It is currently Tue Apr 07, 2020 7:36 pm

Free Newsletter

dragonfly's food :)

Share and keep track of what you eat each day to help you lose weight.

Moderator: Moderators

Re: dragonfly's food :)

Postby dragonfly » Tue Nov 23, 2010 4:32 pm

23-11-2010

got my measurements here, and since 14th september until last week...
bust lost 1cms.... lol
waist 15cms
hips 19cms

I am just shocked!!! I mean I am happy with the results, who wouldnt be, but just at the amount of cms lost in that amount of time.
no wonder the 26 and 28 jeans have gone to retirement lol

todays food:
2 apples
tub yogurt
cous cous
tuna
cucumber
mushroom
hot chocolate at cafe with friends
green tea with apple and aloe.

and who knows what the rest of the day brings
karin
mum of 5
loosing by eating low fat, natural, organic and fresh

heaviest weight: 189kg
goal weight: 89kg
currently: 143.5kg
TOTAL LOST: 45.5kg
dragonfly

Postby dragonfly » Wed Nov 24, 2010 9:56 pm

24-11-2010

food:
smoothie, pineapple, strawberry, passionfruit, yogurt and milk
apple
water
green tea
yogurt
homemade roll with tuna
apple
green tea
50gms seaweed crackers
6 snow peas
still to eat:
prawns
garden salad

had a weigh-in at the weightloss group, and lost another 1.5kilos last week. I am shocked also to see it fall off, especially when alst week was horrendous! I became a evil queen censored and I knew it was hormonal, as AF showed yesterday. I need to look into a natural remedy to help with mood swings. the cravings were cray stoopid, and I gave into them. note to self, dont grocery shop during the PMT week. lol there was junk food in da house, so i ate it. alot of it. so yes, shocked at the loss. makes 17.5kilos since the operation now. :)

walked 50mins this morning. have drunk alot of water, and green tea due to the weather being warmer.
will half a lemon half squeezed into water too I think, just as something to drink while I watch the sun set.
karin
mum of 5

dragonfly

Postby laughing_sheep » Thu Nov 25, 2010 8:10 am

dragonfly wrote:24-11-2010

food:
smoothie, pineapple, strawberry, passionfruit, yogurt and milk
apple
water
green tea
yogurt
homemade roll with tuna
apple
green tea
50gms seaweed crackers
6 snow peas
still to eat:
prawns
garden salad

had a weigh-in at the weightloss group, and lost another 1.5kilos last week. I am shocked also to see it fall off, especially when alst week was horrendous! I became a evil queen censored and I knew it was hormonal, as AF showed yesterday. I need to look into a natural remedy to help with mood swings. the cravings were cray stoopid, and I gave into them. note to self, dont grocery shop during the PMT week. lol there was junk food in da house, so i ate it. alot of it. so yes, shocked at the loss. makes 17.5kilos since the operation now. :)

walked 50mins this morning. have drunk alot of water, and green tea due to the weather being warmer.
will half a lemon half squeezed into water too I think, just as something to drink while I watch the sun set.

That's great work Karin! The walking will make you lose weight alot more quickly, even with a bit of extra unhealthy eating. Also seaweed crackers are my favourite and lemon juice is meant to be really good for your liver, something us gallbladder-less people should keep in mind especially when having consumed a bit of extra fat :P
~Steph~

Starting weight: 92
Current weight: 70
Goal weight: 66
laughing_sheep

Postby dragonfly » Thu Nov 25, 2010 12:21 pm

25-11-2010

1 month to christmas lol
i've been up since before 5am. I wish the sun wouldnt rise so early. the kids think its time to get up at 4.55am.
I went walking, left at 5.30. I am not a morning person. I would never be caught dead out of bed before 7am a few months ago.
walked my fav walking track, by the rock for 70mins.

food:
raspberries and yogurt
karin
mum of 5

dragonfly

Postby dragonfly » Thu Nov 25, 2010 10:33 pm

ha ha time to finish the post off, that aint alot of food for one day. lol

raspberries and yogurt
water
greentea
subway 6inch white with egg and bacon with bbq sauce.
grapes
cucumber
snowpeas
scallops
pad thai home made, with 99% fat free noodles and veggies, a pad thai sauce 1 teaspoon
lime in water
lemon half in water
karin
mum of 5

dragonfly

Postby dragonfly » Sun Nov 28, 2010 11:54 pm

28-11-2010

food:
smoothie, blueberry, kiwi and passionfruit, yogurt and milk
green tea
lemon water
lots of water
bread roll with tuna
apple
rice with veggies
salmon
boiled egg

