It is currently Tue Sep 27, 2016 2:36 pm

Free Newsletter

WestieBarbie's food diary

Share and keep track of what you eat each day to help you lose weight.

Moderator: Moderators

WestieBarbie's food diary

Postby westiebarbie » Wed Sep 29, 2010 7:36 am

First day recording! Still on the detox, so:

Breakfast: smoothie (1 banana, 2 kiwifruit, 3 scoops protein powder, 1 1/2 cups frozen berries, 3/4 cup natural yoghurt, 1/2 cup rice milk, 1 cup water, makes 3 serves, I had 1/3 the recipe)

Morning tea: 1/2 avocado

Lunch: Home made pumpkin soup (pumpkin, onion, garlic, ginger and chicken stock)

Afternoon tea: Small piece of salmon, 1 small apple

5pm: BOOTCAMP AHHH

7.30 Dinner - yet to be decided, probably just salad

I am really full on this diet due to the massive amount of fiber and whole foods. Not losing any weight yet though :(

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wYKdMyx/]
[/url]
westiebarbie

Re: WestieBarbie's food diary

Postby dragonfly » Wed Sep 29, 2010 3:30 pm

goodluck, and hope you loose that 10kilo you want.

took a while for me to start the kilos to shed. it will come soon, dont give up hope ok!
karin
mum of 5
loosing by eating low fat, natural, organic and fresh

heaviest weight: 189kg
goal weight: 89kg
currently: 143.5kg
TOTAL LOST: 45.5kg
dragonfly

Postby westiebarbie » Fri Oct 01, 2010 12:56 pm

Thanks Karin! I need all the motivation I can get

Thurs:
Breakfast = smoothie, same as yesterday
Snack = roast tomato, courgette, mushroom and couscous
Lunch = pumpkin soup, nectarine, iced tea
Snack = Apple, plain yoghurt, 100ml fresh OJ
Dinner = Big green salad, nectarine, crystalized ginger
Desert = coconut chips
(I cheated a little and had a couple of Mentos, my breath wasn't so great!)

Today (Fri):
I'm now off the detox so I will start calorie counting, I will try to start weighing my food when possible too

Breakfast = 3 slices pumpernickel bread 133cal, tomato 20cal, lite cream cheese 35cal, smoked salmon 131 cal, 2 slivers of camembert 40cal, black coffee.
total 359cal

Snack = apple 70 cal, fitness bread 86 cal

Gym - workout B plus 50 mins of hard cardio

Lunch = Pumpkin soup 100 cal, Orange 70 cal

Total so far, 685.5 cal

I need to save some because i'll be drinking tonight at a friend's flatwarming eek!
westiebarbie

Postby westiebarbie » Tue Oct 05, 2010 8:46 am

Ok well Friday was a bit of a fail!

(carrying on from last post)

Dinner; pumpernickel with a can of salmon
Drinks: 1 bottle champagne, 1 glass punch, 2 or 3 tequila soda and limes (can't remember, might have been a tequilla shot in there too eek!!)

Saturday:

Breakfast: black coffee, pumpernickel with smoked salmon and low fat cream cheese

Snack: iced tea, yoghurt fruit and museli

Lunch: (late about 4pm) tom yum soup with veges, shrimp and chicken from the food court)

Dinner: Bite of bf's mc'donalds, couple of chips, glass of diet coke (I was soo soo soo hungover I didn't feel like eating! only ate during the day to keep up my energy at work)

Sunday:

Breakfast: pumpernickel with can of salmon, coffee
Snack: orange
Snack: packet of pumpernickel
Lunch: 1 poached egg on toast, handful of crisps
Dinner: roast chicken, 1 piece each of pumpkin, potato and kumara, beans and carrots, gravy
Desert: apple crumble, berries and icecream (naughty I know, I was over for dinner at mum's)

Monday:

Breakfast: pumpernickel with tuna, apple, coffee
Lunch: beetroot salad with feta and beans, tea
Snack: crisps (need to stop this!) and a can of tuna
BOOTCAMP!
Dinner: fish poached with celery, carrots, onion and canned tomatoes on brown rice
Desert: bowl of frozen berries, 1 scoop of mango sorbet

SO... after this disaster of a weekend I doubt I will have lost any weight at all!
My lesson for today is to track everything I consume as its eaten, and keep a calorie tally!

