It is currently Tue Jul 14, 2020 1:32 pm

Free Newsletter

dragonfly's food :)

Share and keep track of what you eat each day to help you lose weight.

Moderator: Moderators

Re: dragonfly's food :)

Postby laughing_sheep » Thu Nov 11, 2010 10:17 am

dragonfly wrote:oh and steph, that *time* of the month is coming in about a week, and the pre-week for me is just torture LOL
I am going to stay strong, and I am going to hit the mini goal I set myself :)

I'm sorry to hear that! Good luck through that PMS, I hate it too!
~Steph~

Starting weight: 92
Current weight: 70
Goal weight: 66
laughing_sheep

Postby dragonfly » Thu Nov 11, 2010 2:29 pm

well, a friends hubby says diet coke doesnt work, as you always see fat people drinking it.... never the skinny people.....

I was like ha ha ha, not.

then its like, well, yes, true. my skinny sister never drinks diet drinks.
but if thats true it makes you crave more sugar, and increases insulin, hmmm..... its interesting, food for thought lol.

and i never thought about what the poor liver is doing just to process those aspartame stuff,fake sugars.
the media and all, is just so powerful to lead you to believe so many things.
that no sugar stuff is better than a full sugar item. but in reality, we'd be better off with the real sugar, but just in moderation and not as a daily thing.

alot of my misguided information comes from womens weekly, and new idea mags I read at doctors surgerys. the 7 day diet plans made to loose 3 kilos.
the avoid potaoes as they are fat idea I have had in my head for years, when in fact potatoes contain eeeeny weeny not worth mentioning amounts of fat. its HOW we cook them that makes the fat go sky high.
the banana's are fattening idea, which they are not!!! and the drummed into our head so many messages which arent 100% true.
I am learning everyday new things, and how to eat for life, not to follow a diet plan, or a calorie controlled restricted life, which i know in the past has only lasted a few months, and often only a week LOL

i try to think back to my grandmother, born in 1910. (she died at 93 years old) and what she ate. sweets and lollies were a absolute special item, and even tho they didnt have access to alot of fresh stuff like we do, there foods were based around whole foods, and dinosaur nuggets and green tomato sauce was unheard of.
we are very lucky to have fruits and vegetables from around the world to sample and try, for a great variety.

but one thing I hate, is the fresh garlic bulbs..... NEVER australian grown. c'mon people, please supply aussie garlic!!!!!
I tried growing my own, never had much sucess, but might give it another go, now we have some more water again.
karin
mum of 5
loosing by eating low fat, natural, organic and fresh

heaviest weight: 189kg
goal weight: 89kg
currently: 143.5kg
TOTAL LOST: 45.5kg
dragonfly

Postby Dave » Sun Nov 14, 2010 9:34 am

Agrees, agrees again & then totally agrees one more time :D
"Action may not always bring happiness, but there is no happiness without action"
.................. Image...............
Dave

Postby laughing_sheep » Sun Nov 14, 2010 11:07 am

How have you been going this weekend with this heat dragonfly? One filling meal I've discovered is mixing tuna in springwater with low-fat cottage cheese, it makes a great filling for sandwiches with nice salad ingredients :D
~Steph~

laughing_sheep

Postby laughing_sheep » Sun Nov 14, 2010 4:05 pm

Also, happy birthday!!!!!! :D Hope its a good one/was a good one (depending on when you read this lol!).
~Steph~

laughing_sheep

Postby dragonfly » Sun Nov 14, 2010 11:19 pm

thanks, I did have a good day :)

to end it off, well it ahsnt ended yet,..... thats gonna be TMI int he bedroom :P
but hubby and I went for a lovely walk, about an hour long, and watched the sun setting over the golden paddocks of wheat and barley.

those sausages are still in the freezer, i didnt even really feel like them. oh well lol.
today I ate:

kiwi, raspberry, yogurt and milk smoothie, with added olive leaf extract
hot chocolate with skim milk
2 homemade multigrain rolls with chicken and avocado
alot of lollies, but it wasnt a spur of the moment thing, or uncontrolled, it was a measured out amount, of my favourites, put into a box, and taken with me for the drive, when we went to the tip. (yay exciting place to go on my birthday lol) I enjoyed them, and now I wont need to eat them for a long time.
cous cous like um.... 4 serves, lol
and 3 homemade chicken kebabs, marinated in lime juice, garlic and chilli. YUM!!!

