It is currently Sun Oct 25, 2020 5:38 am

Free Newsletter

dragonfly's food :)

Share and keep track of what you eat each day to help you lose weight.

Moderator: Moderators

Re: dragonfly's food :)

Postby Dave » Wed Dec 15, 2010 9:55 pm

WoW Dragonfly...That's awesome!!!! Sorry I did comment sooner...have been hugely busy just keeping up with it all & not giving in. You've really got something to be proud of there. Keep going with it hey! :D
"Action may not always bring happiness, but there is no happiness without action"
.................. Image...............
Dave

Postby dragonfly » Fri Dec 17, 2010 11:37 pm

17-12-10

another injury, quite small, but I have decided to keep off it until its gone, and then it wont get bigger and cause more problems. just a strained muscle in my ankle. nothing serious.
so I might give matenience a go lol. my goal was to hit 147kgs on my new scales (which are 2kilos out) in time for christmas, and I hit 146.9 this morning, so my aim will be to still be 147 on christmas LOL.
I know how to loose weight, do it well ;) but its then when i stop that I dotn know what to do. so gonna see if I can at least maintain this week, with little exercise. knowing me, tho, I'll be craving a walk sooner than a week away LOL
food was pretty crazy today.
raspberries
yogurt
2 minties
multigrain roll
2 slices ham
1/2 avocado
green tea
7 cashews
cucumber
4 snow peas
1 boiled egg
200grms salmon
hot choc with skim milk
1/2 bag marshmellows

so I added them into the online calorie counter, and hit 2350
so over by 350 calories.
which would have been ok if I had walked today, which I didnt lol.
the fat was over by 6grams, but protien over by 50grams LOL

yeah oops LOL
but for a maintainence calorie intake, I think its fine. but nutrionally, its not good lol

i am going to make soup tommorow.
need some veggies and something a lot lighter, less fat, as the salmon AND avocado was a bit overboard today. need to balance out the days I eat avo's with the days I have a low fat meat, such as prawns.

got prawns on the menu alot over christmas. amazed at 100grams of them yeild less than 1g fat, and only like 75calories :)
karin
mum of 5
loosing by eating low fat, natural, organic and fresh

heaviest weight: 189kg
goal weight: 89kg
currently: 143.5kg
TOTAL LOST: 45.5kg
dragonfly

Postby laughing_sheep » Sat Dec 18, 2010 9:50 am

dragonfly wrote:17-12-10

another injury, quite small, but I have decided to keep off it until its gone, and then it wont get bigger and cause more problems. just a strained muscle in my ankle. nothing serious.
so I might give matenience a go lol. my goal was to hit 147kgs on my new scales (which are 2kilos out) in time for christmas, and I hit 146.9 this morning, so my aim will be to still be 147 on christmas LOL.
I know how to loose weight, do it well ;) but its then when i stop that I dotn know what to do. so gonna see if I can at least maintain this week, with little exercise. knowing me, tho, I'll be craving a walk sooner than a week away LOL
food was pretty crazy today.
raspberries
yogurt
2 minties
multigrain roll
2 slices ham
1/2 avocado
green tea
7 cashews
cucumber
4 snow peas
1 boiled egg
200grms salmon
hot choc with skim milk
1/2 bag marshmellows

so I added them into the online calorie counter, and hit 2350
so over by 350 calories.
which would have been ok if I had walked today, which I didnt lol.
the fat was over by 6grams, but protien over by 50grams LOL

yeah oops LOL
but for a maintainence calorie intake, I think its fine. but nutrionally, its not good lol

i am going to make soup tommorow.
need some veggies and something a lot lighter, less fat, as the salmon AND avocado was a bit overboard today. need to balance out the days I eat avo's with the days I have a low fat meat, such as prawns.

got prawns on the menu alot over christmas. amazed at 100grams of them yeild less than 1g fat, and only like 75calories :)

What online calorie counter do you use Karin? Can I please have the link?