5.5km walk, well 1 hour walk.

food was bad today, not enough snacks to keep metabolism running at peak. was very busy all day, but achieved alot on a personal level in the house.
admiring my stomach shrinking from the birds eye view. loving the scales telling me i am 400gms off 40kilos :)
had another trip to the city, found i didnt eat at all for hours on end, as i couldnt find suitable food. feel guilty for not taking snacks with me, nuts and crackers to eat while driving etc.
alot of temptation in the house right now with the chrissco boxes arrival. but not feeling tempted.
in 3 weeks will eb tempted, but thats ok, I know I will have those cravings, so rather than ignore them and go stir crazy i am going to go with the flow. besides, the binge i have when AF is due, is nothin compared to amount of junk foods I used to eat.
mentally I struggle with body image, I kinda expect to see all the wobbly bits dissapear, and then be a bigger version of the skinny me, but instead, I am shrinking, but my body shape is still lumpy and wobbly. I dont have a full length mirror, but got to see myself full length in the city. I CAN see a difference. even tho I am still grossely overweight, I can see there is a difference in what I have been doing. I also was shocked to see the scars. they kinda took me by supprise actually.
karin
mum of 5

dragonfly

Postby Dave » Mon Nov 29, 2010 9:08 am

I'm sorry I have not been more supportive Dragon fly....been very very busy with stuff...I have left another forum to come back in here so I can concentrate on my own progress...in saying so I don't wish to appear selfish either. I hope I will have more time to read your posts as they are very inspiring to me. Don't be to hard on yourself with those little set backs as you have come a long way..INDEED.. I can only hope to take on some of your determination, only then will I be able to bust through my own plateaus.
Take Care
Dave :wink:
"Action may not always bring happiness, but there is no happiness without action"
.................. Image...............
Dave

Postby dragonfly » Mon Nov 29, 2010 11:16 am

thnks for the reply dave, I am as well busy, and yesterday only got to the computer for 10mins. i check facebook, and come here, and that was it. most days have been alot like this. must be the silly season LOL
feeling very exhausted today, the driving is catching up on me, and I just cant be super mum lol. today I am taking ti easy with the slower jobs, and getting the christmas sewing finsihed, wel, hopefully lol
karin
mum of 5

dragonfly

Postby dragonfly » Mon Dec 06, 2010 1:58 pm

6-12-2010

I have been for a walk this morning, early... to beat the heat. but the day has turned cool and its raining now. not real rain, just a few spitters LOL
I am feeling rather unenthusiastic about it all, and totally blew everything on the weekend. I was going to be good until christmas, but just couldnt control myself. the scales reflect this, as I am retaining fluid and my stomach is just upset and i'm crampy. the food choices I make reflect more than just the scales, but attitude and behavior and general wellbeing.

my exercise is just walking for now, its about all my body can handle. but in knowing that a broad range of foods gives me a good range of nutrients and vitamins, same in the sense that a range of exercises will benefit different parts of the body. I am hoping that as the weight falls of I will be more mobile and able to participate in other sports and do other exercises.

my circuit that i often walk, in the beginning at 187kilos I couldnt even walk half of it, but as time went on, I walked in it 1 hr 20mins. today I walked it in 1 hour 4 mins. I am hoping to get it under 1 hour :)

food:
yesterday involved ricotta and spinach callenoni with cheese....
snack right cookies, too many
chocolate, too much
the day before, homemade pizza with boccini, and chocolate.....

today: (predictions)
raspberries with yogurt
apple
green tea
wholemeal roll homemade with chicken and avocado
vita weat crackers
snow peas
cucumber
carrots
salmon
1/2 lemon in water
cous cous

I am snacking as I do the gardening, eating peas and cucmbers and carrots, and occasionally a strawberry. the capsicums are too small to eat still :( but over ambundance of lettuce.
the lizzards keep eating the zuchinni seedlings :(
chilli plants making chillis :) the spring onions almost ready, cellery a few weeks off, tomatoes fruiting up, the pumpkins flowering, watermelons flowering, the corn a week off.....
one could almost live entirely off what they can grow :)
karin
mum of 5

dragonfly

Postby Butterfly_Dawn » Tue Dec 07, 2010 10:26 am

Hey dragonfly, you've improved your fitness incredibly! WELL DONE!!! You'll have it under the hour in no time... do you know how far it is distance wise?

Also, for additional/variety exercises, maybe try some other low impact stuff like maybe pilates or cycling/exercise bike (yeah, yeah, I'm biased :P )? Swimming is also good - was the only thing I was allowed to do for a while when I hurt my back, but I can't swim very well, so I kinda sucked at it :lol:
35kg lost. (November 2005 - October 2006)
15kg gained again (as at October 2010).
Back to the drawing board - Let's do this thing!