not alot of snacking happening today, as we were busy with the gardening and tidying the yard up a bit. I thought about a nanna nap, but chose to go to the garden. much more satisfying to see results with the lawn and spreading out mulch.
have had the pleasure of sampling the first of the snowpeas. the cucumbers are a day or 2 off picking, and the lettuce in our salad last night was devine!!!
strawberries are close, but still a week off I think, and 2-3 weeks off from picking the carrots.
the corn are 2-3 weeks off as well, and I cant wait for them, so juicy hmmmm.
I have been using a few herbs in the cooking, mint, corriander, parsley, rosemary and thyme.
my fav spice is a lime and chilli, but when i read the ingredients list, the first thing was salt. I am thinking I could make my own just as easily. with less other stuff in it, and just plain lime and chilli. I will buy a chilli plant next time I am at the garden shop. we have 4 capsicum plants growing, had great sucess with them last year too :)
the lime tree is on its first year fruiting, and put all the effort into flowers it didnt grow leaves, so it looks a bit funny. I think we might get about 10limes.
the lemon tree will supply over 50 lemons. we have 5 apricots and 1 almond, and about 6 plums. not bad for trees planted less than 12months ago.
this is the last of the crop from march this year...
we also have butternut pumpkins in, and a few other variety.
zuchinni, rockmelon, watermelon, tomatoes, beans, iceburgs, celery, califlower, broccoli, spring onions, beetroot.

the weather hasnt been too bad at all really, with a cold front having moved in for a few days, i even had my electric blanket on last night!!!
I am drinking alot of water, and enjoying 2 cups of tea a day.
I wasnt going to have some freshly squeezed oranges on ice as a treat tonight, but i dont feel like that either LOL as its not really hot enough.
the size 28 jeans are packed away, the size 26 ones are going in for retirement, and the size 24 jeans I wore today ;)
karin
mum of 5

dragonfly

Postby laughing_sheep » Mon Nov 15, 2010 9:24 am

Yum those home grown vegies look great. I'm sure they'd be so much healthier too for you and your fam :D

I'm glad you had a nice birthday and that it wasn't too hot your way! In Sydney it felt like it was 40 degrees on both saturday and sunday, 'beach weather' for skinny size 8 girls, 'hibernate inside in front of fan' for girls like me lol.
~Steph~

laughing_sheep

Postby Dave » Mon Nov 15, 2010 2:03 pm

Sounds like your definitely on Track...Have started walking again myself...Love the Pic...very healthy looking specimens...must go do some more work on mine.
ImageImageImage
"Action may not always bring happiness, but there is no happiness without action"
Dave

Postby Butterfly_Dawn » Wed Nov 17, 2010 8:10 am

Hey dragonfly, where abouts in Aus are you? Garlic grows best in cool climates (which is why you don't see Aus grown very much) - Tas grows the BEST garlic with the most awesome flavour (I have a crop in ATM). If you're in a cooler region you can grow your own, it's dead easy, just plop the bulbs in at the right time (google it for your region), they grow, when the tops die back dig them out, hose them off, dry them for a few days/week then plait together and hang in a dry place in the kitchen or pantry. I plant a small bed each year and it gets me through about 3/4 of the year.
35kg lost. (November 2005 - October 2006)
15kg gained again (as at October 2010).
Back to the drawing board - Let's do this thing!

"You can't change the winds, but you can change the sails"

"Reach out and take control of what lands in your lap"

Butterfly_Dawn

Postby dragonfly » Thu Nov 18, 2010 5:20 pm

hey there butterflydawn..... so when its 45C outside, then yeah not a good thing LOL
I have a shaded area..... maybe they will do better there.

we are plannign on moving to tassie soon, was gonna be jan 2011, but this damn place wont sell.
karin
mum of 5

dragonfly

Postby dragonfly » Thu Nov 18, 2010 8:04 pm

18-11-2010

food:
apple
500mls water
subway 6 inch multigrain, chicken snitzel, pizza sauce, no cheese and salad
500mls water
200gm tub of yogurt, passionfruit flavour
nut assortment, alot of them lol
500mls water
25grams crackers, fantastic seaweed ones, which are 99% fat free.
1/2 lemon squeezed into a glass of water. with ice ;)
45mins gardening in the heat, urgh
500mls water
dinner will be salmon with chili and lime, and a garden salad. fresh lettuce, fresh picked snow peas. the rest store bought :( lol
theres a cucumber which is about 5inches long, i so wanna try it...... should i wait til it gets bigger?