I ate prawns last night, yum and I realized how low in calorie and fat they are by themselves. Its the cooking methods used that make them unhealthy but I know you've taken care of that =)

Hope its ok for me to mention this...but why buy marshmallows at all? To me lollies are like crack and if I bought a packet I would probably eat at least half too. Anyways you're doing so well and the soup sounds like an awesome idea! :D
~Steph~

Starting weight: 92
Current weight: 70
Goal weight: 66
laughing_sheep

Postby dragonfly » Sat Dec 18, 2010 10:44 pm

there are many ones steph like calorieking and myfitnesspal that I use.

the marshmellows.... well I am not going to live my life always thinking about the food I want. I want to eat it, and learn to control myself with it.
Like you mentioned about the chocolate milk, have what you want, rather than a subsititute and then crave it all day.... week.

In all this more so than loosing weight, I want to teach myself and learn how to live a healthy lifestyle, not just a 6mth diet.
to learn how to control portions and not binge. to eat small amount of whatever I want, and enjoy them :)

my biggest fear is the end when i dont want to loose any more weight, or am happy at a weight range, to be able to control myself, and not end a diet and then get back into the lifestyle which got me to 187kilos in the first place.

I didnt not walk today LOL, woke up to a lovely cloudy overcast cool day, so we went for a walk with the family. 45mins maybe?? it was more about spending time with the family and not being couch potato's rather than exercise, which is another part of my plan to make my life, my lifestyle a healthier one.... forever!!

I had another weird food day again lol

breakfast 1 tub yogurt
5 minties
cous cous
hot chocolate
marshmellows
corn on cob
veggie soup
2 choc mint cookies

but I had a great big nanna nap in the afternoon, my body just really needed it. I just laid down to get the youngest to take a nap, and 3 hours later...... ha ha ha!!!

my ankle has no pain, staying off it for a day was all it needed.
so I am walking again tommorow, got to make the most of the cooler weather right now.
karin
mum of 5

dragonfly

Postby dragonfly » Sun Dec 19, 2010 10:44 am

19-12-10
I went for an awesome walk this morning, took the opposite way of my normal round the rock track, and completed in 64minutes. there are more hills i think going this way. awesome music, and nice cool start to the day. I could have kept going, but it was starting to warm up.
I didnt weigh myself this morning, I really wanted to, but made myself not weigh. I am a compulsive weigher. another bad habbit I need to break and push thru.
AF has arrived, along with a zit the size of mount everest! urgh!
but last week wasnt too bad. I didnt have the major blowout of 2 packets of timtams and a whole packet of snack rite cookies, which when eating the whole packet in one go isnt snacking rite LOL
I ate some junk food, but a little each day when i wanted it, and got thru that awful week of preAF.

I have an awesome book from the library called NO FAT-LOW FAT and there are a few recipes more I want to try out, then if they are good, I'll add them to my family fav's book. got the over due notice yesterday in the mail, so yeah it needs to go back.
karin
mum of 5

dragonfly

Postby dragonfly » Mon Dec 20, 2010 10:51 pm

20-12-10

evening walk, about 30mins approx, got too dark lol would have loved to go longer.
shocking food day, really bad, worst ever I think in 4mths.
food:
hot choc
strawberries and cream (lollies)
cous cous, Moroccan summer
6 mint slice biscuits
15 lolly banana's
veggies, noodles, prawns & pad thai paste.

no fruit, unless the lolly bananas count.... :oops:
no breakfast
over dose sugar

but in all that there was still exercise and lunch and dinner where normal meals.

