It is currently Wed Nov 14, 2018 7:37 am

Free Newsletter

dragonfly's food :)

Share and keep track of what you eat each day to help you lose weight.

Moderator: Moderators

Re: dragonfly's food :)

Postby laughing_sheep » Mon Dec 27, 2010 11:46 am

dragonfly wrote:25-12-10

christmas day.
no restrictions, just eat what I want........ still keeping lowfat in mind, as I dont want to suffer tooooooo much lol.

food:
perky bananas chocolate bars
6 gulliyan chocolates
1 big glass cranberry drink
1 white toast (no butter)
3 eggs, scrambled with 10grams butter
roobioos tea
honeycomb icecream (homemade, small bowl)
gingerbread house peice
roast chicken
roast potatoes, 97% fat free
cranberry juice

thats up until 3pm, but i doubt there will be any more food, only water and water and water. Its about 46C on the veranda in the shade.... so we are inside, obviously lol. just having a laze around, building lego and we will go swim afterwards.
dinner will be, if i eat anything a bowl of veggie soup, or a salad, cucumbers etc.

tommorow, is day 1 of detox and back to normal LOL
scales said 146.1kgs this morning, so even after a bad week, the exercise has helped :)

besides the lemon juice, what other natural detox can i do?

YUM I love perky bananas chocolate bars and guylian chocolates! In terms of detox I think its just trying to eat as much unprocessed food as possible, lots of veg and fruit, and try and avoid sugar/saturated fat/caffeine etc. I think if we feed our bodies the foods that it naturally needs, everything starts working better and looking better too.

Something I read that sometimes helps: when we eat because our livers have to process the food, this automatically raises our body temperature. So when its boiling hot its an extra incentive for me to try and eat a bit less. I've also read that when we eat when we're not hungry this is extra strain on our livers because it has to process food it doesn't need (I guess that's going back to your detox question).

How did you go yesterday and today with your eating and exercise? Maybe you could get a cheap aerobics dvd off ebay when it gets too hot to go walking go outside :D
~Steph~

Starting weight: 92
Current weight: 70
Goal weight: 66
laughing_sheep

Postby dragonfly » Mon Dec 27, 2010 1:38 pm

27-12-10

yesterday wasnt a good day, as we had friends over for a BBQ, and I didnt hold back really.

I had pancakes with maple syrup, then prawns and chicken kebabs, bread roll, salad, potato gems, and the big platter of nibblies I ate mushrooms, carrots, non of the cheese or salami's.
I had marshmallows and 3 timtams. some icecream, a spoonful, and a vita weet cracker. a few snow peas and a cucumber while doing the garden. no dinner.
I guess not really over in calories, just alot of pepsi max and no exercise.

so anyway today has started much better. 90min walk, blueberry, cucumber and raspberry yogurt smoothie for breakfast.

I gained 1 kilo over the whole 4 day celebration period, which I think will soon be gone anyway.

again setting myself another mini goal, and weight today 147kilos, and want to get to 140kilos for valentines day. thats about 6 weeks away, and 7kilos in that time, requires that i walk 4-5times a week.
3 weeks holiday in the city starting tomorrow, so i may or may not be on here as much.... but my aim is to include incidental exercise each day, whether walking the shops to get all the kids school stuff ready, or a walk by the beach, or the river with the kids, something each day to be active.

drinks will be green tea, lemon juice and water now.
was like gold to indulge in pepsi max, but now onto serious stuff again, and purge the body of those hinderances which will cause my downfall.

even today already i feel better, not having sugar, sugar, sugar, sugar.
karin
mum of 5
loosing by eating low fat, natural, organic and fresh

heaviest weight: 189kg
goal weight: 89kg
currently: 143.5kg
TOTAL LOST: 45.5kg
dragonfly

Postby Dave » Thu Dec 30, 2010 8:13 am

Way to go Dragonfly. It's good to make the distinction between Giving up and Easing up...which I feel you have so elegantly done. I'm at a spot that requires I also ease up a little but not so much as to Let Go! My stringent methods have been good in helping me thus far...however I now acknowledge the strain of it all and that if not careful I will be trading in contentment and peace of mind for a what started off as much needed discipline that is becoming far to regimented with no air to breath nor space to move...Therefore I'll be easing up a little as well...but for me...but there is a danger to letting go!