was weighed and measured at the weight loss group, and have lost 11 kilos with them, and huge cms over my body. I am truely amazed. even tho it felt like i wasnt loosing, the cms sure said different now!! the plateau has ended tg for that, and the scales on the way down again. 149kilos (old scales) this morning. a far cry from the 187 i began at in feb 2009.
when i hit 40lost, i'll show some comparison pics.
i did loose 40 before, but due to the lights being turned out, i lost my way for about a year, until my gallbladder operation 11 weeks ago. its 16.5 kilos since the night i went to hospital. 2 more to hit where i was october 2009. I feel what a waste, as I already have lost those kilos, but in the same way, I did loose those all wrong, and it wasnt a sustainable way to live either. i lost them too fast, and my mind wasnt ready for the body to be thinner. hence the loosing my way.
I do believe I am better at it this time, lol, as I am makign choices for me, rather than the dr, or for fashion, or whatever. I am doing this for me, and my health. I am also not depriving myself, and allow myself to indulge occasionally. I am also making my life more active, walking more, and just a more positive attitude towards it all.
karin
mum of 5

dragonfly

Postby Butterfly_Dawn » Thu Nov 18, 2010 8:34 pm

dragonfly wrote:hey there butterflydawn..... so when its 45C outside, then yeah not a good thing LOL
I have a shaded area..... maybe they will do better there.

we are plannign on moving to tassie soon, was gonna be jan 2011, but this damn place wont sell.

No, they won't like 45 degrees... you'll get crappy flavoured huge bulbs :(

YAY for coming to Tassie - you'll have to halve the garlic in your meals :wink:
35kg lost. (November 2005 - October 2006)
15kg gained again (as at October 2010).
Back to the drawing board - Let's do this thing!

"You can't change the winds, but you can change the sails"

"Reach out and take control of what lands in your lap"

Butterfly_Dawn

Postby laughing_sheep » Thu Nov 18, 2010 10:44 pm

dragonfly wrote:18-11-2010

food:
apple
500mls water
subway 6 inch multigrain, chicken snitzel, pizza sauce, no cheese and salad
500mls water
200gm tub of yogurt, passionfruit flavour
nut assortment, alot of them lol
500mls water
25grams crackers, fantastic seaweed ones, which are 99% fat free.
1/2 lemon squeezed into a glass of water. with ice ;)
45mins gardening in the heat, urgh
500mls water
dinner will be salmon with chili and lime, and a garden salad. fresh lettuce, fresh picked snow peas. the rest store bought :( lol
theres a cucumber which is about 5inches long, i so wanna try it...... should i wait til it gets bigger?

was weighed and measured at the weight loss group, and have lost 11 kilos with them, and huge cms over my body. I am truely amazed. even tho it felt like i wasnt loosing, the cms sure said different now!! the plateau has ended tg for that, and the scales on the way down again. 149kilos (old scales) this morning. a far cry from the 187 i began at in feb 2009.
when i hit 40lost, i'll show some comparison pics.
i did loose 40 before, but due to the lights being turned out, i lost my way for about a year, until my gallbladder operation 11 weeks ago. its 16.5 kilos since the night i went to hospital. 2 more to hit where i was october 2009. I feel what a waste, as I already have lost those kilos, but in the same way, I did loose those all wrong, and it wasnt a sustainable way to live either. i lost them too fast, and my mind wasnt ready for the body to be thinner. hence the loosing my way.
I do believe I am better at it this time, lol, as I am makign choices for me, rather than the dr, or for fashion, or whatever. I am doing this for me, and my health. I am also not depriving myself, and allow myself to indulge occasionally. I am also making my life more active, walking more, and just a more positive attitude towards it all.

Your food sounds really yummy and healthy! I've not been to subway for ages, I think because the last time I went the roll was just too small and I got too hungry lol. Might have to try a chicken schnitzel with pizza sauce, sounds so good. I'm glad that you feel positive about the way you're losing your weight.

I am too, I always tell myself I can have junk food but I remind myself how I will feel afterward: bloated and uncomfortable (I don't have a gallbladder either, and it takes a while for my stomach to get rid of fatty food now), and groggy and extra tired the next day. But its still nice to have some 'junk' every so often, I don't think I could cut cadbury marble chocolate out of my life :D
~Steph~

laughing_sheep

Postby dragonfly » Sat Nov 20, 2010 11:16 am

oooh i love that marble chocolate. havent had any in a loooong time.
do you have it from the fridge? i hate fridgey choc, i like it warm and soft LOL

anyhoo...... lol

havent eaten anythign today.
but going to make, a SMOOTHIE!!!

papaya, kiwi, strawberry smoothie.

have done a 60min walk, and a ton of housework to attack. better get off my butt, and get going, its 8am, and the kids are running amuck lol.
karin
mum of 5

dragonfly

Postby Dave » Sat Nov 20, 2010 8:45 pm

Some good tips there Dawn........Glad your doing well Dragon fly.........take care.
Dave

PreviousNext

Return to Daily Food Diary