fat at present. I still think your on the right track dragonfly...good stuff :D
Dave

Postby dragonfly » Mon Oct 25, 2010 11:13 pm

25-10-10

well 15 lizzards have now a new home LOL
everything is growing lovely, with this warmth here, 35C today. the lettuce is the one really noticable. the corns are bolting too :)

early start this morning, so a kate morgan shake for breakfast.
8brazil nuts
raspberries and yogurt
2buns with chicken and avacado toasted (dry)
green tea
4 rice cakes wholegrain, plain
garden salad
potato salad (homemade, 10grams fat total)
chicken with bush spices.

I am sure I ate other things LOL ha ha cant remeber now.

40min walk.

and time to dig out some old jeans again, these ones are getting looser. will still be good for another few weeks, but I love trying on jeans that wont even go past the knees, and then every 2 weeks try them on again, and then eventaully fit them :)
karin
mum of 5

dragonfly

Postby laughing_sheep » Tue Oct 26, 2010 6:13 am

Wow you've lost alot of weight, well done. :)

You have an interesting food diary, I should include some nuts as snacks too because they're full of protein and very sustaining.
~Steph~

Starting weight: 92
Current weight: 70
Goal weight: 66
laughing_sheep

Postby Dave » Tue Oct 26, 2010 9:12 pm

Good luck with the old jeans...my wife can't believe I kept my old ones...but I got a long way to go to fit into those :roll: ...all the same...it's a good goal!
Dave

Postby dragonfly » Fri Oct 29, 2010 10:27 pm

29-10-2010

food:
honeydew melon and kiwi smoothie
rice crackers
apple
multigrain roll
turkey meat
1/2 avacado
potato salad (home made)
small peice organic ribeye steak on BBQ (no fat used to grill)
salad
cob of corn
camomile and green tea
vanilla and green tea
yogurt with raspberries

20min walk.

finally got to wear a pair of pants i had been eyeing off for a very very long time, and wore them, and they were so old they rotted on the seam, so off to the rag bin, as the fabric is so rotten :( so bugger. at least i got to wear them once lol.
my skin is looking better, and less dry now that I am able to take the omega fish tablets again. I need to look at some new ones, as the box is nearly empty. I want good quality ones, not the cheap 1000's for $2 ones.

I also have a liver clenase tablets pack, and need to start taking them too.

have lost 14kilos since my operation.
karin
mum of 5

dragonfly

Postby dragonfly » Sat Oct 30, 2010 7:26 pm

30/10/10

shocking food today, dont know where my head is. but in 8 weeks, its the worst I have been I guess.
we're doing pizza tonight, and I could have joined in, but with todays choices, then no. lol
so i'll have a big fat smoothie instead.

food:
apple
apple
turkish delight bar
1/2 bag pascalls marshmellows
100gms seaweed fantastic rice crackers
2 cashews
4 rice cakes
green tea

so i skipped breakfast and ate 2 apples while watching DD play tennis. then being starving hungry, munched a whole pack of crackers while driving home. then was feeling rather full, so skipped lunch. the marshmallows gave me that quick fix energy boost, but short lived. very much a bad eating habit I used to live by before. except i know when to stop. I had 4 rice cakes and some green tea for some slower release energy, and satisfy the rumbling tummy. I am really hungry again, and today's food is a total blow out. Not in fat, or calories, but in a sense of being balanced and healthy which is my aim, rather than just solely concentrating on calories.
the smoothie will balance it out a bit lol, but there's also some salad from last night left, lettuce, cucumber, capsicum, baby spinach leaves, so i might have that for dinner as well, so I am still eating when everyone else is eating.

so back to healthier tommorow, and a BIG walk. clear the mind, and reset the body.
karin
mum of 5

dragonfly

Postby dragonfly » Sun Oct 31, 2010 2:40 pm

31-10-2010

last day of october!!!
am I where I wanted to be? yes. definately.
I have lost around 15kilos from the 1st september, when I was admitted to hospital.
but not only the weightloss aspect of it, but the lifestyle changes I have made. something I wouldnt have made if it wasnt for the operation.
its been a 2nd chance at life, at being the best I can be.
I had lost weight before, but a death, family issues, and an emotional war with the inlaws caused me to gain back 20 kilos of the 40 I lost.
I kept waking up each day, with the intention to start again, but never did. I was waiting for some miricle to happen to motivate me, and I am truely lucky this miricle did come along, and kick my ass back into gear.
I now weigh what I did last christmas. I have 4 kilos to get back to the 40kilos lost mark. but I know it will happen, and I will pass that, and be at 45kilos lost perhaps by christmas.
shoot for the moon, and if I miss my goal, at least I'll fall amoungst the stars.

For me I NEED to see scales numbers drop. To me thats a measure of sucess. the measurements, and all, yes are good, but I cant see it. I mean I see myself everyday, I dont notice the 100grams falling off each day. people who see me every few weeks have commented on a difference, but to me, I cant see it. so yes I need to see the scales drop to know I have lost weight.

I am also haveing head wars at the moment, struggling with the fears of becoming smaller, slimmer. sounds crazy, but I have always been big. sure I want to be slim, but the mind is playing silly games with me, and trying to sabotage my efforts. hard to explain, but its a subconcious voice telling me to stay fat, thats what I am, and will always be, fat. I need to push thru this.

so after yesterdays sugar attack, lol, today has been much better.

breakfast smoothie,
papaya, strawberry, yogurt smoothie,
apple
roobioos tea with vanilla
50grams seaweed crackers

and the rest of the day is MINE!!! hmmm. what to eat LOL
karin
mum of 5

dragonfly

Postby dragonfly » Mon Nov 01, 2010 2:42 pm

yesterdays food
papaya, strawberry, yogurt smoothie,
apple
roobioos tea with vanilla
50grams seaweed crackers
2 whole grain buns
2 slices turkey meat
1 avocado
1 hot choc with 3 marshmellows
yogurt with frozen raspberries
apple
green tea with chamomile
1 peice of fish
6 prawns
garden salad

so much food!!!!!!! lol I love it :)
each day i watch the scales drop down :)

01-11-2010
2 weeks until birthday. yes I am a scorpio. lol

smoothie.... (how unusual)
kiwi, banana and raspberry with yogurt and skim milk
apple
green tea with cranberry
big handful nuts (brazil, almond, cashew, walnut, hazelnut)
4 rice cakes
lots of water

lunch.... hmmmm dont know, dinner, hmm dont know. lol oops.
karin
mum of 5

dragonfly

PreviousNext

Return to Daily Food Diary