Congrats on your outlook...You seem well balanced by all accounts!!! Looks Up To You :wink:
"Action may not always bring happiness, but there is no happiness without action"
.................. Image...............
Dave

Postby laughing_sheep » Thu Dec 30, 2010 11:37 pm

OH YUM I LOVE POTATO GEMS!!!!! I've eaten whole 1 kilo packs over a day lol, I'm so tempted to get some now lol. Incidental exercise sounds like a great idea Karin.

I hope its ok if I ask but...did you recently revise your final weight loss goal? I did too :)
~Steph~

laughing_sheep

Postby Dave » Fri Dec 31, 2010 2:19 pm

Image :D...please tell me your smiling :|
"Action may not always bring happiness, but there is no happiness without action"
Dave

Postby dragonfly » Sat Jan 01, 2011 4:58 pm

lol, yes i am smiling!!

just popping in to say I feel fantastic!!!!
I havent been formally exercising, I must admit, but been pretty sensible on the food.
amazed at the variety of fresh fruit here, int he city and been buying from a somewhat organic guy, rather than coles or woolies.
the fruit doesnt last very long, but it tastes real :) I have eaten so much fruit the last few days, and having new an exciting ones as well, seeing as they arent available in our local IGA.
I even bought oragnic milk from margaret river, vaalia yogurt, fresh bread with 9 grains.... oh the choices LOL

i have no scales, so thats one thing I am finding hard, as I cannot measure sucess by numbers, only by the way I am feeling.

HAPPY NEW YEAR everyone!!! I had a glass of pepsi max, and 2 glasses pomegranate juice, 6 mint cookies, and a box of chocolates lol, and then all the normal foods, and fruits and 2litres water. stayed up to 12:30am LOL, kids up at 7am.... but I feel alive, and want to go exercise. I want to go do soemthing, I feel jumping jelly beans, but its too hot to do anything, :( so have to wait until around 6-7pm tonight.

todays food:
pomegranate juice
nectarine
peach
apricot
cherries
grapes
plain yogurt
2 multigrain bread
2 boiled eggs
green tea
vita weet crackers, wholegrains
1 white bread roll

the rest of the day...
garden salad, salmon
apple
grapes
blueberries

hope everyone else had a fantastic start to the new year!!!!
karin
mum of 5

dragonfly

Postby laughing_sheep » Sun Jan 02, 2011 10:39 am

Glad you're feeling so good Karin! :D All of that food sounds really yummy too, I totally pigged out on a fruit platter yesterday and it was great lol :P
~Steph~

laughing_sheep

Postby Dave » Wed Jan 05, 2011 10:16 am

Arrrrr Karin...can I call you Karin as well :D
Dave

Postby Dave » Thu Jan 06, 2011 2:41 pm

Re your comment in my thread...Thanks for your honesty.
Dave

Postby dragonfly » Fri Jan 07, 2011 7:03 pm

hi!!!
thought i would be banned from here and chased away with a stick!!!! :|

quite often the truth hurts, i have come across that many times, and yes it hurts when faced with the truth, and knowing that I am far from the truth at this point in my life.
wont go into too much detail....
I guess we are all messed up lol.

finding peace and happiness amoungst all the crazy censored, and a happy balance between good and bad.
and thats probably going to be censored, sh it LOL

my new year has been very relaxed. I am awake ready to exercise, but with a blister waiting to be healed.... I hop back into bed again. maybe tommorow. my heart is there, the body doesnt want to obey!
I have been walking during the day, not formal exercises, but around the city, at the park, and in the shopping mall. I have also been eating a few too many calories than I should, altho its all low fat, its just too much of it. the whole theory of cows get fat on grass and theres no fat in grass (or is there??? i am not about to go eat it LOL)
the abundance of summer fruits, and a shared icecream at the shops with miss 3 today, bliss.... happiness.
1 hour making whirlpools in the 10ft pool with miss 8, awesome fun!!!! enjoying life, living life!!!
climbing the playground with master 2, going down the blue slide (and not getting stuck) laying on the grass watching them play, eating apples, blueberries and getting terribly sunburnt... priceless!!

life!!! love!!! laughter!!! LIVING!!!

girls only....
buying bras in the shops today that fit, and make me look even slimmer... gobsmacked at buying a 16E, but happy it aint some big granny bra with flowers, but a sexy black one :)

love it!!!!

love it all.
love what comes with loosing weight, love the vibrant feeling, the inner energy, the lightness.