Today: tuesday

Breakfast:
1 celebrity slim shake 207 cals
1 boiled egg 70 cals
1 coffee w milk 40 cals

Snack:
Pumpernickel 87 cals

Lunch:
Pumpkin soup (store) 195 cals
Veges 40 cals

GYM!!!!!!!!

Snack:
1 boiled egg 70 cals
Apple 60 cals

Dinner:
Roast beef (not sure what is going with this so will post later)
westiebarbie

Postby westiebarbie » Thu Oct 07, 2010 9:08 am

Even after saying my goal for this week was to track everything I didn't do it at all yesterday!
From memory it wasn't a bad day though :)

Here is today (thurs)

Breakfast:
2 spoons carb free protein powder in 150 ml water
2 egg omlete with 1/2 tomato, 1/2 onion and fresh basil
Instant coffee with milk

Snack:
Pumpernickel

Lunch:
Spinach salad with 1/2 tomato, 6 black olives, 1 pickle, 1 boiled egg
Can of tuna in lite mayo

Snack:
deli meat (100g fat free chicken)

Dinner:
Protein shake
Green salad
westiebarbie

Postby westiebarbie » Fri Oct 08, 2010 11:03 am

Yesterday got modified a bit after I posted:

Snack in afternoon: cottage cheese with chives

Dinner: can of pink salmon, miso soup, several peanuts in shell

Snack: diet coke, atkins chocolate tablet (sugar free, 130 cals)

Today:

Breakfast:

Cream cheese on 1 slice pumpernickel (far too much cream cheese, like 200cal worth!)
2 poached eggs
coffee with milk

Snack:
1 hard boiled egg

Lunch:
salad
1 hard boiled egg
1 can tuna
small serve of almonds, cashews. (No nuts from now on, just realized how many cals they have eep!)

I think I just need to get the extras under control like nuts and cheese and i'll be sorted :)
westiebarbie

Postby dragonfly » Fri Oct 08, 2010 10:46 pm

dont give up on the nuts. they contain so much good stuff. yes the calories are high, but you dont eat heaps of them, so add a few everyday for those healhy fats, keeps my skin soft and subtle.
karin
mum of 5
loosing by eating low fat, natural, organic and fresh

heaviest weight: 189kg
goal weight: 89kg
currently: 143.5kg
TOTAL LOST: 45.5kg
dragonfly

Postby Dave » Sat Oct 09, 2010 10:44 pm

Hi westie,
Good luck with your progress...I have to take my hat off to you laddies. You are very dedicated to your goal...your discipline is clear to see. I love pumpkin soup myself...MMMmmm. Your efforts as well as dragonflys makes me want to try harder...I have to agree with Dragon fly on the Nuts as in small amounts they are very healthy and as such the calories obtained that way, will be broken down much more easily than calories gained in processed or sweetened foods. I am very luck that my wife has taken the initiative to make Almond Milk by soaking the nuts overnight and squeezing the juice out with a filter back...she (LISA) then uses the left over meal to make Almond cheese...The result is a nutty flavored milk that mixes well with my banana & flax-meal breaky shake. I get to give the dairy a break which in itself will take longer to break down in the body by comparison to the Almond mile and even the cheese made thereafter.

Please excuse my exuberant manner to give advice as once again, I can clearly see you know what you are doing. I really can't get over the way some of you stick to your plans so well...I hope to find the time to pop back in some time and see how your doing...Best of luck...but I think most of us know, luck has nothing to do with it...you deserve the nectar you gain with every loss you make :wink:
"Action may not always bring happiness, but there is no happiness without action"
.................. Image...............
Dave

Postby westiebarbie » Tue Oct 12, 2010 3:13 pm

Thanks for all the encouragement guys!

I know the nuts are great in terms of nutrition and getting all those essential fats in, but I do find it hard to stop at a "reasonable" portion. Maybe I should divide up individual servings as soon as I buy them instead of diving head first into a massive bag haha :oops:

Haven't tracked for a couple of days but i've been good I promise!

Here is today (tues)

breakie: 1 small can of chicken in lite mayo on pumpernickel, coffee with splash of milk

Snack: peanuts in shell, cottage cheese with chives and garlic

Lunch: mixed salad with a little grated cheese, can of salmon

GYM!!!! work out 2 (arms) plus 50 min cardio ( bike, stepper and crosstrainer)

Now i'm stuck at university until 7 and starving!