some black 3/4 pants are getting waaay big. time to go sort my clothes and find the next size down, and pack these away into retirement. Even tho I feel bloated from AF, and the sugar lol, the clothes are getting looser :)
I can put my shoes on and tie up the laces in a minute of 2, and I am not puffed out doing just that even before the exercise begins. the bows are in the middle of the shoe, not the side as I can reach down now. sitting in our outdoor chairs is comfortable, and the side arms dont dig into my thighs.
25more kilos til all the baby weight is gone!!! It will be 10 years since I would have seen 120kilos on the scales. 1/3 of my life I have been morbidly obese!!!
so glad I am changing my ways, so I can spend the next 30-40years feeling great. then get old and wizz around in a red goffer with "hot stuff" number plates :)
karin
mum of 5

dragonfly

Postby laughing_sheep » Tue Dec 21, 2010 9:07 pm

dragonfly wrote:20-12-10

evening walk, about 30mins approx, got too dark lol would have loved to go longer.
shocking food day, really bad, worst ever I think in 4mths.
food:
hot choc
strawberries and cream (lollies)
cous cous, Moroccan summer
6 mint slice biscuits
15 lolly banana's
veggies, noodles, prawns & pad thai paste.

no fruit, unless the lolly bananas count.... :oops:
no breakfast
over dose sugar

but in all that there was still exercise and lunch and dinner where normal meals.

some black 3/4 pants are getting waaay big. time to go sort my clothes and find the next size down, and pack these away into retirement. Even tho I feel bloated from AF, and the sugar lol, the clothes are getting looser :)
I can put my shoes on and tie up the laces in a minute of 2, and I am not puffed out doing just that even before the exercise begins. the bows are in the middle of the shoe, not the side as I can reach down now. sitting in our outdoor chairs is comfortable, and the side arms dont dig into my thighs.
25more kilos til all the baby weight is gone!!! It will be 10 years since I would have seen 120kilos on the scales. 1/3 of my life I have been morbidly obese!!!
so glad I am changing my ways, so I can spend the next 30-40years feeling great. then get old and wizz around in a red goffer with "hot stuff" number plates :)

Don't beat yourself up or feel guilty too much, I think all dieters have days like yours today (me included lol). Good on you for focusing on how far you've come, your clothes are proof of how much you've achieved. I had a pair of jeans on today that were way too loose, I didn't realize how much. I can remember when they were too tight and how bloody good does it feel to fit into smaller clothes???!!! Hehe :D
~Steph~

laughing_sheep

Postby dragonfly » Wed Dec 22, 2010 6:20 pm

22-12-10

food so far:
blueberry and cucumber & vanilla yogurt smoothie
home-made pumpkin soup and 2 home made bread rolls (white)
strawberry yogurt
1/2 lemon in water
green tea
roobioos tea

just need to eat an apple now, to keep me going
then something else which i dont know LOL and then dinner, which i also dont know.
food has been really off for 3 days, and today is a total no sugar day. no lollies, no chocolate, just a detox.
its been hard, and amazing how easy it is to just fall back into old habbits of grabbing a handful of lollies here and there.
this time of year there is so much sweets and bad food just lying around at peoples houses, and the supermarkets just glisten with sparkly chocolates and bad things LOL

I walked my new track this morning, its been really cool, even rained, which is totally unusual, but any rain is welcomed here, the dams are all bone dry.
I did the whole walk, 1hr 20mins and I even jogged for 20 seconds, 2 times LOL not a pretty site to see ha ha ha, but I need to start somewhere.

3 days to christmas..... we've made a ginger bread house, which i am not tempted by at all. but the fruit sticks, licorice allsorts and marshmellows... well, sort of, but I am being strong. 3 days of no sugar or crap, and then christmas day I can eat the chocolate cake and the roast chicken. forecast is for 40C on saturday, we need that roast dinner today, its only 24C, yesterday was 22C.
karin
mum of 5

dragonfly

Postby Dave » Wed Dec 22, 2010 8:38 pm

I'm sorry dragonfly...what location are you at? Not sure if you ever mentioned it or now I'm in post mode I can't see location description? It's been raining around the Toowoomba region for like near 3 weeks now...however it has been a gold mine for my garden. 40 DEGREES.....Holly Shmolly!!!!!!! are you serious!!!! Have got sot some melons down or pumpkin for that kind of weather??? How do the veggies cope...well adjusted are they?