"You can't change the winds, but you can change the sails"

"Reach out and take control of what lands in your lap"

Butterfly_Dawn

Postby Dave » Thu Dec 09, 2010 8:58 pm

How was your day dragonfly? Been flat out with my life outside of this thing :roll: Sometimes I wish I did not have one.... :lol:
Weekend coming...hope you have a good one :wink:
"Action may not always bring happiness, but there is no happiness without action"
.................. Image...............
Dave

Postby dragonfly » Sun Dec 12, 2010 11:48 pm

hey all!!! lol

12-12-10
yesterday I mananged to do my walk in 60mins :)
today I took a break from exercise, but will walk again tommorow.
I had some shocking food days, and blew the calories out by 2000 or soemthing.
the scales totally told me so, as I gained back 2 kilos.
Thankfully they are gone again, as I still pushed on with walking, even tho I managed to eat bad bad things.
one thing I need to learn and practise is even if I have a bad day, not to turn it into a bad week, and fall completely back into old habbits.
so bad choices, doesnt mean stop doing anythign good for the day. kinda counteract the bad things, with good things still LOL

food:
raspberies
yogurt
apple
wholemeal bun
chicken
avacado
honey melon
3 toffees
5 vita weet crackers
cucumber
salmon
garden salad
hot choccie
green tea
1/2 lemon in water

I'm getting really bad at remembering what i have eaten in the day.... it kinda just happens quite automatically, without too much thought really. which i guess is a good thing, as its really becoming a lifestyle, not a diet.

went to a concert for the kids at school, the whole community was there, and had a few comments by people about weightloss. so nice to know some people are noticing now. another 20kilos and I think it will become really obvious.
I think the longer hair style is slimming as well. :)

and the progress for 40kilos.
1st one is at the beginning, 2nd 20kilos lost, the last one, 40kilos lost. only face one for now, as I do a computer webcam pic every few months or so.
karin
mum of 5

dragonfly

Postby dragonfly » Mon Dec 13, 2010 11:18 am

13-12-10

I went walking this morning, wanted to try a new walking track, as we have 20,000 acres to walk around, that isnt too hard LOL.
so i started out walking, around 5:50am, and by 6:15 I was feeling really hot. I got to about an hour, and called hubby to come get me, I was light headed, and had run out of water. it felt like 30C already. so unfortunetly I think there goes me walking in the mornings. the sun is just too hot! I will need to do evening now. even tho its still warm, it will be dark, or the sun will be very low and the heat not so intense.
the walkign track would be about 1 hr 20mins, so a new challenge to get THAT one under a hour LOL.

I have started putting a whole cuccumber in my smoothies, its high water content replaces the milk I would have normally used. so less calories, and leaves me to have that milk later on in the day, such as in my hot choccie :)
this mornings smoothie is: cucumber, kiwi, strawberry with honey and banana yogurt. it made 1.2litres LOL, so it takes me 30mins to sip it down while I take some time out on the computer :)

off to make some multigrain bread rolls for lunch :)
and so happy we ate a whole garden salad last night entirely from the garden :)
karin
mum of 5

dragonfly

Postby laughing_sheep » Tue Dec 14, 2010 8:11 pm

Wow, what great progress you've made Karin! Congrats on improving your fitness and losing all of the weight you have so far, your progress photos reflect this. Its hard sometimes to keep up that motivation and to avoid binges. Sometimes what works for me is just removing myself from the kitchen, chewing some gum and talking to someone at home about it (or online).
~Steph~

Starting weight: 92
Current weight: 70
Goal weight: 66
laughing_sheep

Postby dragonfly » Tue Dec 14, 2010 10:50 pm

14-12-10

so I decided to measure the calories/fat etc for my day, and put my food into a calculator online... just to see how I am progressing on the self management, and non calorie counting, and see if i make the right decisions during the day to give an overall balance.

apple
cashews
hot choccie
2 tubs yogurt
whole meal roll
chicken
avacado
2 strawberries
thai rice noodles
veggies
paste thai
prawns
green tea
1/2 lemon in water

calories 1,880 Your Daily Goal 2,030
carbs total 282 your daily goal 279
fat total 56 your daily goal 68
protein total 72 your daily goal 76

so based on that I have done resonably well.
I do try keep my fats total lower as I still struggle with high fat foods.
no exercise today.
karin
mum of 5

dragonfly

PreviousNext

Return to Daily Food Diary