Dinner when I get home will be an omlette - 2 egg 1 white with tomato, onion and for a treat vanilla protein in a shake :) My partner is out for dinner so i'm cooking solo tonight
westiebarbie

Postby westiebarbie » Wed Oct 13, 2010 7:16 am

Hrm. Well last night I got a bit off track, instead of the protein shake I had about 1 1/2 to 2 servings of cheese (if you count a serving as a matchbox size). Naughty! Saturated fat is one habit I don't want to get into :?

Otherwise I was pretty good.

This morning so far (Wednesday)

Breakfast: pumpernickel with 1 poached egg, 1 plain non fat yoghurt (unsweetened), coffee with millk

Snack: handfull of peanuts in shell, diet root beer

Planned for later:
Lunch: tin of tuna, cottage cheese
Snack: more peanuts in shell.

I didn't pack lunch today so i'm relying on the (very limited) low carb options around university.

Dinner: Its my little brother's 21st bday so we're going to Tanuki's cave, a japanese restaurant. I imagine that 'm going to have miso, endame and a skewer of some sort - the grilled black prawns look promising! A glass of red may also be in order, and sake shots might also happen. Guess i'll have to keep it light during the day to compensate!
westiebarbie

Postby westiebarbie » Thu Oct 14, 2010 9:35 am

UGH.

Last night was so good, but I definitely did NOT stick to my planned food!

Before leaving uni I had 1/2 a packet of sugar free licorice (thats ok)
But when we got to Tankui's it was all on. I think I even managed to eat a bite of deep fried cheese at some point... gross!

I think the tally was 1 kingfish lettuce wrap, 2 grilled prawns, bite of deep fried cheese, 1/2 a chicken and cheese skewer, 1/2 a deep fried mushroom and cheese mince ball, 1 deep fried chicken skewer, 1 steak skewer, 1/2 a pork belly skewer, a bite of steak donburi, 1/4 cup of rice with butter, side plate of spinach and bacon salad.... yeah I give up! It just kept coming, and it was all so tasty!

Today i'm definitely craving more junk, so I have to say on balance last night wasn't worth it. Next time I'm paying more attention to what goes in my mouth!!

Breakfast today (thurs)
1 egg on pumpernickel, 1 extra packet of pumpernickell, 1/4 cup of milk, 2 serves cheese, 1 serve salad dressing (how did I eat so much after all that food last night?!)

Snack:
Another packet of pumpernickel (damn carbs cravings), left over sugar free licorice

Lunch:
2 hard boiled eggs
1 tin salmon

Problem is even after all this food I don't feel satisfied. Looks like today will be tough! I think i'm going to have to buy protein powder and mix that up at work to knock these cravings off, because even though my stomach is full right now i'm still craving something sweet.
westiebarbie

Postby westiebarbie » Mon Oct 18, 2010 5:16 pm

Big fail, I'm going to have to come up with something to get back on track and start over!

Will post tomorrow
westiebarbie

Postby westiebarbie » Tue Oct 19, 2010 9:02 am

So. I went off track big time... it started with little things but over the weekend it added up to a major fail. I can't blame it on anyone because I CHOSE to eat all that junk food, but It was a little too much for my self control when my boyfriend brought home icecream and soda to make floats. One taste and my entire weekend winds up with me on a quest for SUGAR NOW!!!

So its tuesday. I skipped dinner last night - I felt like I just needed some space from all that binge eating. Breakfast this morning was a celebrity slim shake, tea with milk, and a chunk of cheese.
Lunch was broccoli carrots beans and cauliflower with left over bolognese mince with mushrooms.
For a snack i'm now eating a single serve 100cal pack of peanuts and drinking some seriously strong coffee.
I also have a tin of salmon I may eat at some stage.
Dinner tonight will be tacos - already packed up because i'm at uni 9am-9pm today. I'll probably eat those with the boyfriend about 7pm.

Not going to the gym today - just didn't feel like it.

As soon as I can afford it i'm getting more celeb slim. I think I just need to remove some of my choices from the equation... right now I spend too much time and effort agonizing about what and when to eat, and worrying that i'll screw up, then giving up and eating whatever. Celeb slim isn't the healthiest option, but its calorie controlled.

I'm still going to limit my carbs, and maybe look for a protein powder that is lower in them than the CS.

Gym will start back next week when I have my eating under control again
westiebarbie

Postby westiebarbie » Tue Oct 19, 2010 9:36 am

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=25289

Just In case I forget. Not Ok! :evil: :oops: :!:
westiebarbie

Postby westiebarbie » Wed Oct 20, 2010 6:26 am

Yesterday went ok, only addition were some peanuts

Today (wed)

Breakfast CS shake