Guess what we did...My wife and I have given in on the Yogurt side of things...can't resist it and its now my official crutch so to speak...every Friday we would buy some, but now picked up a Yogurt Maker from Big-W. I check for the numbers as I usually do on the labels and we chose the best mixes with hardly any numbers in fact No numbers as all...as in additives...but I did see some on some powders which we left well alone. I know diary is not supposed to be good and in fact bad in some cases...but while I am eating healthy in all my other areas and keeping active and the weight down...............then I don't mind making excuses :roll:

Sounds like your prepared for the coming festive weekend...I'll be thinking of you and yours.......Have fun!!!! :wink:

OH YEA.......I really enjoyed reading about your walk and am very pleased to see how your getting stronger in that area. That's fantastic that your energy levels have been so...whatever your doing is obviously working...KEEP GOING AT IT.....in your own steam of course......its just so nice to seeing others making progress as well. Know that your efforts have kept me in this forum alone :)
"Action may not always bring happiness, but there is no happiness without action"
Dave

Postby laughing_sheep » Wed Dec 22, 2010 8:48 pm

Why is dairy not suppose to be good? Low-fat dairy products actually assist in weight loss, the dairy binds to the fat in the stomach and your body actually excretes twice as much fat when you consume low-fat dairy as when you don't.

I can remember reading the results of a study about 8 years ago in Reader's Digest that found obese people, on the same amounts of calories who included low-fat dairy in their diets lost more kilos than those who didn't. I was puzzled as to why this was so, if they were all on the same amounts of calories why would the dairy eaters lose more?

Then a couple of months ago I saw a documentary on tv that had originally been on the BBC called '10 Scientific Ways To Lose Weight.' One guy agreed to be the 'guinea pig', so for one week he ate no dairy and the next week he included dairy. His poo was analyzed during both weeks (I know it sounds gross lol) for the fat content and guess what? During the week he ate dairy, there was twice as much fat in his poo when compared to the week he didn't! How amazing is that???????? :D

All the tips/doco is here on youtube if you want to watch, I found it fascinating. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bXFXwlNAbME
~Steph~

laughing_sheep

Postby Dave » Wed Dec 22, 2010 9:21 pm

Its quite controversial to some degree Steph as is most food type in the area of weightloss and healthy eating...excuse me dragon fly I wont be rambling...I promise :) Whilst you have me on the spot here Steph...the truth is I am too tired to go deeply into it...basically our human body does not have the right parts to fully digest the lactose which is really meant for baby calf's let alone adult humans. (a cow has four stomachs and to my knowledge so does the calf to which they use all four in the processing of lactose) Milk is full of nutrient dense properties as well as calories for the growth of baby calf to help give them the boost they need.......filling up on that as adults is not healthy at all and leads to not only weight gain but also a host of other disorders not generally listed or advertised...the way in which the dairy is then treated also leave a host of other issues from the heat applies and added powders and so forth.....all this is just off the top of my tongue...I'll go deeper later and atatch the appropriate links so as you can draw your own conclusions other than just what I have to say. I am very much into the real sources when it comes to this information and I will do my best to answer this question in my own thread...hopefully I can present it in a light that is fruitful to us all :)
Dave

Postby laughing_sheep » Thu Dec 23, 2010 8:23 am

Wow sounds really interesting Dave. Would love to read that stuff when you're feeling less tired. My dad drinks lactose free milk so I think its funny how some people are lactose intolerant while others aren't. I work with kids and that's what is always pushed on kids, glasses of full cream milk and full-fat yoghurt/custard after lunch for dessert.
~Steph~