but love to experience an overall balance, and die with a chocolatey smile on my face :)
karin
mum of 5

dragonfly

Postby Dave » Fri Jan 07, 2011 8:38 pm

Hi Dragonfly...this place has been pretty good a letting people express themselves. My original posts are evidence of just that...I'll do a right up later on my exit in my own thread I guess. I've reached a good spot by looking long and hard at the truth within myself...I also have a ways to go...but the snapshot I've taken it pretty much me out in the open now...I'm pretty happy with that and am now moving on in good spirits. Thank you very much for your support!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You have been a huge help...my words can not really do you justice. Best wishes to you and your family. Take care:
Dave :wink:
Dave

Postby dragonfly » Mon Jan 17, 2011 6:12 pm

17-01-11

my daughters 4th birthday today. we are home again after our time away., and getting back into routine and some kind of stability.
I have not been walking, but I am wanting to get out there and do it. just waiting on a few things.

sad to see you go dave, but had you in my thoughts when we heard about the toowomba floods.
I hope all is well with your house, garden, and family.
so sad to see such sadness and destruction, but also good to see the people rallying together.

food today:
yogurt
wholegrains vita weet crackers
can of soup (minestrone)
raspberries and yogurt

dinner is party foods, finger foods, all by miss 4's choice. we go special on birthdays, things they wouldnt normally have.
karin
mum of 5

dragonfly

Postby laughing_sheep » Mon Jan 17, 2011 7:43 pm

Hi Karin, nice to see you back again. On the topic of birthday's it was mine yesterday too :D

Parties can be tough because of all the yummy food and the variety, but they are special occasions so what can you do but eat =)
~Steph~

laughing_sheep

Postby dragonfly » Sat Jan 22, 2011 10:21 pm

22-01-11

my boy turns 7 today.
another party, more lollies, chocolate cake and party foods.

todays food:
smoothie: yogurt, raspberry and kiwi
100grams crackers (400cals)
veggie soup, homemade (best ever)
another bowl of it LOL
salmon oven cooked
3 oven chips
salad (cucumber, lettucce, capsicum, lettuce)
4 banana lollies
1 fruti stick
25 chewy fruits
1 haribo lolly packet, like 15grams.

65mins walk
so the walk will be the balance out of those lollies LOL

hate the blisters on my heels, cant understand why they are coming up, as its not like I didnt walk before.....
I set myself some goals, and I am not sure I will reach them, which is dissapointing :( I wanted to be 140 for valentines day, and I have to work really really hard to achieve that.
the over eating in the city lead to a gain, and I now have to loose that, plus extra.
I hate goals LOL, because of the feeling of failure when not reached. but i like them, as they give me motivation to try harder too. hmmmm lol.
but ultimatley its about going down on the scales, and if it takes 3 weeks or 3 months or 3 years, the end is the same right?
karin
mum of 5

dragonfly

Postby laughing_sheep » Sun Jan 23, 2011 12:00 am

dragonfly wrote:22-01-11

my boy turns 7 today.
another party, more lollies, chocolate cake and party foods.

todays food:
smoothie: yogurt, raspberry and kiwi
100grams crackers (400cals)
veggie soup, homemade (best ever)
another bowl of it LOL
salmon oven cooked
3 oven chips
salad (cucumber, lettucce, capsicum, lettuce)
4 banana lollies
1 fruti stick
25 chewy fruits
1 haribo lolly packet, like 15grams.

65mins walk
so the walk will be the balance out of those lollies LOL

hate the blisters on my heels, cant understand why they are coming up, as its not like I didnt walk before.....
I set myself some goals, and I am not sure I will reach them, which is dissapointing :( I wanted to be 140 for valentines day, and I have to work really really hard to achieve that.
the over eating in the city lead to a gain, and I now have to loose that, plus extra.
I hate goals LOL, because of the feeling of failure when not reached. but i like them, as they give me motivation to try harder too. hmmmm lol.
but ultimatley its about going down on the scales, and if it takes 3 weeks or 3 months or 3 years, the end is the same right?

Sounds like you ate lots of yummy food! Exercise really does help hugely. In terms of the blisters, maybe its the kind of shoe you're walking in that might be leading to them. That's what I found with myself anyway, and as soon as I switched to a sandshoe with more support I stopped getting sore feet. Also what might really help too is if you get some foot supports and put them in your shoes, you can get them from a chemist and I think they are in the supermarket as well.

In terms of goals, I do have an end goal of 66 kilos but I've not put a time frame on that. Everyday I just try and do the best I can and I seem to still be having losses. I avoided the time frame thing because I would feel bad if I didn't lose the weight by a particular time which I figure is a bad thing as every gram lost in the end is an achievement and something to be celebrated :D
~Steph~

laughing_sheep

PreviousNext

Return to Daily Food Diary