laughing_sheep

Postby dragonfly » Thu Dec 23, 2010 10:05 am

dave, we're in W.A, about 5 hours from the coast. 40C is the *mild* summer, we get months of over 40, january is usually our hottest, getting to 50C some days.
we do melons LOL. our open garden is being over run by tomatos and melons, and then we move into planting up the shaded part.
we havent as yet, as we're off to the city (perth) for 3 weeks after christmas, and dont want young seedlings to die.
yesterday i made pumpkin soup with the pumpkins we picked from last summer lol.
http://file.walagata.com/w/emitoby/Photo0144.jpg
is the veggies about 4 mths ago, with alot of that gone now and the melons and vines taking over, you can see the shaded bit too.
http://file.walagata.com/w/emitoby/Photo0181.jpg
this is the paddock with the sheep feeders, as there is no food, its dry dusty and desolate. its stormy and we actually got 12mm of rain the last few days. had about 120mm for the WHOLE year. we still grow a crop of wheat on that rainfall too!!!!
http://file.walagata.com/w/emitoby/Photo0212.jpg
mustering sheep, moving them to a paddock with more food...... and each day we take truck loads of water to all the tanks to give them something to drink.

so I am loving this cooler weather, great for walking.

I love my dairy, altho I am having issues, as I discovered they have the phynelenine stuff, great spelling lol, but the ones without it, have 30grams of sugar.
we have been makign our own in the easiyo maker for years now. mine is pink :) but the nice ones are very high fat (and sugar)
I just love having a yogurt snack, or in my smoothie.
apparently 90% of australian women dont get the recommended calcium intake per day. and with alot of the foods we eat being 10day old stuff, sitting in cool rooms, loosing all theri nutrition rapidly, I see why. I dont eat cheese so much now, once a week, and dont drink milk, unless I have a hot chocolate, so my other good source is yogurt.
hubby is lactose intolerant, but I have no problems with digesting the lactose or milk.
so for now I am going to continue yogurt, just need to find a brand I am happy with the calories, the fat and sugar content, without the added phyn.... stuff
karin
mum of 5

dragonfly

Postby Dave » Thu Dec 23, 2010 1:03 pm

Thanks for the photos...reminds me when I use to be a Jackaroo up north...I use to muster on motorbike all the time. The sheep were in the thousands then. I can see why you need shade cloth now...nice looking garden as well...46 degrees was about average up near Mt Isa during my working days there. As for the calcium factor with milk, you might be surprised to learn just how misleading such reliance can be, as well as our Adult bodies being unable to digest milk in general...in fact I appeal to you to read up on my research into it and consider the implications or the impact that long term diary can have on your system. Here is a link, that at the very least, gives cause for concern. I'm not just talking about cutting back on the fat content...as they way they do so destroys much of what ever goodness we do end up processing...It's my opinion its only ever any good in its natural form and even then just for kids...any other benefits derived from it is weighed against all the cons now coming to light amongst an ever widening group of conscious consumers...kind of like lifting the lid on all the marketing hype...so to speak.
http://www.rense.com/general26/milk.htm
Going to start quoting, from another "Well Informed Source" sitting right in front of me...(I'm sick of pussy footing around it) that might shed some light on the issues of Diary...Thanking you again for those photos...they brought back some of the better memories of my Jackarooing days...can't say much about the way I was treated though :D
Dave

Postby dragonfly » Sat Dec 25, 2010 5:53 pm

25-12-10

christmas day.
no restrictions, just eat what I want........ still keeping lowfat in mind, as I dont want to suffer tooooooo much lol.

food:
perky bananas chocolate bars
6 gulliyan chocolates
1 big glass cranberry drink
1 white toast (no butter)
3 eggs, scrambled with 10grams butter
roobioos tea
honeycomb icecream (homemade, small bowl)
gingerbread house peice
roast chicken
roast potatoes, 97% fat free
cranberry juice

thats up until 3pm, but i doubt there will be any more food, only water and water and water. Its about 46C on the veranda in the shade.... so we are inside, obviously lol. just having a laze around, building lego and we will go swim afterwards.
dinner will be, if i eat anything a bowl of veggie soup, or a salad, cucumbers etc.

tommorow, is day 1 of detox and back to normal LOL
scales said 146.1kgs this morning, so even after a bad week, the exercise has helped :)

besides the lemon juice, what other natural detox can i do?
karin
mum of 5

dragonfly

PreviousNext

Return to Daily Food Diary